Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

With the new level cap coming, can we expect this class to finally be balanced?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
With the new level cap coming, can we expect this class to finally be balanced?

12.26.2012 , 07:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
PvP? oh well i dont' pvp so i could care less, lol.

PvE is not broken, i destroy everything just fine.
The world doesn't revolve around you my friend
<BOG> | <Concept>

12.27.2012 , 02:58 AM | #12
The skill trees will need significant overhaul, or all classes will need to benefit from 5 points of purely vertical growth, for Mercenary to be balanced at a 55 level cap.

There are very few extraneous points in the lower tiers that will provide significant improvement to any spec for Merc, whilst many of the already-stronger DPS classes (PT, Marauder, Sniper in particular) have very good options sitting and waiting for more talent points.

If they do something as silly as adding in new unique abilities from the class vendors and add 5 points to existing skill trees, Merc is going to be in very sorry shape (starting to fall behind in PVE, still awful in PVP).
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

12.30.2012 , 04:15 AM | #13
We were nerfed because people couldn't find the time to hit the interrupt button...we won't see an increase in class performance because a balanced ranged class put in the hands of a highly skilled player would cause tears to flow from the throng of jedi loving loonies that smash their faces on keyboards. Sadly the changes that need to be made to allow this class to compete in the rated bracket would make us seem OP in the moron bracket.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.