Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

underworld metals

jzstyles
12.27.2011 , 10:34 PM | #1
i was wondering what i could use these for i currently have armsmech but im still low lvl and dont have any gear i can make out of the stuff. i wanted to know whether they will be usefull later on or if theyre something i should just sell.

Pentarum
12.27.2011 , 10:35 PM | #2
Synthweaving uses them.

jzstyles
12.27.2011 , 10:37 PM | #3
dang i thought since metal they would be used with armstech... which mission skill will get me items for armstech?

PlayTank
12.27.2011 , 11:24 PM | #4
The metals from underworld trading can be used for your blue and purple recipes which you get by reverse engineering the green items you make, so yes they're very useful
Ŗůļę №¹: Never pass up a Ēredit. Ŗůļę №²: Never forget rule №¹

Riggler
12.27.2011 , 11:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by jzstyles View Post
dang i thought since metal they would be used with armstech... which mission skill will get me items for armstech?
You will need Investigation in order to get the rare ingredients required for the blue/purple Armstech recipes that you sometimes get from a reverse engineer of a green-crafted weapon...either that or you can keep Underworld Trading and sell the resources you get on the GTN and buy the Investigation resources you need from the GTN...

Malikius
12.26.2012 , 12:30 PM | #6
And what sector and/or planet is the Underworld on? I have been trying to find anything that explains these professions in more user friendly details. These forums aren't very user friendly when it comes to finding stuff, like other forums. But, I am new to the Star Wars universe, over STO.

The_Duck
12.26.2012 , 01:54 PM | #7
the in-game Codex explains what crafting mission skills go with what profession.
open the codex and click "crafting" and then whatever profession or mission ability you want info on
- The Duck

Thundergulch
12.26.2012 , 02:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Malikius View Post
And what sector and/or planet is the Underworld on?
Dantooine.

finelinebob
12.26.2012 , 11:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Dantooine.
Clever. Site of a future base of a yet-to-exist Rebellion that will be abandoned even further in the future before the Sith, who completely lose their empire but cut their numbers to only two at any one time and in doing so allow themselves to work behind the scenes to eventually topple a 20,000+ year old Republic and turn it into their renewed Empire thus spawning the Rebellion that will build the future base that will be abandoned even further in the future, can find it.

Just the sort of place an Underworld needs.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

MilesTeg_cy
12.29.2012 , 04:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jzstyles View Post
i was wondering what i could use these for i currently have armsmech but im still low lvl and dont have any gear i can make out of the stuff. i wanted to know whether they will be usefull later on or if theyre something i should just sell.
Just cross reference the colors in this. You'll see what gathering skill is good with armstech and others.
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert