Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Edzew
12.28.2012 , 04:05 PM | #541
Quote: Originally Posted by Fadomas View Post
You are confused, because you can get up to level 50 for free, doesnt make the game entirely FTP... unless you like to level up alts all the time, which is not what mmo players really looking for.
FTP is there to make you subscribe or buy cartel items.
you can buy all the stuff you are missing by being FTP in the cartel shop, in that since its just like any other FTPMMO except you cant buy gear that is more powerful than what you can loot. and like i said above this is a free to play mmo with the option to subscribe to get the extras "for free"

but i am confused by what you ment about that you can level up to 50 for free but it dont make the game entirely FTP... also the bit about liking to level up alts all the time... i think im missing your point there kuz most people i know that play mmos have tuns of alt on multiple servers that they like to level up..

VonFoxFire
12.28.2012 , 05:12 PM | #542
What I don't like is Bioware is like hey we got this new exciting content planned and we're even going to give it to you for half price if you pre order but we can't show you or tell you anything about it. Seriously?!
Bioware I would like to sell you a car it's the most awesome car ever for $30000 dollars. Which is half of what I should charge for it but I'm afraid you can't test it out or look at it before you bought it but you can trust me right I said it was the most awesome car ever that should be good enough to go on don't you agree?
Through fear we have conformity , through conformity we have civilization , through civilization we have culture , and through culture we give life meaning.

canuckly
12.28.2012 , 05:28 PM | #543
wow i can believe all the butt hurt people over this expansion its very simple they gave us a basic outline on what to expect more levels more abilities new planet comparable to taris hoth or tatoonie they gave subscribers til jan 7 to save 10 dollars didn't have to do this they could of easily charged everyone 20 dollars so be thankful for that because for 10 dollars even if it ends up being a dlc type addition which is what they should of called it this new addition will probably provide more content then most dlc/expansion at the 10 dollar - 20 dollar price range and again very simple you don't know what else could be included so if you dont feel like blindly paying 10 dollars for the info they gave you then wait for more spend the 20 dollars or dont i really dont care just get over the whole entitlement of how they should tell us everything

DaRoamer
12.28.2012 , 05:32 PM | #544
Quote: Originally Posted by Edzew View Post
you can buy all the stuff you are missing by being FTP in the cartel shop, in that since its just like any other FTPMMO except you cant buy gear that is more powerful than what you can loot. and like i said above this is a free to play mmo with the option to subscribe to get the extras "for free"

but i am confused by what you ment about that you can level up to 50 for free but it dont make the game entirely FTP... also the bit about liking to level up alts all the time... i think im missing your point there kuz most people i know that play mmos have tuns of alt on multiple servers that they like to level up..
Then it's not FREE is it?

bahdasz
12.28.2012 , 05:32 PM | #545
Quote: Originally Posted by Edzew View Post
well with Obiwan we got a huge planet FALSE
with tuns of quests I would not call TOW "tons of quests" by any stretch of the imaginationand places to explore Nor this
and we got new mounts and speeders...1 new speeder that you had to quest for unless you pre-ordered, and 1 mount that was slower than all the others with 1 other that needed to be bio-engineered
dont think we got any new armor but i cant be surecrap armor that had to be created in the cube with loot from bosses and 2 loot robes that were obsolete within 6 months of the update.
but i do think we got new guns and weapons loot drop weapons were substandard, created ones were also substandard for 2 years until weapon crafting was revamped
along with a bunch of stuff for crafters to make along with new materialsthe cube was NOT crafting,
we also got a new slot for an extra toon.No you did not, you got that 6 months later when SOE was trying to save the game after NGE almost killed it
before that we got a new planet that even though it was smaller than the other planets we had it was bigger than any one we have now, plus more mounts, new armor, a new race... err wait when did we get the Ithorians?? that was Kashyyk right??While better than TOR, still not the most ground-breaking expansion ever, and only seemed big because it was SWG's first experimentation with instanced zones
before that we got SPACE!!! tuns and tuns of space!!!!
!! Here I have no argument, not only space (including all the crafting to go with it) but the DWB, 3 species and lots of other stuff
and i could be wrong but all those expansions were only 30 bucks They all cost $30+ each, and the only one that had more to offer than one planet was JTL, and yet you happily paid that for all of them????
you can say that TOR's expansion is good enough for 10 bucks but remember that's only for subs the real price is 20, so let me ask you this would you pay $20 for an expansion that only gave you one planet (thats not really all that big in comparison to other games) 5 extra levels and a couple of extra things for end game play?? to me that sounds like a $10 dlc and thats for the non subbers. now if the new race was a part of the expansion then yea i can see maybe $20 bucks but that is still pushing it!!!But, you're a subscriber so it will only cost you $10 so your argument really isn't all that valid. And when you were paying $30 each for ROTW and TOW you were also paying $15 a month just to play SWG

