Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

An in-depth look at: Sidious' Death

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: Sidious' Death

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.02.2012 , 09:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by billyboyjennings View Post
Only in the EU is it canon. He is killed and gone forever in the film universe.

"Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married." - Lucas, 2008
That's why it is C-Canon. Which is the EU.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.02.2012 , 09:30 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBandeth View Post
Most powerful Sith, but not most powerful being during his time.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Abeloth
Read the sentence that comes before that. In Sidious' mind he was the most powerful being in the galaxy. Technically he was. He was the most powerful mortal being in the galaxy. Abeloth is something completely different.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

starwarsmarsian's Avatar


starwarsmarsian
10.04.2012 , 12:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Vader survivng that blast shows how strong he really is and that he isn't really weak to Lightning. Then to have to make his way from the throne room to the hangar bay shows his incredible fortitude.
Maybe it is also because he was aiming the lightning at Luke, and when Darth Vader picked him up, he was not able to redirect the full power to Darth Vader, actually Vader just took the lightning zapping around everywhere. However this doesn't mean that it isn't a great effort that he still survived all the way to the hangar.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.04.2012 , 12:34 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by starwarsmarsian View Post
Maybe it is also because he was aiming the lightning at Luke, and when Darth Vader picked him up, he was not able to redirect the full power to Darth Vader, actually Vader just took the lightning zapping around everywhere. However this doesn't mean that it isn't a great effort that he still survived all the way to the hangar.
I'll have to watch ROTJ again, but again, Vader surviving even a small amount of lightning in his condition shows that he isn't vulnerable to it.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.04.2012 , 03:28 PM | #25
"No game of Dejarik can be won without pawns. And this will be a long game indeed."- Darth Traya

Just a teaser to the next thread in this series. It's not what you think.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Kaisernick's Avatar


Kaisernick
10.06.2012 , 01:55 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by fellblade View Post
This was a Very Nice and informative read - I know very little about post ROTJ Star Wars so I learned a few things here

One Thing that I've always found Interesting - is that people always use Sidious killing Vader with Force Lightning as proof of Vader's Extreme Vulnerability to it - However the Scene itself to me Shows Vader has a bit of RESISTANCE to it....

There is not One person that I have seen - that is actually HIT by Sidious' Lightning - that is not immediately Stunned, Knocked Back or Writhing in Agony ASIDE from Vader..... Even Yoda or Mace (Who was killed by it too - the ROTS novel seems to Indicate that Mace Was dead from the lightning before the impact of the fall)
Vader manged to pick Sidious up - Walk with Him While Receiveing a Constant barage of Lightning and then Throw him Down the Shaft....
Anybody else in that Situation would have Probably Spasmed (lost all control of thier motor functions) and Dropped Sidious as Soon as the lightning Touched them - Yes Vader died afterwards but Many would been killed Instantly by the Lightning itself long before that......(to even tell their Son that he redeemed them )
i see vaders death as the same as sions, not only did the machines keep vader alive but also the dark side when he let it go to save Luke that was what did it. i mean when he asks Luke to take his mask off luke fears that will kill him which vader says "nothing can stop that now" which makes me think that yes his suit was damaged but combined with him letting go of the dark side he was no longer saving himself from the brink of death.

on a side not i find it funny that he could pick up a grown man with only one hand.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
10.06.2012 , 05:00 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
i see vaders death as the same as sions, not only did the machines keep vader alive but also the dark side when he let it go to save Luke that was what did it. i mean when he asks Luke to take his mask off luke fears that will kill him which vader says "nothing can stop that now" which makes me think that yes his suit was damaged but combined with him letting go of the dark side he was no longer saving himself from the brink of death.

on a side not i find it funny that he could pick up a grown man with only one hand.
Vader was pretty much living off of the Dark Side. The life support systems kept him alive, but the Dark Side kept him going. Once he was redeemed, he died because he let go of the Dark Side and acknowledged and accepted his death.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

konstadinosblue's Avatar


konstadinosblue
12.28.2012 , 02:36 PM | #28
My friend,you should be proud of yourself. Your historian threads are well-written,informative,and offer many views
of the matter. Very impresive as Vader would say. Very impressive indeed. But the only thing that is better and "stronger" than your threads is your will for work so you can offer people the best of it. You are an example
of hard work and good resulting that all people should be inspired of. And your commitment to your work
is just the cherry on the top,and so is the quality,of your admirable and unique spirit. And as the years pass
I wish you good luck and success to your future work,and that people enjoy your threads as much as I do
.

To Aurbere !
Ahsoka: "Well, you want the bad news, or the really bad news?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism."
―Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, attempting to flee from Mortis

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.28.2012 , 02:41 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by konstadinosblue View Post
My friend,you should be proud of yourself. Your historian threads are well-written,informative,and offer many views
of the matter. Very impresive as Vader would say. Very impressive indeed. But the only thing that is better and "stronger" than your threads is your will for work so you can offer people the best of it. You are an example
of hard work and good resulting that all people should be inspired of. And your commitment to your work
is just the cherry on the top,and so is the quality,of your admirable and unique spirit. And as the years pass
I wish you good luck and success to your future work,and that people enjoy your threads as much as I do
.

To Aurbere !
Well, gosh! I guess all I can say is thank you and look forward to future threads.

Thanks again.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

jtjohnson's Avatar


jtjohnson
12.28.2012 , 03:39 PM | #30
The reason why Vader wasn't staggered or stunned by the Sidious's force lightning is that the main purpose of force lightning is to cause pain, something Vader has been living with for 20 years. The lightning did however destroy or severely damage the mechanisms in his armor that were keeping him alive.
The SWTOR forums... You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must be cautious.