Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

P-Chan
12.28.2012 , 07:20 PM | #1961
Can we change the name of this thread to "The Things Bioware needs to Implement to make PvP Fun for all involved"? Seriously. For those of you wanting Separate queues... Stop... This is stupid. I am a "casual" player, and I have recently stopped PvPing because its just NOT fun anymore. Not with the Imbalances... However, why do you want to punish the people who ARE good at PvP, Have the Time to be good, and WANT to do it? That doesn't make sense. What this game needs to do is:

1) Implement some kind of Item Level for all gear (PvP AND PvE) (This can be used to better match players in PvP because matchmaking through Valor would be ridiculous.)
2) Fix the CC/Resolve system. Getting repeatedly stunlocked to death just ISNT fun.
3) Introduce an ACTUAL Matchmaking System. (The longer you wait, to more outside your "bracket" you go to find a match)
4) Make rewards for RWZs worth running them...
5) If they get lost, look at GW2 and WoW for help (not copy... for the love of GOD not copy)... These systems right now aren't doing that bad. It may help you out in the long run.
6) Do not... I repeat... DO NOT separate queues. This will swing the problem the other way, And there will still be ways around the "Not Grouping" system.
7) Implement Cross Server Queues. Seriously... Why Bioware doesn't want to do this is beyond me. I dont see how it would hurt the "community" to do it. But it would help the issues out alot (and we might actually see a start to the season!)
8) In the matchmaking, try to make it so groups go against groups FIRST, and after time, start going against PUGs. In this way Bioware could actually let a full 8 man team into Regular WZs, just make them a Priority to fight other 8 Mans first...

Like I said. Im not a premader. I believe I should have the choice to solo-queue and not be punished for it. But we shouldn't punish the guys who want to run Premades any more then us solo queue guys should be punished for how we play...

Lets hear how this is Unreasonable. I know someone will say it is >.>

SWEtree
12.29.2012 , 07:44 AM | #1962
I dont like getting roflstomped by premades but thats a part of the game. Players in pugs (im one of them) usually try to have fun and do some solo farming in the WZs. Some are selfish and others have just given up trying to have some teamwork. But this is the way pvp works. If you want better progress you need a premade. Common "PvP sense"
I have ragequited several times after a extremly bad WZ (sometimes pugs work really good together though).
I played Warhammer Age Of Reconning and THATS alot worse when it comes to premades (gear = 95% and skill=5%)
Dunno if my post make any sense but the point is: Get a premade or keep on getting farmed (sometimes)

In other words: I agree with Chan 100%
Yes my main is a commando. Stop Laughing

Z-ToXiN
12.30.2012 , 06:33 AM | #1963
At first, I dismissed this thread as unworthy of attention. Then, I was going to type up a long and eloquent response to the idea that Premades are ruining normal WZs.

But since a picture is worth a thousand words, my thoughts on the original point of this thread shall be expressed in a visual manner:
http://i.imgur.com/UnFnF.gif
ADRAAJ SHI'KARI ARRIAN
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // #GearRequirementForSolos

TonyDragonflame
12.30.2012 , 06:51 AM | #1964
Quote: Originally Posted by Z-ToXiN View Post
But since a picture is worth a thousand words, my thoughts on the original point of this thread shall be expressed in a visual manner:
http://i.imgur.com/UnFnF.gif
Yes, pretty much "pure" PvP servers deserted and closed since game launch cuz problem of this OP.
Referral link!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 94 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 91 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Sydexlic
12.30.2012 , 07:00 AM | #1965
Get better at PvP, make some friends (forever alone) and queue with them. This is how you counter premade teams.

sauerkraut
12.30.2012 , 07:29 AM | #1966
Quote: Originally Posted by P-Chan View Post
Can we change the name of this thread to "The Things Bioware needs to Implement to make PvP Fun for all involved"? Seriously. For those of you wanting Separate queues... Stop... This is stupid. I am a "casual" player, and I have recently stopped PvPing because its just NOT fun anymore. Not with the Imbalances... However, why do you want to punish the people who ARE good at PvP, Have the Time to be good, and WANT to do it? That doesn't make sense. What this game needs to do is:

