Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why IMPS are so bad? (PvP)

Bronaimeth
12.28.2012 , 03:45 PM | #91
We played on 4 of our pretty ungeared imps this morning and didn't lose a single match. Don't think it's as bad as it's made out to be on imp side.

ace_boogie
12.28.2012 , 04:39 PM | #92
Try solo queuing for a few...
K'senža - Sage l Andressa - Sniper

DeeMoneyBig
12.28.2012 , 05:21 PM | #93
It's all about the time of day you pug. Imps seem better early in the morning and then late at night. Reps do well other than that.

I feel people's pain on solo queing imp side. I do it more often than not and it can be rough. I just started leaving WZs before they start if people don't have gear. At this point, you can't be competitive in recruit gear with WH being so easy to get.

Full WH is the new standard. Min/Maxed and EWH is for us try hards.

Scar - <Resurgum>
Tarquinas - Nomad

Bronaimeth
12.28.2012 , 06:18 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
Try solo queuing for a few...
I did in fact solo queue on Roflshot a few matches, ran into blunty and his crew and got stomped, but I didn't recognize a single player on my team, was fun dying so quickly.

ace_boogie
12.29.2012 , 04:19 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronaimeth View Post
I did in fact solo queue on Roflshot a few matches, ran into blunty and his crew and got stomped, but I didn't recognize a single player on my team, was fun dying so quickly.
So you're roflshot... Ran into you a few times.

Blunti is on another level. It's almost not fair how quickly he melts me even in full WH. He's worse than thecourier...
K'senža - Sage l Andressa - Sniper

Krozis
12.29.2012 , 09:28 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayshawn View Post
My whole guild, Cell Block, Rerolled Imps now that we have come back... so there =p
That's great Kray... really I mean that. But I guess I'm still talking largely to the people here who are from Canderous Ordo which still appears to be the majority of people in this thread, and hardcore PVPers in general.
̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\= Formerly from a big guild that is now hundreds of tiny guilds. =/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿
Krozis \ Vintego \ Vint

DarkLordKvl
12.29.2012 , 10:33 AM | #97
Here is my two cents: I lose more often than not with my Imperial toons, and I win more often than not with my Republic toons.

On the Imperial side, I've brought an Operative (Kuriza) and Sorcerer (Furiza) to 50, and on the Republic side, I'm currently leveling a Guardian (Coola), my 9 year old son is leveling a Gunslinger, and my 6 year old son is leveling a Commando. My sons win more often than not as well, and you can guess how unskilled they are. None of us are guildies, so we always solo queue.

Just another data point for the thread.

Garmose
12.29.2012 , 10:46 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkLordKvl View Post
Here is my two cents: I lose more often than not with my Imperial toons, and I win more often than not with my Republic toons.

On the Imperial side, I've brought an Operative (Kuriza) and Sorcerer (Furiza) to 50, and on the Republic side, I'm currently leveling a Guardian (Coola), my 9 year old son is leveling a Gunslinger, and my 6 year old son is leveling a Commando. My sons win more often than not as well, and you can guess how unskilled they are. None of us are guildies, so we always solo queue.

Just another data point for the thread.
Wait, you win more on lowbie pubs? My experience is lowbie pubs are worse than 50 imps. My lowbie imps almost never lose, but my lowbie pubs have about a 60% loss ratio.
Furbies will rule the world. Just wait.

Garmose member of HYDRA - 50 Madness Sorcerer on Jedi Covenant
Tyraeon member of Pillars of Ashla - 50 Protection Guardian on Jedi Covenant

nidalad
12.29.2012 , 11:00 AM | #99
I really see no difference, I win more than I loose on both factions with some games being good and others I think I'm playing with dogs chasing cars. I also solo queue allot so I'm not on staked teams all the time, pugs are improving on both sides. I think we need to remember that regs are not necessarily meant to be taken seriously, I for one like to **** around allot in them. Maybe if we had the population and bioware wasn't so impotent rated would work like it's supposed to and we could get our need for proper organized game play out with them.
Moonrunner

DarkLordKvl
12.29.2012 , 11:40 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Garmose View Post
Wait, you win more on lowbie pubs? My experience is lowbie pubs are worse than 50 imps. My lowbie imps almost never lose, but my lowbie pubs have about a 60% loss ratio.
Yeah, it seems that way. We will see what happens when my pub toon gets to 50; at that point, I'll have to account for the gear disparity when forming my opinion.

It is always hard to quantify unless you were to keep records, which almost nobody does. I still get ****** pub teams in sub-50 pug, but it just seems like it is less often than on the imp side, and that generally translates to more wins for pubs. If I had to put numbers to it, it might be like pubs win 55 to 60 percent of the time, imps win 40 to 45 percent of the time.
Furiza - Sorcerer
Kuriza - Operative