Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] Why is artifice not getting the schems for the new crystals?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] Why is artifice not getting the schems for the new crystals?

Dawginole
12.20.2012 , 06:51 PM | #1
I thought the cartel market was going to compliment the game not usurp it?

I'm fine with it if they want to provide crystals, but the schems should be provided as well. Just make the mats needed rare and on timed spawns like they did with magenta and put the schems on the tougher world bosses or at a hug level of BH/RWZ comms.

It's just frustrating that article has been asking for new crystal schems for six months and we get nothing and the. The market comes out with tons of new crystals and no new schems as a double gut punch.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

TalkingDinosaur
12.20.2012 , 07:18 PM | #2
Probably will get schems when level cap increase comes. That way it'll be a good incentive for people to buy new crystals.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

hchsiao
12.20.2012 , 08:21 PM | #3
If i recall it correct, there is talk that dev is going to remove the stats on color crystal which is why + 41 is the max you will ever get at this point and they are just place holder.

Dawginole
12.20.2012 , 08:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by hchsiao View Post
If i recall it correct, there is talk that dev is going to remove the stats on color crystal which is why + 41 is the max you will ever get at this point and they are just place holder.
Yes, but even if the stats are removed (which totally gives artificers that grinded stuff like Nightmare Pilgrim for the power schem, or grinding wz comms for the wz crafting boxes to get cyan and purple expertise schems the shaft) there should still be schems for artificers. In that case instead of 3-4 schems per color they can do 1 schem for each color and still have rare schems that are hard to obtain with rare crafting mats that must be farmed on planets like magenta so that they will still retain higher credit values for the crafters.

The stats don't really negate the fact that there should be more crystal schems in the game and that there should be a corresponding schem for any crystal sold on the cartel market so that the market is not usurping in game mechanics like farming crystals from drops or crafting.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

finelinebob
12.20.2012 , 10:56 PM | #5
OP, you are making the assumption that BioWare cares about crafting in this game. They don't. Don't get your hopes up.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

Dawginole
12.20.2012 , 11:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by finelinebob View Post
OP, you are making the assumption that BioWare cares about crafting in this game. They don't. Don't get your hopes up.
Understatement of the last year. It's like they can't even be bothered with it or even be consistent. Artifice is still waiting on a piece of crit equipment for C2N2...
Soon.™*

Ayradyss
12.21.2012 , 07:17 AM | #7
Heck, they could put the schematics in the market too. Then they'll still be making at least some money on the crafters.

wainot-keel
12.21.2012 , 09:20 AM | #8
It could turn out like the whole new ship parts fiasco for cybertech.

Let's not get our hopes up. Cartel shop provides gear. Crafters provide gear. Any addition to either of those compete with the other. Which of those two has all the losing tickets ? There is no compromise.
The real question is how much they think they can neglect crafting in the game and how much they think crafting impacts on subs. That's it.

I doubt we will see much improvement in this area

Erikku
12.23.2012 , 02:23 PM | #9
Finding schematics in this game needs to be much more organized... period. A good example is power crystals. If I have archaeology and treasure hunting, why should I have to rely on another player or mule with investigation to find power crystal schematics? Are they "coveted" or something. My character relies on the power stat and that's the crystal I need... nuff said.

tldr: No player should have to jump through hoops to loot base stat crystal schematics. Rare colors/attributes fine, but not the basics.

Hezip
12.30.2012 , 06:38 AM | #10
Yeah i really want more crystal schems for Artifice too ;/ All i have noticed so far is that by the PvP Terminal on the fleet
there is a dude selling Hawkeye yellows
http://www.swtor.com/r/FTDq8k
- FREE 7 Day sub and Character Transfer
-All Current and New characters get Goods in Mail!
Have fun with your goodies