Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked Warzones Community Ideas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
Ranked Warzones Community Ideas

SpaniardInfinity
12.30.2012 , 10:16 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Doesn't anyone else think it's kind of sad you need to PLAN ranked warzones in an MMO? This community sure is 'thriving'.
It is, but it's also not entirely the dev's fault. The game is what the players make it and as it stands, the majority prefer to play unranked and/or twink in lowbies. It remains to be seen in cross-serve queues will be added, I really hope it saves this game's competitive PvP.

ON TOPIC: I know it might not be the greatest idea and it may be tricky to set up, but we could do something of a "kickball" night. In other words we'll have a few captains that choose their teams. You can only have 3 players per guild at a maximum (and no, all of your alternate guilds count as one LD50, :P). I agree that teams that are trying to get better organized should be allowed to queue with their full team or close to it.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

Krayshawn
12.30.2012 , 10:32 AM | #12
Doesn't anyone else think it's kind of sad you need to PLAN ranked warzones in an MMO? This community sure is 'thriving'.
Way to change the topic of this thread... This thread is attemptiong to stitch together our server. Help New PvPers out, Make Rated Warzones a fun thing instead of a stressful thing, etc. At the moment Ranked matches are so few and far between because of this mentality that it brings along. I think A positive outcome for this thread will change that.
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

Krayshawn
12.30.2012 , 10:35 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaniardInfinity View Post
ON TOPIC: I know it might not be the greatest idea and it may be tricky to set up, but we could do something of a "kickball" night. In other words we'll have a few captains that choose their teams. You can only have 3 players per guild at a maximum (and no, all of your alternate guilds count as one LD50, :P). I agree that teams that are trying to get better organized should be allowed to queue with their full team or close to it.
I think this is a good suggestion, nights like this, if we had a custum channel that pvpers are talking in, would making planning go much faster.
The Krayshawn Legacy:

Xinika
12.30.2012 , 10:41 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayshawn View Post
Way to change the topic of this thread... This thread is attemptiong to stitch together our server. Help New PvPers out, Make Rated Warzones a fun thing instead of a stressful thing, etc. At the moment Ranked matches are so few and far between because of this mentality that it brings along. I think A positive outcome for this thread will change that.
Not to rain on your parade, or what not - but these threads and ideas have been around since the launch of ranked warzones. There's a reason why they seemingly never succeed in the longrun. The very working of ranked is unpolished and flawed.

It is, but it's also not entirely the dev's fault. The game is what the players make it and as it stands, the majority prefer to play unranked and/or twink in lowbies. It remains to be seen in cross-serve queues will be added, I really hope it saves this game's competitive PvP.
Honestly it's a 'fool's hope' if you think X-Server will save ranked. It's comparable to server merges. It will only be a temporal effect that sweeps the bigger problem under the carpet. You cannot blame the players if the interest is not there, then try to generate interest. You're basically trying to do the work of the makers. Do you see people setting up arena q's on WoW?

Not to derail the topic, but be realistic about the situation.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Krayshawn
12.30.2012 , 10:45 AM | #15
This is the last thing i say about it, will not coment further after this post: Player are what causes the Ranked Community to thrive. Your negative outlook on the situation promotes this failure.

On TOPIC: I really do think that have Custum Channels specificly geared towards bringing new player along for the ride, and communication about rosters and teams could help out the situation. I know my friends are down to help in this and are willing to bring people on to their mumble.
The Krayshawn Legacy:

SpaniardInfinity
12.30.2012 , 11:00 AM | #16
Honestly it's a 'fool's hope' if you think X-Server will save ranked. It's comparable to server merges. It will only be a temporal effect that sweeps the bigger problem under the carpet. You cannot blame the players if the interest is not there, then try to generate interest. You're basically trying to do the work of the makers. Do you see people setting up arena q's on WoW?
I guess I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic; I think it comes with the territory, I am a Mets fan after all.

But what's the harm in getting some more people interested in ranked? It's a band-aid to a problem Bioware shouldn't have created in the first place and needs to fix, but I hardly see why making a community in an MMO is a bad thing.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

nidalad
12.30.2012 , 11:09 AM | #17
I agree with Shin, wholeheartedly, nevertheless someone has to take action and if the devs won't then its up to us.
Moonrunner

Xinika
12.30.2012 , 11:46 AM | #18
I guess I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic; I think it comes with the territory, I am a Mets fan after all.
Fair enough!

Quote:
But what's the harm in getting some more people interested in ranked? It's a band-aid to a problem Bioware shouldn't have created in the first place and needs to fix, but I hardly see why making a community in an MMO is a bad thing.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think what you all are doing is a bad thing, perse. By all means, if you can assemble the community and actually get something going - go for it. All I was stating, was (I guess) the obvious.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

donthedondon
12.30.2012 , 11:49 AM | #19
Me and nebu'kanezar set up a channel on pubside similar to the one on imp side called pubpvp , whisper me or neb for an invite , we're gonna give one player from all the major guilds power to invite minus watchmen because they're professional trolls as you've seen shin'arika put on display in this thread but they are more then welcome to join if they can keep the troll'ing to a minimum. The point of this channel is to hopefully get this kickball ranked scene going , i have a mumble available as well. I agree it sucks to have to do this to get some ranked games going but a lot of players are feeling discouraged in pvp and this will hopefully make the pvp community stronger on this server.

Xinika
12.30.2012 , 11:51 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by donthedondon View Post
we're gonna give one player from all the major guilds power to invite minus watchmen because they're professional trolls as you've seen shin'arika put on display in this thread...
Where am I trolling? Please, show me. I'm waiting.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN