Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaon again? Exit area.

DataBeaver
12.25.2012 , 10:33 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
if he unchecks it he won't be entitled for the BH comms in the end, so most would rather not want to do that.
Ah, okay. Makes sense. I haven't ever actually unchecked any flashpoints so I was unaware of this. I've done very little flashpoints (mostly due to lack of time) and haven't gotten bored with any one of them yet.

Griad
12.26.2012 , 03:41 AM | #22
Kaon only instance you can blow through with 3 dps and 1 healer, i love that u dont need a tank
'
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

wetslampigduex
12.26.2012 , 09:01 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
Kaon only instance you can blow through with 3 dps and 1 healer, i love that u dont need a tank
'
do any of them really need a core of tank 2 dps and a healer... no.. i 2 manned kaon as a fresh 50 when it first came out as dps and the other person was a tank.

To who ever was saying it's glitched filled... i honestly dont think i have ever seen anything in there glitch which is probably the only FP i can say that for. I've run it prob as much as OP stated too

Lord_Erman
12.26.2012 , 09:27 AM | #24
My record is 4x Esseles in a row. I don't think anyone can beat it.
Errtai - Jedi Sentinel
<Nexus X> - The Red Eclipse

wargonglok
12.26.2012 , 10:15 AM | #25
but HM Kaon is the easiest fp besides BT.

it is also much faster

edit: and as a sniper you can solo guard the bomb!
Sniper, 'nough said

Kyanzes
12.27.2012 , 05:59 AM | #26
The cannon part is the most annoying. I rarely see any groups breaking up after that. Most groups (that actually break) seem to bleed there. I don't know why but there seems to be damage spikes there. There's a guy (not the one that goes green and explodes, that's very obvious) that knocks you back and you either suffer some ridiculous damage or not. I can't say what enemy is that or what kind of damage he does but it can be evil sometimes.

ladwar
12.27.2012 , 06:50 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyanzes View Post
The cannon part is the most annoying. I rarely see any groups breaking up after that. Most groups (that actually break) seem to bleed there. I don't know why but there seems to be damage spikes there. There's a guy (not the one that goes green and explodes, that's very obvious) that knocks you back and you either suffer some ridiculous damage or not. I can't say what enemy is that or what kind of damage he does but it can be evil sometimes.
i actually haven't seen any groups break at that point but im pretty good on turret so if im not on my tank to start with i'll hop on an kick whoever is the tank from the turret spot. the turret helps a ton and i see it used wrong alot of time, ie shooting one mob and letting the rest beat the living daylight out of the heal/group. btw he is bloated something or rather and he does 8-10k aoe before u add in armor and shield stuff bout. a dps should lead them away from group but the main focus should be on screamers and mercs for their ablities

sumuser
12.28.2012 , 04:41 AM | #28
The key to Kaon is very simple:

Use your CCs. Prioritize mercs>screamers>bloated dudes that blow up. With that alone, a group in tionese can easily cruise through Kaon. As a tank, it is very frustrating when my dps'ers and healers cant seem to learn this basic tactic. Mercs like to force choke my healers, screamers enjoy blowing my dps'ers into other mobs, and no matter how many times a dps'er or healer has run Kaon, I think it is just the rule to stand right next to the bloated dudes as they blow up.
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior

LordMordeth
12.28.2012 , 09:21 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
I get D7, over and over and over....Good news i can now do it in my sleep.
This mostly, for me.. as it's either D7 or in rare cases either Boarding Party/Foundry (usually the former) or if i'm really, really lucky, possibly Black Talon.

Kaon usually never pops, something i am very glad of since while it's a nice flashpoint it can be a real pain to finish in addition of taking waaaay too long if one's teammates are total airheads.

lorddarklon
12.28.2012 , 09:44 AM | #30
I like Kaon. It can be a challange with a new group but I find as a tank that it can be enjoyable to get a new group through it. I try and run it at least twice a week. Now Lost Island on the other hand......
"There is no passion…there is solely obsession.
There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.
There is no purpose. There is solely will.
There is nothing…only me" - Creed of Ruin