Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Act 1 finale: SPOILER!

Sithoid
02.09.2012 , 11:27 PM | #11
Our fan-retcon about "Yu-on died, but not right away" could really work. But it gets worse: approximately at the end of Act 2 certain characters ask you if their assistance helped you, and your Consilar replies "Thank you, Yu-on is alive and well". "Ah, what a relief", they say. This time I can't think of any excuse.
Jedi Sage Shaeron Thape, Trask Ulgo

Larmoth
02.11.2012 , 08:09 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by xxSharangirxx View Post
I warned you!

If you read this, you get spoiled with the end of Act 1 of the Jedi Consular Storyline!!!

Spoiler

I fear that the problem lies with the story design and that not everything was well thought-through...
Maybe the writers first had one outcome in mind and then changed to something else and the designers forgot to change the dialogues of previous encounters?

I'm confused..

Spoiler

Besides this little issue:
I'm totally happy with the Consular Storyline so far!

Only thing that I don't like:
I'm lvl 30 and only got Tharan (as a healer, the healer companion is not really useful) and Qyzen (I'll use him till the end, I guess He's already in full custom gear and quite the killer in 1 on 1 open pvp )
They should've brought in more companions earlier, so that one has a choice...

In the end, I'll only be able to play with Nadia, when I'd happen to do dailies, which I won't.. Leaving me to buy her presents which I can't afford, because I don't play dailies..
To be honest, both Qyzen and Tharan are very good compagnions. If I wanne go melee and dps myself i choice tharan, if i wanne do more cc and healing i take qyzen. They are both fun the have as a comp

DaShuk
02.11.2012 , 08:59 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Larmoth View Post
To be honest, both Qyzen and Tharan are very good compagnions. If I wanne go melee and dps myself i choice tharan, if i wanne do more cc and healing i take qyzen. They are both fun the have as a comp
I've found Qyzen to be hit or miss depending on which way you go as Consular.

I've loved him on my Sage, just send him in to draw aggro and keep him healed while blasting away from distance. I faceroll mobs with him on my Sage and hardly have any down time between fights.

Can't stand him with my Shadow, he dies very fast, no matter how good his gear is and he is an awful companion for Shadow. Have to meditate after every fight and any fight with more than one strong mob is a toss-up. Theran is like mini-god mode for Shadow once you get him and I haven't used another companion since. Sure there is a bit of drop off in DPS, but I love that I never drop below 80% health in an elite fight and I can solo Champions with Theran's heals. Not to mention the extra interupt is nice.

seven_deadlies
12.23.2012 , 05:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DaShuk View Post
I've found Qyzen to be hit or miss depending on which way you go as Consular.

I've loved him on my Sage, just send him in to draw aggro and keep him healed while blasting away from distance. I faceroll mobs with him on my Sage and hardly have any down time between fights.

Can't stand him with my Shadow, he dies very fast, no matter how good his gear is and he is an awful companion for Shadow. Have to meditate after every fight and any fight with more than one strong mob is a toss-up. Theran is like mini-god mode for Shadow once you get him and I haven't used another companion since. Sure there is a bit of drop off in DPS, but I love that I never drop below 80% health in an elite fight and I can solo Champions with Theran's heals. Not to mention the extra interupt is nice.
This^

Qyzen seems to be the go-to for Sages. And Tharan is the go-to for Shadows.

My Shadow is now 50, working on getting all the uber gear, and I haven't bothered with another pet since I first got Tharan. Just got him all his Recruit stuff, so he'd have decent stats without having to wait for lvl 50 drops/wasting tokens and Comms.

SoonerJBD
12.24.2012 , 02:59 PM | #15
I just finished Act 2 on my Knight. It's incredible how much better the knight's story is.

DanFe
12.28.2012 , 07:14 AM | #16
Mind if I ask a question?

I just finished Tatooine, I have a feeling that Parkanas is Vivicar. Am I right or wrong?

Icerose
12.28.2012 , 07:19 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DanFe View Post
Mind if I ask a question?

I just finished Tatooine, I have a feeling that Parkanas is Vivicar. Am I right or wrong?
Spoiler
With one shot I will start or end a revolution, don't be the one shot, my lord.

Sylvatica
12.29.2012 , 04:00 AM | #18
Spoiler
Chuundar PVP EU
Fus Ro Dah =

Luminous_Being
01.08.2013 , 02:54 PM | #19
I think one thing that was overlooked in the first post and mentioned only briefly after, when Vivicar says "All the masters he infected will die" he is referring to a large number he has infected that the Consular hasn't encountered yet, not just the handful the Consular shielded/killed.

The confusion makes sense as that sounds like Yuon should die in this scenario but Vivicar's statement should probably be interpreted as:

"All the masters I have plagued that you have not shielded will die if you kill me."

OldVengeance
01.10.2013 , 02:20 PM | #20
But Vivicar explicitly states that even shielded masters will perish if you kill him. And Syo Bakarn tells you right away that any masters you've saved have suddenly died if you do go through with it. It's presumably an oversight they never addressed or a major bug. The best fanon explanation I could come up with is that maybe shielding Yuon twice broke her bond with the Plaguemaster or otherwise protected her or something.