Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So you're the top Player, can you beat the top Sorc?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So you're the top Player, can you beat the top Sorc?

Boops
12.27.2012 , 06:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
Winning solo has nothing to do with winning a WZs, because winning a WZs is about team work and synergy between different classes. If WZs are measured by how effective you can win solo everyone will roll a sin/shadwo!

Also, in small battle situations (2v2, 3v3, 4v4) sorceress has strong impact (specifically lighting/corruption hybrid) as bubble becomes much more effective.
I'd like to agree, but if you have 2 smash spec vs a smash /sorc, they just rape the sorc instantly. two 7.5k hits with 4k(non crit) follow up, each = 23k, in less than 2.5 seconds.

Sorcs are nothing more than fun to play. They get raped.

Jherad
12.27.2012 , 06:45 PM | #12
That's not a problem with sorcs, that's a problem with smashtards.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

vimm
12.27.2012 , 07:06 PM | #13
Sorcerer is great. I hate to say it, but learn to play. Or you know, try thinking.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

eavn
12.27.2012 , 07:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Boops View Post
I'd like to agree, but if you have 2 smash spec vs a smash /sorc, they just rape the sorc instantly. two 7.5k hits with 4k(non crit) follow up, each = 23k, in less than 2.5 seconds.

Sorcs are nothing more than fun to play. They get raped.
first, thats a 2v1 situation, two, get a tank with guard

AdmiralParmesan
12.28.2012 , 03:12 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
And what has a duel to do with the warzone OBJECTIVE?
Are you suggesting we should balance PVP around 1vs1 combat?

I play a DPS Sorc and DPS Sage and I can kill any sniper in a duel (and I play a 50 sniper as well).
If you don't know how, learn your class. Tell me, which class is vulerable to a DPS merc/commando?

These sorc/sages just whine because they cannot go toe-to-toe with the lolsmashers and PTs.

The class was never meant to do that, but they have plenty of utility to contribute to the team.
For crying out loud, Huttball was made for Sorc/Sages!

Nevermind the F2P'ers who think otherwise - SWTOR WARZONES ARE NOT DEATHMATCHES!

DPS Merc/Commando is a whole different story!
Mediocre damage AND lack of utility makes their complaints much more credible.
Obviously you don't play against any good snipers, there is no reason a sorc should ever win 1v1 against a sniper without LOS. Snipers are immune to interrupt, can use entrench to make themselves immune to cc and have superior CC options to the sorc. Sorcs can't go toe to toe with any class other than mercs and otehr sorcs. Mind you sniper is easy to be while utilizing LOS, but without it Sorc/Sage survivability just isn't enough to fight the sniper.

If you loose to any sorc as a sniper and the sorc didn't abuse LOS then you are bad.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Totaltrash
12.28.2012 , 04:30 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
Obviously you don't play against any good snipers, there is no reason a sorc should ever win 1v1 against a sniper without LOS. Snipers are immune to interrupt, can use entrench to make themselves immune to cc and have superior CC options to the sorc. Sorcs can't go toe to toe with any class other than mercs and otehr sorcs. Mind you sniper is easy to be while utilizing LOS, but without it Sorc/Sage survivability just isn't enough to fight the sniper.

If you loose to any sorc as a sniper and the sorc didn't abuse LOS then you are bad.
Not only do I play against good snipers, I play a good sniper myself.

Just one question for you - which warzone does not have LoS restrictions?

The only time a sorc/sage should lose is if the duel is in a place without LoS limitations.
Why a sorc/sage would agree to such duel is beyond me, but none of that has anything to do with class balance in warzones.

fungihoujo
12.28.2012 , 06:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by eavn View Post
that's like saying the top pt/mara on your server can beat the top commando/merc on your server, the question is self answering

we all know sorc dps sucks, stop making threads about it.
BW doesn't- or they'd have done something about it in the past 8 months.

