Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stealth Detection greater than standard agro range.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Stealth Detection greater than standard agro range.

Wiseavatar
01.05.2012 , 11:19 AM | #1
Can anyone explain this mechanic to me please.

Certain enemies have an ability that targets a stealthed player that is outside of normal unstealthed pull distance.

While I can appreciate that its to prevent stealth for some reason what is the mechanic exactly and are you ment to be able deploy your stealth required crowd control.

drollzito
01.05.2012 , 12:34 PM | #2
hahaha, I have no idea why... but ur right, it does happend...

Sykomyke
01.05.2012 , 02:43 PM | #3
My theory on this bug is that when they implemented stealth detection in the game, they made the "strength" factor of a mob's ability to see stealth directly proportional to the distance they can detect a player. Bosses, as such would most likely have some of the highest stealth detection around so that makes sense given the theory.

As for Ilum, this is possible, however unlikely that they intended many mobs there to be "stealth detectors". Voila, their stealth detection is essentially a second form of aggro range, and when they "see" you through stealth it aggros like it normally would.

That's my theory at least...

The only way to test this would be to test the range at which you are being detected, then try using Blackout to increase the level of your stealth and see if the "range" at which you are detected is reduced. If this proves to be true, then their stealth "strength" is directly proportional to the range at which they detect stealth, even if this range goes beyond their normal aggro range.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire

Amuntet
12.29.2012 , 08:46 PM | #4
Bumping because the issue isn't fixed yet.

Viyll
12.30.2012 , 06:36 AM | #5
It's been in game since before launch hence I would gather it is intended no matter how many necro-posts you make and it is far from game breaking for any stealth class.

jeniyagyu
12.30.2012 , 06:46 AM | #6
I have a 50 Shadow and a 29 Assassin, and I have NEVER had a stealth problem. Granted my Shadow is a tank, but I've done all FPs up to Cad. with my Assassin with NO detection problems. Could be the tree. Could be the way I'm doing it. IDK. I know that in T5 there are TWO spots you have to unstealth and also a spot or two in Maelstorm, other than that ... I have no problem putting out high dps on my assassin even when I don't go in steathing.

Also ... I've read all the threads so far about this ... One question: WHY DPS Operatives?! They are only great in pvp ... in pve they don't do so well. (Honestly, I don't mind them, but I've never heard of a raiding guild that runs with a DPS Operative ... I hope someone proves me wrong but I've only ever heard very very bad stuff about them.)

But I doubt Bioware will fix this ... Look at all the other stuff they haven't touched. Don't mind if they fix it, but please don't hold your breath.
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

malangus
12.30.2012 , 09:35 AM | #7
I think the stealth detection is intended, and a way to have the stealth based chars change mechanics, thus making certain encounters more entertaining.

For the pve based operatives, I always think the problem is not in the dps generation itself, but that they do not have a fast travel method to get behind target, thus wasting too much time by just (in combat speed) walking until getting behind target. In mobs like the robot in EV, that can easily be like 5 secs of ZERO DPS.

Like I said before they need a kind of teleport, or like some builds in TSW, a kind of jumping charge ASAP.

Genuine
12.30.2012 , 09:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Amuntet View Post
Bumping because the issue isn't fixed yet.
you expect them to fix it ? LMAO don't expect anything from bioware these days m8
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

Eyesmindassassin
01.09.2013 , 08:21 AM | #9
Incredibly obnoxious. I don't think a lot of people understand the issue, though. It's retarded that everyone in the Op group can skip the mob undetected without Stealth and then you're Stealthed and the mob sees you when you're further away from them than the rest of the Op that is unstealthed... how does that make any logical sense whatsoever? Yes, fix this. You nerfed DPS Operatives into the ground and they do the least DPS by far now as well as Sin DPS being one of the lowest DPS classes in the game too (bottom 3), least you can do is fix an obvious broken mechanic concerning Stealth for them.

Hovergame
01.09.2013 , 08:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Eyesmindassassin View Post
Incredibly obnoxious. I don't think a lot of people understand the issue, though. It's retarded that everyone in the Op group can skip the mob undetected without Stealth and then you're Stealthed and the mob sees you when you're further away from them than the rest of the Op that is unstealthed... how does that make any logical sense whatsoever? Yes, fix this. You nerfed DPS Operatives into the ground and they do the least DPS by far now as well as Sin DPS being one of the lowest DPS classes in the game too (bottom 3), least you can do is fix an obvious broken mechanic concerning Stealth for them.
From a RP point of view, this "issue" isn't really one and make sense. Some people could be able to sense to use of the Force further than their eyes are seeing.