Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rotations for a Mercenary (Bounty Hunter)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Mercenary
Rotations for a Mercenary (Bounty Hunter)

Bouncy_Hunter
12.28.2012 , 01:53 AM | #11
I personally think It's better to open with:

Unload
TM x3
RS
HSM

it's nice to use Unload first because TM has the chance to proc Barrage which means you can unload again, and it's like the highest damage attack we have I believe. You should always use Unload when barrage procs, and rail shot only when you have tracer lock x5 and HSM at 5 heat signatures. If you have thermal sensor override it's also nice to use that with Fusion missile, it's a strong DoT and TSO makes it free.

Slicksteezin
12.28.2012 , 03:55 AM | #12
There's a bunch of variation of rotations you can do, as posted above but i think you would be gimping yourself if you don't open with unload (regardless of proc). Unload is by far our most consistant highest damage-output ability, you will notice it more as you get high end tier gear. And when you open with it, by the time it's finished the heat is practically warn off so you realy can't go wrong.

Bouncy_Hunter
12.29.2012 , 01:01 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicksteezin View Post
There's a bunch of variation of rotations you can do, as posted above but i think you would be gimping yourself if you don't open with unload (regardless of proc). Unload is by far our most consistant highest damage-output ability, you will notice it more as you get high end tier gear. And when you open with it, by the time it's finished the heat is practically warn off so you realy can't go wrong.
Yes I completely agree, should always start with Unload. I mentioned the proc as a bonus haha

Flintfire
01.18.2013 , 03:00 PM | #14
This takes advantage of the unload buff.

Unload: damage, slow enemies if they are approaching
Tracer Missile x3: good damage, and you want to fight with maximum tracer lock for less enemy armor and more rail shots
HSM: Only use if it has full tracer lock, it gets 25% more damage. Add that to armor penetration= hard hitter
Rail Shot: Made vulnerable from tracer lock, hard hitting attack, this and hsm can be used when moving, use this to your advantage to escape close up enemies.
Unload: Should be ready from using tracer missile three times, if not, throw in another tracer or power shot. Damage significantly greater from the armor reduction than first usage.

Light armored foes and already damaged medium armored foes should be either dispatched or seriously injured from this rotation. As a finisher attack , dont use attacks that need a warm up ,this allows for heals or evasion through other means, instant attacks are great. Here are excellent finisher attacks for close up and escaping enemies with low health.

Rocket Punch
Rail Shot
HSM
Missile Blast
Rapid Shots(weak, so only use if very low health, but invaluable if you have high heat)
Infyrno Lvl 55 Infyrnus Lvl 54
Leiptr Lvl 55 Venaticus Lvl 44
Krrayt Lvl 55 Evisceran Lvl 55
Sleipe Lvl 55

TimeBeast
01.18.2013 , 06:02 PM | #15
If you're running with the arsenal spec in pvp you should firstly get the pve set bonus, this is an armoury that you should aim for, and that's quiet easy to get since it's mostly war hero which is cheap and tionese which is free: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...d-1655e756eade

PVP Single target:
Unload
TM
TM
TM(If you have time, might not always be the case)
Rail shot(Since you have the 4-pc pve set bonus it will be free and give you a bit of heat back)
HSM
Unload

PVP AOE:
Explosive dart
Power surge
Thermal Sensor Override
Fusion missle
Death from above.
Larsson
Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU 16 55's
MVPs
Seele's Mom

LeatherneckJedi
01.25.2013 , 09:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Bouncy_Hunter View Post
I personally think It's better to open with:

Unload
TM x3
RS
HSM

it's nice to use Unload first because TM has the chance to proc Barrage which means you can unload again, and it's like the highest damage attack we have I believe. You should always use Unload when barrage procs, and rail shot only when you have tracer lock x5 and HSM at 5 heat signatures. If you have thermal sensor override it's also nice to use that with Fusion missile, it's a strong DoT and TSO makes it free.
Mostly this. Unload first so you can proc from TM. I usually pop HSM after 2 TM because you need to get it off before the target moves, leaves LOS or before you get stunned/killed/etc. If you can get it off after a 3rd even better. Exp Dart and fusion missile together are good for a quick burst when others are on CD. Exp dart RS HSM and Missile blast are good to use when you have to run. Most definitely though, you want to build stacks for RS and HSM.