Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who did you pick for you're XO?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Who did you pick for you're XO?

Oragummi
12.11.2012 , 11:15 AM | #31
I personally think M1-4X should get the position...even though it doesn't technically make sense.

Andronicos
12.13.2012 , 10:22 AM | #32
On the one I hand I think Elara is more qualified for the executive officer position with her perfectionism and her deep knowledge of every regulation, on the other I felt bad for Jorgan because of what happened to him in the prologue, so I asked them why they should get the promotion, Jorgan just said he should because he once was a lieutenant and thus is qualified while Dorne reinforced what I mentioned above and pointed out that as a former imperial she knows their tactics inside and out, which I agreed with so she got the promotion.

Which I think it's the best choice because choosing someone because of prior history rather than current potential is never the best thing to do, I just hope I can give Jorgan a promotion eventually, don't want him to become Havoc's Harry Kim.
Darth Securos - Dark Lord of the Sith
Captain Galen Sunlighter - Just a simple man making his way on the galaxy
Agent Keldran Reus - "Corellian ale, shaken not stirred"

aurellian
12.15.2012 , 12:22 PM | #33
Jorgan is a proven leader. Unjustly demoted. You need to foster good faith and will with your subordinates. For those reasons, I chose Jorgan.

Petnil
12.16.2012 , 11:34 AM | #34
Im not sure i would thrust Jorgan to take a former Havoc squad member as prisoner. Its not so much the heckeling he did on starter planet, its all "the boohoo i didnt deserve this" + "i hate all the former Havoc squad members"
Hes just a bit too emotionall for my liking as XO.

Then theres Elara. Former imperial soldier. Heer by the books ways might work well. Still she was imperial and im not 100% id like my XO to be X-imperial. Who knows what kinda relations she might have on imperial side with some emotional bind on her. Also, how good is she to think on the go. To make new plans when the old plans gets FUBAR.

i picked Elara. I asked both why they should get promoted, and Jorgen was shocked that i would ask. Clearly he was the better XO material. Getting emotional again instead of just pointing out his strong sides was what tipped the scales in Elaras favor.

I love my 4X, i can allways count on him to hate all imperial scum. Definedtly my favorite trooper companion. I cant promote him though, and hed probably make a bad XO anyways. Emotions are bad for an XO, and hating all imperial scum is kinda emotional.

Vik, no way. Hed abuse power as XO and i would never thrust him to do anything without trying to angle it in some way so he could make some extra profit.

Yuun. He doesnt seem to be enough trooper, but setting that aside hed probably be my pick.(i know you cant pick him ofc.) He get things done even if his approch migh be a bit strange alot of the time. He seems to be a proffesional without getting too emotional or getting too "everything-must-be-by-the-book"

nateslice
12.16.2012 , 01:29 PM | #35
I haven't reached that point yet, but I plan to promote Jorgan.

Elara is the companion I use, and it'd be a bad decision from a long-term strategic standpoint to have the first and second in command running around together, facing the same dangers, without backup. If my Trooper wound up KIA, having his second-in-command there to get KIA along with him would be dumb. The second-in-command needs to be ready to step in and take charge. This is Star Wars, not Star Trek.

Besides, I plan to romance Elara, and it looks really bad for a commander to promote his girlfriend over the unjustly-demoted veteran.
Star Wars goodness from Richard Cheese:
Star Wars Cantina
The Imperial March

A_nonymous
12.16.2012 , 09:12 PM | #36
I promoted Dorne as mentioned earlier. Then on the last mission of Chapter 2, she gives the mission briefing which I would expect out of an XO. I'm assuming if I had picked Jorgan, he'd have been the one up there. However during a cut scene on the mission she refers to herself as Sergeant Dorne. Shouldn't she be a Lieutenant? What's up with that?
Gunwalker Legacy FTW.

pudim
12.17.2012 , 08:37 AM | #37
I picked Aric just so he could shut up about the decision I make

don't think Elara would be a good leader

and I romanced Sgt Jaxo
You either subscribe, or you don't, cartel coins are useless

Leigabar
12.20.2012 , 04:48 AM | #38
I've promoted Elara.

1) I'm Medic witch means Aric is all the time with me in "hot spot" would be whise to promote him.
2) Also Aric is to "hot blooded".
3) Elara for some unkown reason like to be burocrat so why not let her do what she likes and take this from my shoulders?
4) Happy wife happy life If You know what I'm saying.

B.R.
Leigabar

Sangrar
12.23.2012 , 09:08 PM | #39
I picked Jorgan. He has been in the squad longer than Dorne, has command experience, and is highly skilled in combat.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-60 Commando/Captain Starforce-60 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-60 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-38 Assassin/Master Teckan-55 Sage/Firefighter-29 Powertech/Nightprowler-14 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

LtBombshell
12.30.2012 , 12:16 PM | #40
Elara because she is my main healer. In hindsight, I probably should have done Jorgan. He deserves it.