Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's time to form a competitive pub team for rateds.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Shadowlands
It's time to form a competitive pub team for rateds.

RyanReagan
12.27.2012 , 06:26 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
It took us over an hour to form that group, waiting for the right people though. That is why it sometimes isn't worth it because anything less gets roflstomped.
Well you can sit and wait for an hour and by the time your team gets there all the other teams have stopped queuing. or you can nut up and just queue with what you got.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Xwinluke
12.27.2012 , 06:29 PM | #102
Nut up? U mean feed u free wins and coms? I'd rather wait and Que with a group like last night thank you. Why would I want to Que with baddies? I do that enough in regs lol
ObiWalker 50 Sentinel
Darksidious 50 Marauder Wanted

RyanReagan
12.27.2012 , 06:46 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Xwinluke View Post
Nut up? U mean feed u free wins and coms? I'd rather wait and Que with a group like last night thank you. Why would I want to Que with baddies? I do that enough in regs lol
I guess some of us like to play video games and the rest like to sit around and wait to play video games. To each their own...
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

CJNJ
12.27.2012 , 07:01 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
I guess some of us like to play video games and the rest like to sit around and wait to play video games. To each their own...
Think it's better to say everybody likes to have a chance to win, even if it means waiting awhile for some people. If you only had the option to take people that are awful in rateds and practically guarantee a loss, would you?
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill

Evuo
12.27.2012 , 07:54 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
Think it's better to say everybody likes to have a chance to win, even if it means waiting awhile for some people. If you only had the option to take people that are awful in rateds and practically guarantee a loss, would you?
You hit the nail on the head, otherwise people would be consistently throwing hodge podges together from general chat.

MeRRR
12.27.2012 , 09:05 PM | #106
It's kinda sad that it takes so much effort just to have a fun match in rated.

IF MAYBE people could put their egos aside and not have to roll an "A team" every time they queue for rateds, maybe more people would be throwing together random groups, or less than ideal guild groups. That goes for both sides, not pointing fingers at any specific teams/people.
Just my opinion, but for what is considered "preseason"(whatever BW means by that), people take this way too seriously. We all play to have fun, lighten up, not everybody needs to roll the same team make up every time they queue up.
This is obviously a biased opinion because I'm a dps scoundrel. lol

But still... once it is "regular season" or cross server rated is ever introduced, then I will say form your uber groups and try to be the best. Bragging rights might actually mean something then.

RyanReagan
12.27.2012 , 11:21 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
Well, considering I'm on the team. I would say yes. ID has no problem taking awful people in.

Washingtoon
12.28.2012 , 03:18 AM | #108
That's the same mentality that brought us (refering to normal wz now):
*The backfill mechanic
*Premades vs pugs
*No class, or other, criterias

Things that IMO only are ruining matchmaking and have plagued all genres of multiplayer games for a decade now. I'd rather wait an hour for a good match than play four horrible ones in that time.

Evuo
12.28.2012 , 03:38 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Washingtoon View Post
That's the same mentality that brought us (refering to normal wz now):
*The backfill mechanic
*Premades vs pugs
*No class, or other, criterias

Things that IMO only are ruining matchmaking and have plagued all genres of multiplayer games for a decade now. I'd rather wait an hour for a good match than play four horrible ones in that time.
Off-topic but,

Everytime I read your name I think of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbRom1Rz8OA

Xwinluke
12.28.2012 , 07:22 AM | #110
This is why I'm leveling on impside as well so I can play ranked on 2 different sides. So when theres no one on pubs I can go imp. Atleast ill have a better shot at playing with good players on both sides instead of sitting around waiting for good players to log on
ObiWalker 50 Sentinel
Darksidious 50 Marauder Wanted