Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
12.27.2012 , 06:22 AM | #2471
Striges, that was awesome

I feel a little bad for Rixik - no one wants to be an alien slave in the Empire - but not that bad.

Isoviel
12.27.2012 , 07:16 AM | #2472
Striges- The more I hear about Rixik's backstory the more I understand why he is the way he is. And the more I despise the laws of the Empire.

Striges
12.27.2012 , 09:06 AM | #2473
So, backlog of replies.

@ Kabeone: Again, poor Remi. That must be a maddening situation. She wants to atone. Needs to atone. But no one’s letting her. On one hand its comforting that most people sympathize with the situation, but on the other hand, how can she ever make things right?

As an aside, my characters fall off of things. Every thing. If there’s an edge in the terrain somewhere, I inevitably find a way to fall to my death from it.

@ MilaniGrey: Alli exiled and leaving her infant behind has to be one of the loneliest situations. Do keep writing her.

@ Thatghost: Agreed, Agent + Temple is a very rare thing around here. It’s a nice change from our usual doom-and-gloom. They seemed very much like a couple who’d been together for a long time. I loved the parts about the ghostly reflections in the window.

@ Isoviel: Welcome to the thread! You covered a lot of ground with your story, and that might have affected the amount of detail you were able to fit in. With Iamthehoyden and Tatile, I’d love to know more about why Ennaly doesn’t want to be a Jedi. And don’t give up on her; go back and do the Hoth bonus series if you haven’t already, or find some people to play with. You can bring others into your class areas even if they are the same class (there’s a button to allow that in the UI) and they can help vanquish creatures, but won’t affect how your story goes, they’re just observers.

Also, thanks everyone for putting up with my Rixik obsession

Isoviel
12.27.2012 , 11:08 AM | #2474
I was recently struck with inspiration for a story that fits this weeks prompt nicely.

Prompt: Failure

Spoilers: If mentioning a companion's name is a spoiler than minor spoilers.

Spoiler

thatghost
12.28.2012 , 11:58 AM | #2475
@Striges: So much to love in that.
Quote:
“The Empire has no room for corruption.”
Oh, the irony...
(and thanks why is IA+Temple so rare?)

@Isoviel: Poor Ennaly- but Risha to the rescue. I think I actually heard Ennaly scream; ouch

kabeone
12.28.2012 , 12:49 PM | #2476
It is prompt day! I will be your substitute-substitute prompter

Week of 12/28/2012:
Alternate Perspectives: Something a little different, most of the time we tell a story from a single character's perspective. But what were other characters thinking at the time? Rewrite one of your past pieces from another character's perspective or write a new fic from two characters perspectives. Use any prompt or just make something up.

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.

Tatile
12.29.2012 , 09:57 AM | #2477
Late D: Again

Laws and Governance

Spoiler

Stupid droid, cleaning all that up.

Irrissa
12.30.2012 , 09:24 AM | #2478
I know its been a while. My Brain was broken but I have been reading and loving what has been written. I want to acknowledge everyone individually but that would be a project in itself right now But keep up the writing everyone

So without any further babbling.

Night of the Living Prompt - Solitude / Guilty Pleasures some small Consular spoilers

Spoiler
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

Striges
12.30.2012 , 01:47 PM | #2479
@ Thatghost: I expect IA + Temple is rare because 1) IA is less played, compared to say, almost everyone else besides Consular and 2) Temple's only romanceable if you're male. I can recall only 3 routinely-written Agents in this thread: Sha'ra'zaed (female), Rochester (involved with Broan), and Winston (not interested in Temple). You go right ahead and give her a personality!

@ Isoviel: You can actually make that combo on the character creation screen--though you'd need to buy a new monitor afterward.

@ Tatile: There is no late, there is Zombie Prompt. And in light of their earlier conversations, I too wonder what Rochester would make of that law. It also makes wonder about all the other non-human/non-pureblood Sith and their social standing relative to everyone else. That's got to be an awkward dynamic at important functions.

@ Irissa: I like the parallels with Randall and Minalde.
Spoiler

Irrissa
12.30.2012 , 04:05 PM | #2480
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post

@ Irissa: I like the parallels with Randall and Minalde.
Spoiler
I wondered if anyone would figure that one out Though anyone that is a FB friend knows my obsession
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)