Edonidd
12.28.2012 , 06:54 PM | #18
On my Sniper I hVe never ever come close to losing to a Sorcerer, and I honestly don't know how you could. A corruption Sorc isn't going to kill anything, ever. A lightning Sorc that is allowed to cast while you have an interrupt and a flashbang means you deserve to lose, but even then, going toe to toe with any sniper spec and the Sorc is behind damage wise. The only way I could see a Sorc having any advantage is a Madness Sorc trying to DOT up a Marksman Sniper. Lethality DOT's far outperform Madness DOT's so that can't be what you're talking about, and Engineering isn't far behind, will actually pull ahead if the Sorc turrets to channel Force Lightning at all. And if he doesn't do that, he won't get any wrath procs, and engineering sniper will actually be.pretty equal DOT wise to that.

So the only way a Sorcerer can beat a Sniper, is if he specs madness, the Sniper specs MM, the sorc manages to fully DOT the Sniper, and run for cover to heal. Then do it again. Then run LOS and heal again. And again. A full affliction does just over 2k dmg. Full creeping Terror does about the same. Full CRushing Darkness does I believe another 3k. Add in.a force.lightning or two each round, and a deathfield. The Sniper might die the second time you hide to heal, but it will be close. Tell me when killing somebody solo over a matter of 30-40+ seconds is useful in objective based PVP? Sure not useful in huttball. If there is a solo defender on one node, and he doesn't call for help at all, and nobody randomly goes to check on that node, is the only time it would be useful, and if the team is that bad, it won't matter anyways.

I said in another thread, if my Sniper gets jumped by two people 2 vs 1, I have a very good chance of killing one of them. If my Sorc gets jumped by 2 people, I have a very good chance of doing less than 25% damage to one of them.

Smashbrother
12.28.2012 , 07:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
On my Sniper I hVe never ever come close to losing to a Sorcerer, and I honestly don't know how you could. A corruption Sorc isn't going to kill anything, ever. A lightning Sorc that is allowed to cast while you have an interrupt and a flashbang means you deserve to lose, but even then, going toe to toe with any sniper spec and the Sorc is behind damage wise. The only way I could see a Sorc having any advantage is a Madness Sorc trying to DOT up a Marksman Sniper. Lethality DOT's far outperform Madness DOT's so that can't be what you're talking about, and Engineering isn't far behind, will actually pull ahead if the Sorc turrets to channel Force Lightning at all. And if he doesn't do that, he won't get any wrath procs, and engineering sniper will actually be.pretty equal DOT wise to that.

So the only way a Sorcerer can beat a Sniper, is if he specs madness, the Sniper specs MM, the sorc manages to fully DOT the Sniper, and run for cover to heal. Then do it again. Then run LOS and heal again. And again. A full affliction does just over 2k dmg. Full creeping Terror does about the same. Full CRushing Darkness does I believe another 3k. Add in.a force.lightning or two each round, and a deathfield. The Sniper might die the second time you hide to heal, but it will be close. Tell me when killing somebody solo over a matter of 30-40+ seconds is useful in objective based PVP? Sure not useful in huttball. If there is a solo defender on one node, and he doesn't call for help at all, and nobody randomly goes to check on that node, is the only time it would be useful, and if the team is that bad, it won't matter anyways.

I said in another thread, if my Sniper gets jumped by two people 2 vs 1, I have a very good chance of killing one of them. If my Sorc gets jumped by 2 people, I have a very good chance of doing less than 25% damage to one of them.
Problem is sage can heal your dots, while you can't heal his dots.

A balance sage abusing the **** out of LoS will be a sniper every time.

Xertasian
12.28.2012 , 08:10 PM | #20
i play a sage on bastion..from my experience i lost fights and i won some solo..alot of people dont understand the concept to sorc /sages..this is one class thats not friendly to people who backpeddles, keyclick and keyturn..espcially against a skill melee player..

i will fight anybody or class alone..lot of fights i do lose its very close..sages/sorcs you must use strategy with the class..we are not like juggs or maras where any idiot can herp derp smash and hit big..this is techiniques and skills the player must find on there own..

lot of sorc/sages wont fight certain classes they will run away..only way you get better at your class is learning how the other classes works in terms of fighting you..to win the fight you have to lose a few times..to sum it up sorcs/sages dont have the burst to win a battle..they do have the tools to win a war it depends on how you play the toon..

lastly since i play a sage i fought many sorcs on bastion server..in terms of skill and play..best sorc atm is Best World..the dude have game with the sorc and i seen him beat melee classes from sents to juggs in 1 vs 1 duels in outlaw den.
Back streaming again http://twitch.tv/Xertasian