Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crash To Desktop

Feskitt
12.29.2012 , 01:07 PM | #21
Someone made an observation that may apply to those of us w/ the supposed "memory leak" CTD issue...

However many GB of RAM you have, that's how many hours you can play before crashing. The game slowly uses up 1 GB / hour of play. (this seems to speed up if you load a lot, for example, lots of PvP matches)

So I'm on XP. Only reads ~ 3GB of my RAM. I usually crash after around 3hrs. And I crash even more frequently if I load into/out of areas a lot.

Tracer Missile wasn't even close to a Merc's most powerful attack.
Suckwads spammed it, other suckwads lost to it.
Most apparently didn't even know they had an interrupt. Smart nerf, BW!

PlanetLove
12.30.2012 , 10:50 AM | #22
Quote:
I still crash and lag horribly since the release of F2P.
At first I thought it was maybe because the servers are so much fuller now with P2P, but I still crash when the servers are empty (middle of the night on a weekday for example)

Hambunctious
12.30.2012 , 11:55 AM | #23
I can't believe it's a few people. I doubt most of them ever come to the forums, and true f2p people can't post. I know everyone in guild ctds every couple of hours, except one, and he has 16gb ram, and he only lasts 4 hours before his ctd.

None of us had issues before 1.4. I might have crashed once before 1.4

I have to stay on my ship to run WZs to extend my play time. If I stay on the fleet, I won't even last an hour.

Lord_Karsk
12.30.2012 , 12:01 PM | #24
Same with me, got crashes every day after last 2 patches.

xorcist
12.30.2012 , 12:02 PM | #25
It happens for me the most right at the end of Essles or Black Talon. But it has randomly blinked away and I see my desktop. No warning. Game crashed, I have to reload.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Jetsunz
12.30.2012 , 12:52 PM | #26
I play five other mmo's,... and this is only one that dumps me to desktop. I didn't have this issue with swtor until recently,.....been playing this game since launch no issues at all, no crashes, no freezes nothing,......,..until after last few patches,..i get a crash to desktop with no warning after about an hour or two of play,..just every now and then,..just boom!..games dumps me

Ok,..I figure its a compatibility issue so i went to swtor desktop icon....r - lick and went to properties then compatibility.....clicked enable XP service pack 3.,...and have had no problems since

I use windows 7 64 bit and ATI vid card,....like i said I had no issues with this game before until just recently. Anyway, this xp service pack 3 seems to have fixed it.....until next patch lol

Kissakias
12.30.2012 , 01:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jetsunz View Post
I play five other mmo's,... and this is only one that dumps me to desktop. I didn't have this issue with swtor until recently,.....been playing this game since launch no issues at all, no crashes, no freezes nothing,......,..until after last few patches,..i get a crash to desktop with no warning after about an hour or two of play,..just every now and then,..just boom!..games dumps me

Ok,..I figure its a compatibility issue so i went to swtor desktop icon....r - lick and went to properties then compatibility.....clicked enable XP service pack 3.,...and have had no problems since

I use windows 7 64 bit and ATI vid card,....like i said I had no issues with this game before until just recently. Anyway, this xp service pack 3 seems to have fixed it.....until next patch lol
i run the game with win XP sp3, i have the same crashes as others no matter what
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!

shadowwhisp
12.30.2012 , 04:39 PM | #28
since 1.4 i am having 5 to 6 crashes a day as well. average is 1h 50m. i did a 7day study of my play time to see how many and how often i crash. in the 7 days i played 57hr. ( this was not 7 days in a row, i work 24hr shifts every 4th day). i had 31 crashes. 12 crashes were < 1 hr, 10 crashes < 2hr, 9 crashes > 2hr. longest was 3h 45m. (only time i went longer than 3 hr). the shortest was 13min, had one at 15min. but every day i crashed at about the 20min mark. i have 10 toons that i go through at the start of every day i play for crew skill stuff, every time when i get to the 9th toon i crash, thats about the 20 min mark. most crashes where during loading but i had crashes with opening stuff, clicking on stuff even running a couple of times. as i said all this has been since 1.4. before that i had 1 or 2 a week now 5 to 6 a day. this is my biggest complaint with the game. the many bugs i come across i can live with but the stability issues need to get fixed, however we all know that they will not fix them since "its our computers, not the game" that is causing the crashes. /rolls eyes

Goretzu
12.31.2012 , 05:09 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by PlanetLove View Post
At first I thought it was maybe because the servers are so much fuller now with P2P, but I still crash when the servers are empty (middle of the night on a weekday for example)
I'm not sure it's not both (was full server, but there is a crash issue too).
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Esno
12.31.2012 , 05:28 AM | #30
Been CTD randomly since 1.5 and worse since 1.6 yesterday alone had 5-6 CTD within a 4-5hr period at random points.

Had bad lag since 1.4 but new modem/router seems to have cleaned that up a little, but the CTD is so damn annoying as it has happened mid fights, during video sequences, browsing GTN, just driving to missions so no set points and worst part is when just finished long load sequence and it crashes and you lose your slot in FP or OP as pug wont wait for you to load back in.

Running a AMD quad core phenom 2.3GHz 4Gb ram Vista 32bit, 1gb ATI HD5450 video card (upgrading to Nvidia 2Gb GT610 next week) has run game virtually flawlessly for last 6-12months till this CTD crap started!!!
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent