Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vader vs Revan

mefit
12.29.2012 , 11:21 AM | #411
Quote: Originally Posted by khayyinx View Post
mefit, i agree with everything you posted. I think there is no way to say for sure that one character can kill the other. It all depends, as we see in ROTJ, A weak Vader killed the GOD Darth Sidious. In Phantom Menace, Darth Maul killed Qui-gon. I bet that everyone in this forum would say that quigon would "wipe the floor" with maul, but that didn't happened.

So about Revan vs Vader i think they are at the same power level, but i think Revan is smarter and brighter, which could give him some advantage, depending on the scenario.

All those Revan haters are biased and ignore all of Revan's achievements or consider them as ridiculous. Aurbere even said that Revan defeating Nyriss wasn't anything important, because she used all her force power in a single attack and all he did was redirect to her. Well, this IS a big deal, other jedi (exile, Scourge?) in his place would be burned in one second.

I also agree with the golden era jedi vs old republic jedi. George Lucas just want to make his creations the best, because logic says that a jedi living in a time of war and combat would be a better warrior.
My Brother InLaw loves the Starz show Spartacus, while alot of nonesense is in the show . It does bring to light a Reality forgotten , Trained Soldiers did not Equal combantants who had to fight for their lives . I really doubt training with Yoda equalled trying to survive.
Soldiers that have fought put up better fights than those who were just trained.
By these Revan threads you can clearly tell that alot of people never played Chess , Fought in competition , or was in any Military. A person like Revan would been 100x more respected than Golden Age Jedi.

And with all of Yoda's training , the Jedi order fell because years of peace did not breed Warriors ready for the fight Sidious was bringing to them !

Revan is from a time of Constant Battles , while he only seen a 2 Wars and a load of fights . He seen more action than any Golden Age Jedi . War Molded Revan to what he was and it could be argued without it , he might have been not the Warrior he was because of it !
The Jedi from the Old Republic were not just Trained , they were born into Wars and had to fight to stay alive and keep the Republic from Falling . It did not just come at some point in their lives , its was before and after !
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

-Clu-
12.30.2013 , 04:29 PM | #412
I have something to say to everyone here. (Clears throat)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far far away,

FORUM WARS

THE STUPID MENACE

EPISODE 1

It is a period of civil war. Chaos has engulfed the SWTOR forums. The fact that DARTH VADER is CLEARLY better than DARTH REVAN is in dispute. The evil mASTARdARI has started something that shall never end. Even though he believes that Darth Revan will obviously beat Vader no matter what, people continue to fight against this lie. (I mean really, why would you bloody ask a question you already know the answer to.) Anyway, mASTARdARI has not been heard of for some time, could he be plotting another (troll) plan or is he thinking of (an absolutely stupid) reply (that shows his immense incompetence to realize something.) Who knows, find out in FORUM WARS, Episode 2, Attack of the Vader Fans.

Copyright lololol
Forum Wars is not responsible for any of the following: Unhappiness, Anger, Rage, Trolling, Depression, Sadness, Pissing of oneself, ******** of oneself, Distress, Panic, More Trolling, Ignore lists and generally any negative side effect.

Aurbere
12.30.2013 , 04:30 PM | #413
Really? Did you have to do this?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

-Clu-
12.30.2013 , 04:34 PM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Really? Did you have to do this?
Yes.

Wolfninjajedi
12.30.2013 , 04:39 PM | #415
This didn't need to come back.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
12.30.2013 , 04:49 PM | #416
Quote: Originally Posted by -Clu- View Post
Yes.
Care to explain why?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

AlexDougherty
12.31.2013 , 04:51 AM | #417
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
This didn't need to come back.
Agreed, this is a stupid argument, as daft as the one between Sidious and Vitiate, it is clear to anyone with a passing understanding of the EU which one would win.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Beniboybling
12.31.2013 , 07:11 AM | #418
Quote: Originally Posted by -Clu- View Post
I have something to say to everyone here. (Clears throat)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far far away,

FORUM WARS

THE STUPID MENACE

EPISODE 1

It is a period of civil war. Chaos has engulfed the SWTOR forums. The fact that DARTH VADER is CLEARLY better than DARTH REVAN is in dispute. The evil mASTARdARI has started something that shall never end. Even though he believes that Darth Revan will obviously beat Vader no matter what, people continue to fight against this lie. (I mean really, why would you bloody ask a question you already know the answer to.) Anyway, mASTARdARI has not been heard of for some time, could he be plotting another (troll) plan or is he thinking of (an absolutely stupid) reply (that shows his immense incompetence to realize something.) Who knows, find out in FORUM WARS, Episode 2, Attack of the Vader Fans.

Copyright lololol
Forum Wars is not responsible for any of the following: Unhappiness, Anger, Rage, Trolling, Depression, Sadness, Pissing of oneself, ******** of oneself, Distress, Panic, More Trolling, Ignore lists and generally any negative side effect.
*IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT*

This episode has been cancelled due to lack of interest.

That is all.

bigray
01.03.2014 , 05:05 PM | #419
Quote: Originally Posted by adventurethis View Post
vader died to a single force lightning in the movie so revan>vader
vader was missing a hand and didn't have his saber to block the lightning attack. The emperor still would overwhelm him of course but don't take the way he died as a sign of weakness. he made the decision to die in order to save his son.

Vader in ANH-ROTJ era would wipe up anyone. Go read the Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader book to get an idea of his overwhelming power.

Kain_Turinbar
01.03.2014 , 05:15 PM | #420
I was under the impression that the Jedi/Sith were STRONGER in the Old Republic timeframe as well as the technology being more advanced? I swear I read that in a background for KOTOR; that the later gigantic wars between Republic and Sith set the Galaxy back.

Also in KOTOR 2 on Korriban Kreia mentions that the force users of old would make them look like children using toys.