Let us please try to keep it real, thank you

VonFoxFire
12.28.2012 , 05:44 PM | #546
Quote: Originally Posted by canuckly View Post
or dont i really dont care just get over the whole entitlement of how they should tell us everything
So you're not entitled to know what you're buying? I wonder what utopia dictatorship you live under that makes you so trusting. Is it really to much to ask for a few pictures or possibly a video to see what they're offering?
Through fear we have conformity , through conformity we have civilization , through civilization we have culture , and through culture we give life meaning.

canuckly
12.28.2012 , 05:50 PM | #547
Continue your Star Wars™ saga with a new level cap of 55.
Experience new epic story content with fully-voiced cinematic conversations.
New Planet: Makeb - Explore a vibrant alien landscape.

more than enough info for me to pre order something for 10 dollars that will be 20 dollars for everyone else that is a complete idiot that sits and waits because they want every little detail they can't figure out things for themselves

like for example with what we know im sure they will add more gear more ops more world bosses more flash points is it really that hard to grasp even though they don't tell you everything by now people should have some idea what this would include and draw up their own conclusions and if they can't then wait either spend the 20 dollars when we know exactly what it will include then by that time everyone will comeback here saying i should of only had to pay 10 dollars because i was idiot and wanted to know every single detail about the expansion

Darth-Rammstein
12.28.2012 , 06:13 PM | #548
Quote: Originally Posted by VonFoxFire View Post
So you're not entitled to know what you're buying? I wonder what utopia dictatorship you live under that makes you so trusting. Is it really to much to ask for a few pictures or possibly a video to see what they're offering?
I'm sure they'll give us plenty of details about Makeb....long after the deadline for pre order bonus is gone.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

VonFoxFire
12.28.2012 , 06:17 PM | #549
Quote: Originally Posted by canuckly View Post
Continue your Star Wars™ saga with a new level cap of 55.
Experience new epic story content with fully-voiced cinematic conversations.
New Planet: Makeb - Explore a vibrant alien landscape.

more than enough info for me to pre order something for 10 dollars that will be 20 dollars for everyone else that is a complete idiot that sits and waits because they want every little detail they can't figure out things for themselves

like for example with what we know im sure they will add more gear more ops more world bosses more flash points is it really that hard to grasp even though they don't tell you everything by now people should have some idea what this would include and draw up their own conclusions and if they can't then wait either spend the 20 dollars when we know exactly what it will include then by that time everyone will comeback here saying i should of only had to pay 10 dollars because i was idiot and wanted to know every single detail about the expansion
Or it could just be another grind with rehashed gear and one extra ability that forces a player to burn their money to maintain the status quo.
It's not the money that bothers me as the principle I don't particularly want to support a shoddy crafted expansion that took little effort to construct. With little to go on I can't make an informed decision of whether it is or isn't constructed well. So I'm left with another gamble like the cartel packs which I might add are a total waste of money.

ricp
12.28.2012 , 06:25 PM | #550
Quote: Originally Posted by VonFoxFire View Post
What I don't like is Bioware is like hey we got this new exciting content planned and we're even going to give it to you for half price if you pre order but we can't show you or tell you anything about it. Seriously?!
Bioware I would like to sell you a car it's the most awesome car ever for $30000 dollars. Which is half of what I should charge for it but I'm afraid you can't test it out or look at it before you bought it but you can trust me right I said it was the most awesome car ever that should be good enough to go on don't you agree?
good god, you are talking about $10.00 the price of a bad meal at McDonalds. Can you not just assume it will be the same quality and entertianment that we have gotten thru the first 50 levels??