Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Looking to do Higher end Raids

JediCarve
12.27.2012 , 02:45 PM | #1
My character name is Jedicarve (I am a sentinel) and I am looking for groups/guilds that are doing higher end raids. I am looking to do EC HM, EC NiM, TFB SM, and TFB HM. Here is my current gear and I will update it as I get better gear or change the mods that I have in them at the time. Please Friend me in game and I look forward to working with everyone. As a side note I do know all the fights.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...2-76e174958ee7

schnopsnosn
12.27.2012 , 02:46 PM | #2
Your gear sucks.

TheMarmalade
12.27.2012 , 04:29 PM | #3
What server are you on? Not that your gear is that great and your ready for some of those things but it is hard to help somebody on a different server then my own. Just so you know you are not ready for tfb hm or EC nim. The hardest you can handle isec hm and you may get pulled along a bit but that is ok. Just an fyi black hole gear is typically extremely endurance heavy and very poorly optimized especially for a dps.

ckoneful
12.27.2012 , 06:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheMarmalade View Post
What server are you on? Not that your gear is that great and your ready for some of those things but it is hard to help somebody on a different server then my own. Just so you know you are not ready for tfb hm or EC nim. The hardest you can handle isec hm and you may get pulled along a bit but that is ok. Just an fyi black hole gear is typically extremely endurance heavy and very poorly optimized especially for a dps.
I noticed that, and I find that stupid. I actually got called "undergeared" because I stuck with my 56/58 armorings with higher main stat with 61 mods/enhancements...
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Saphra
12.27.2012 , 07:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
Your gear sucks.
True, but that's hardly constructive.

Just an fyi black hole gear is typically extremely endurance heavy and very poorly optimized especially for a dps.
Now THAT'S useful information.

I've heard that black hole and campaign gear was randomly generated, and no one actually looked at the stats to see if they made sense before they were released. Because of this, some of the gear is really, REALLY bad for the item level. You may want to have a look at the BH heavy armor for DPS and yank the mods out of it, or buy some campaign Foestopper armorings from the BH vendor to replace those endurance heavy armorings, and get a set bonus, not that the sentinel set bonuses are that wonderful (especially the 4 piece... bleh).

Unnecessary, but helpful information below this point :P
As for REALLY optimizing your stats, I'd suggest replacing a little of that accuracy with surge. The enhancement and mod found in the Pummeler's chest would be one good option for accomplishing that. Also, the armoring from that chestpiece would be an improvement over the armoring in your current chest. You could try taking the other mods from the Pummeler's chest and putting them in your weapons.

Saphra
12.27.2012 , 07:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
I noticed that, and I find that stupid. I actually got called "undergeared" because I stuck with my 56/58 armorings with higher main stat with 61 mods/enhancements...
Yea.... I've done the same thing, but no one questioned the results =D.

schnopsnosn
12.27.2012 , 07:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Saphra View Post
True, but that's hardly constructive.
True.
Actually wanted to edit something in because I was in a hurry(and I still don't have the time right now, will add something tomorrow) earlier and I apologize for that.

toyfanatic
12.27.2012 , 08:16 PM | #8
To the OP,
If you wish to do the harder content, my advise is to guild up. I know that was not the title of your thread. But you wish to gain the benifits of guild membership ( the better gear and going on the harder ops) with out the cost.
It doesn't work that way.
Lets look at this from the other side- the raid leader. The raid leader wants a group of people who work well as a team and have been playing together for a while. That way the team can count on each other when crap happens, and yes human error happens in every raid. Knowing the ops is almost useless compaired to knowing all the little intricasies that each pull or boss fight has.
Now I am not going to knock your gear man, but what I will say is the Elite WH gear is about all the top end gear you can get as a lone wolf. Having Black Hole doesn't scream to a ops leader you are a good player. You can get away with some Elite WH pieces ( like main and off hand ) and no one will say anything, but if you don't have some campain - you won't be picked up for HM OPS past NM KP.
To develop a good reputation as a DPS fill in takes time. And yes it will mean you will run the hell out of lower end ops, till you make a name for yourself. After you have built a good rep as a good dps then the oppertuntys will come.
Good luck man.

TheMarmalade
12.28.2012 , 07:33 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
It's surprising how few people realize that black hole isn't necessarily better then rakata. There are some black hole pieces though that have good.mods and enhancements in them though and you can buy those to optimize your gear if desperate.

wetslampigduex
12.28.2012 , 09:12 AM | #10
It's surprising how few people realize that black hole isn't necessarily better then rakata. There are some black hole pieces though that have good.mods and enhancements in them though and you can buy those to optimize your gear if desperate.
Wrong, rakata and black hole have the exact same mods, armorings, and enhancements just a higher stat budget.

I do agree that the BiS mods ect. might not come in the piece you bought, but for each class there is only really ever 1 piece that has bis stuff in them.

The part i made bold, thats called min maxing. If your not doing it, your only hurting yourself and your raid cause you cant carry your weight...