1) Implement some kind of Item Level for all gear (PvP AND PvE) (This can be used to better match players in PvP because matchmaking through Valor would be ridiculous.)
2) Fix the CC/Resolve system. Getting repeatedly stunlocked to death just ISNT fun.
3) Introduce an ACTUAL Matchmaking System. (The longer you wait, to more outside your "bracket" you go to find a match)
4) Make rewards for RWZs worth running them...
5) If they get lost, look at GW2 and WoW for help (not copy... for the love of GOD not copy)... These systems right now aren't doing that bad. It may help you out in the long run.
6) Do not... I repeat... DO NOT separate queues. This will swing the problem the other way, And there will still be ways around the "Not Grouping" system.
7) Implement Cross Server Queues. Seriously... Why Bioware doesn't want to do this is beyond me. I dont see how it would hurt the "community" to do it. But it would help the issues out alot (and we might actually see a start to the season!)
8) In the matchmaking, try to make it so groups go against groups FIRST, and after time, start going against PUGs. In this way Bioware could actually let a full 8 man team into Regular WZs, just make them a Priority to fight other 8 Mans first...

Like I said. Im not a premader. I believe I should have the choice to solo-queue and not be punished for it. But we shouldn't punish the guys who want to run Premades any more then us solo queue guys should be punished for how we play...

Lets hear how this is Unreasonable. I know someone will say it is >.>
So let me get this strate. Premades who only wanna play against PUGs should be revarded for their cowardness, PUGs should not have the right to decide if they wanna play against Premades. Brilliant Dude just brilliant.

Arkerus
12.30.2012 , 09:30 AM | #1967
People who are only queuing up for their daily or FTP folks who only want to try it out are consistently running into premades. It's fun for the premade to stomp on players with 14k HP but its going to hurt PvP in the long run.

Not everyone wants to spam fleet chat for a premade group. Some people want to jump in and play. There is nothing wrong with that. Saying "make a group because its an MMO" is ridiculous. As if grouping is a forced mechanic to even trying PvP. Want to kill your MMO? Force grouping on people. You will lose the entire base of players who want to get in, have some fun, and go do something else.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Skyhigh
12.30.2012 , 09:49 AM | #1968
TLDR; Moral of the story. Stop whining. Get geared(correctly to your profession/skill tree) Stop running off to take a node like Luke Skyturd and support your team. Learn how to CC/taunt effectively and learn your priority targets(sorry healers) Also, I've seen genius' that seem to think if they got more damage than me that they are better or won the game. Um. No you sir/madam are incorrect. This is a team game and if you are off fighting at a node solo getting facerolled over and over you did not help the team. hmmm.....what else can I ramble about. OH! The dude like last night that say's "It's hopeless! they have healers and we don't!" in Navarre Coast and my team actually won no thanks to polly prissy pants. In short, Get your heads out of your butts and help the team. Because no matter who you are. You are not that good. If you are ************ that you aren't getting heals, look around you. No one else is either. ROLL A HEALER or ****. /end /happynewyear

Skyhigh
12.30.2012 , 09:51 AM | #1969
for christs sake you can hack the ***** out of the game but god forbid if I type G t F o......

P-Chan
12.30.2012 , 10:04 AM | #1970
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
So let me get this strate. Premades who only wanna play against PUGs should be revarded for their cowardness, PUGs should not have the right to decide if they wanna play against Premades. Brilliant Dude just brilliant.
Did you not read ANY of what I posted? I want better rewards for RWZs so the premades have an actual incentive to go and play that. And with how many premades are being ran now in Regulars, the matchmaking system I purposed PUGS wouldnt fight premades, as the Matchmaking would pit a Group vs a Group first, and High gear vs high gear. in this way players in Recruit gear would be very unlikely to face one of these PUGstomping premades and get completely discouraged before even truly getting out of the gate.

Making a premade, however, IS a legitimate aspect of the game. You shouldn't be punished for playing in any style you want to play with. Solo queue OR premade should have their niche. And this would help ensure that queues would remain short, games would be more balanced, and players would have more fun. Thus increasing the value of PvP play, and hopefully bringing players back into the fold.

But I knew someone would find what I put unreasonable... How about putting up YOUR idea of what would be fair and reasonable... key on FAIR and reasonable. Hurting one side for the sake of the other is not fair, nor is it reasonable. So lets hear your idea.