Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Legacy System Feature] Mirror Class/Adv. Class Animaion/Ability Swapping

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
[Legacy System Feature] Mirror Class/Adv. Class Animaion/Ability Swapping

KillaDeuce
12.29.2012 , 01:16 AM | #1
First off,
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=208811

Second,
I spelled animation wrong in the title.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a suggestion to add in a more ways to customize your character. But not only how your character looks, but also on his animations and weapons in some instances. My idea is this.

The Basics
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There 8 classes in the game, 4 on each faction. 4 Republic, 4 Empire. Each of those 4 classes is a mirror counterpart of the other. Yes, there are slight differences. Those differences are what this Suggestion Thread is based on.

As follows:
Jedi Knight (JK) = Sith Warrior (SW)
Jedi Counsolr (JC) = Sith Inquisitor (SI)
Trooper (T) = Bounty Hunter (BH)
Smuggler (S) = Imperial Agent (IA)

The same can be said of each classes 2 Advanced Classes.

Example:
(T) Commando = Mercenary (BH)
(T) Vanguard = Powertech (BH)

These Mirror Advanced classes share the same main stats and styles in fighting. They could be flip-floped between the factions and it would still be balanced class wise.

There are slight differences between Classes/ Adv. Classes.

For example: The Vanguard using a rifle and has the ammo (energy system). The Powewrtech has a single blaster pistol and the Heat (energy system)

MY IDEA!
Let us unlock a feature which allows us choose which set differences (Animations, Abilities, etc.) we want on our Adv. Class.

It would be limited in certain ways:

1.)
Obviously your choice would be between your Advanced Classe's Set and the Mirror Adv. Class to your own.

If I was a (T)Vanguard I could choose to use the (BH)Powertechs animations, weapon choices and abilities. I would be a Trooper Vanguard that uses a single Blaster and my animations deal with my arm like the powertech. flamethrower and everything. As a Powertech I could choose to have a rifle and the Vanguard animations.

2.)

You DO NOT share the Armor looks of the Mirror Adv. Class. We don't want only Troopers running around reguardless of faction.

As a Bounty Hunter Mercenary you could still have a big cannon like the Trooper Commando. But you would still look like a Bounty Hunter. And a Trooper Commando could have dual blaster pistols like the Bounty Hunter Mercenary. But you would still look like a Republic Trooper.

3.)
It would be the entire set of the Adv. Class. You CAN NOT choose individual abilities etc. to swap. All or none.

4.)
Would require a certain Legacy Level. Not sure what level. I'm open to thoughts on this.

5.)
Not sure if this would be the best way. Just throwing it out there.[/I] Possibly have it tied to to Light / Dark sides.

If you were a Dark side Jedi Consular you could choose the Sith Inquisitor animations etc. Being a dark side jedi shooting electricity.

I did not think about this part of it as much. But it could work.

6.)
To keep the need of creating new characters (Alts.) there. A requirement to have a level 50 of each Mirror Adv. Class.
(Idea from -AboB)

Please leave a comment if you like the idea. Keep it on the first page.
Useful feedback is welcome.

KillaDeuce
12.29.2012 , 01:29 AM | #2
saved......
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbäl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

AboB
12.29.2012 , 01:43 AM | #3
This Legacy Idea seems to be based around the notion of circumventing the need to develop a legacy.... unless it's only for Legacy capped players? Not to say that it's a bad idea (it does sound kinda cool), but the whole idea behind legacy is to encourage rolling alts, and hence, segregating those animations accordingly. A great idea, but I have trouble imagining BW implementing this idea for the reasons I've outlined. I do kind of hope I am wrong here.

KillaDeuce
12.29.2012 , 02:34 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AboB View Post
This Legacy Idea seems to be based around the notion of circumventing the need to develop a legacy.... unless it's only for Legacy capped players? Not to say that it's a bad idea (it does sound kinda cool), but the whole idea behind legacy is to encourage rolling alts, and hence, segregating those animations accordingly. A great idea, but I have trouble imagining BW implementing this idea for the reasons I've outlined. I do kind of hope I am wrong here.
I see your point. What if you were ONLY able to unlock this feature if you had a level 50 of each Mirror Adv. Class.

edit:
I Added this in the OP above. #6

_biddan_
12.29.2012 , 11:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KillaDeuce View Post
I see your point. What if you were ONLY able to unlock this feature if you had a level 50 of each Mirror Adv. Class.
then i'd roll a vanguard just to have a blaster rifle using powertech.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

KillaDeuce
12.29.2012 , 12:14 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
then i'd roll a vanguard just to have a blaster rifle using powertech.
I see what you are saying. But you would look like a Trooper still, not a Bounty Hunter.

_biddan_
12.29.2012 , 03:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KillaDeuce View Post
I see what you are saying. But you would look like a Trooper still, not a Bounty Hunter.
you don't know what i mean,i say that i'd roll a vanguard to UNLOCK the animation for the powertech.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Wesodd
12.29.2012 , 04:14 PM | #8
Seems to be a good idea and not too hard to implement. Won't even change anything balancewise.

I like it.
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by errant_knight View Post
Even in a forum filled with lunacy, this thread rises to the top like poop floating on a polluted river.

SithVeritas
12.29.2012 , 04:55 PM | #9
I support this.

This will bring so much more into the game for RPers.

It's a great idea. Which is why it'll probably never get implemented lol

Kuronan
12.29.2012 , 06:20 PM | #10
I'd love to have this, although there could be problems with actually implementing different weapon permissions. Still, I'd love to have a Mercenary running around with a giant cannon on his back. My only change though, would be for specific animation swaps, or general ideal swaps, but not ENTIRE swaps. (Say for example, I want my Sorcerer to use Jedi Healing animations, but otherwise I want to run around zapping/draining my enemies.)

I would also like it, instead, to even TRANSCEND class in certain areas (IE: Operative can use Mind Trap, Bounty Hunter can use Electrocute, abilities that do pretty much the same thing should have swappable animations.)

i think if Bioware did this, I would never stop throwing money in their face, this would be the best thing they did since they actually released the game itself.

However, I don't think it should require active level 50 characters, because guess who can't have that? F2Pers and Preferred. So instead, how about when we unlock the Class Animation (/smuggler, /warrior, etc.) that we also unlock the ability to swap animations with that class.

Who knows, if this works out, we could even start talking about swapping Companions! (Yes, my Mercenary is looking at YOU, Elara.)
The Estimare Legacy
Silence to Evil is Compliance, Arguing and Fighting is Defiance, and I am as baneful an opponent as I am loyal a companion.
We, the roleplayers, need this.