Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM waste of time

RikuvonDrake
12.27.2012 , 04:52 PM | #21
Do it once a week with your guildmates to have half of the weekly done, then do normal tier 1 until reset, that is always what I am doing, unless I have 3-4 from guild that wanna do a FP with me I never do LI HM, PUGs are so horrible. Rather do KuS, BP, BoI or something that is more simple for pugs, even thought it takes more time then LI HM.

LI HM record me and three guildmates have is 16minutes (one power tech, one operative, one sentinel and me on my assassin), so trust me, if done correctly it is a really quick flashpoint, if not the quickest.
Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress - The Eternal Warrior
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Saphra
12.27.2012 , 05:37 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Vankris View Post
i tihink that's pretty much what's wrong with today MMO communities.

Wiping becomes unacceptable, failling to kill a boss, becomes unacceptable, it is, and i quote a "utter waste of time"

Do you have any idea how many times i have wiped on scholomance when it was tightly pack. On general drakkishah when it was genually a demanding encounter. And don't get me started on TBC heroics.

You are the reason why wow is now what it is, and wish for swtor to take the same path. What we need is not easier flashpoint but harder flash point, bring it on, level 3 flashpoint, nightmare flash point. Making mistake does actually have consequenses.
Ah... memories of TBC heroic instances... i loved those so much. You learn so much about how to play your class, and how to work with other classes from content like that. If you weren't learning, you were dying horrible, horrible deaths.The way it should be when dealing with content clearly labelled "Heroic", or "Hard Mode".

lironBD
12.27.2012 , 08:05 PM | #23
ok I take it back.
this is actually an easy FP, very easy.

had a run today and this time I've hand picked people on the fleet which I've checked they have the proper gear (tanks with shield, mara using str gear etc...).

not a single wipe, people didn't collected tons of debuffs, beautiful use of CC on medic rakghouls and such.

I think the game tutorial should explain about this being harder kind of FP for new players and make people do it story mode first before they use GF for hm.

truly painful experience, which was utterly the blame of human factor.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

Aurojiin
12.27.2012 , 08:37 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
Hallelujah. Someone has seen the light.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

TheNegotiator
12.28.2012 , 01:46 AM | #25
LI is a lot of fun. I especially like doing it with people who are not good at it, because by the time we leave (win or lose), we all became better players.

I know the droid fight like the back of my hand, but the group I was with tonight did not ...and we failed about 30x...yes I said 30. It was cool though. The only thing about the droid fight I would change would be the adds, as in once you kill them they do not respawn on the next attempt. Overall though this flashpoint is great, it forces you to become better.

To those who insist on doing hard content with hand-picked players, please keep doing it, because I don't want to group with you anyway.

Eurynamous
12.28.2012 , 02:04 AM | #26
L.I. Is a skill check instance. There are more mechanics going on in the first droid fight than people understand. Incinerate being a tank killer, the aoe being an un-attentive player killer, the mobs being a healer killer, the floor being a placement killer.

You can't do this place without paying attention and I honestly think that we should have more tier 2 flashpoints. You don't need to do them as a player, you don't need those 5 bh comms when there are easier ways to get comms.

It's not a waste, it's a check.
The Red Zone
Amadus Starcrusher
I will take your light, force you into darkness and give you true freedom and power

tanktest
12.28.2012 , 12:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
The best way to tackle LI HM is to forgo the GF and head in manually. The reasons for this are plenty, and primary center around the LR-5 boss and the tactics required to defeat it.

I would still use it and do but make your group and then use it for the travel to and so you can be put back were you were at the start ...

IF you made your group you can still use it for the daily HM if you have not done it yet ...

ZayneDraay
12.28.2012 , 12:49 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
This flashpoint is like any other content in every game. I remember when we would wipe on SM KP or SM EV. Now we can 5 man HM EV with 2 fresh 50's in green gear. I hated Lost Island the first 2 times I did it , we wiped numious times, but the 3rd time it was easier, we had a close call, but no deaths. Now we we run through it like it is sm EV. Once you learn the mechinics, it is easy just like every other flashpoint or ops.

My suggestion get with a group to learn the fight.

Personally I love crappy pugs in HMFPs on my healer, It makes me learn to be a better healer, manage my energy and protect myself which helps me when I am in harder content like the Ciphas, Heirad, and Kel’Sara fight in HM TfB.

I agree with Vankris, wipping isn't that bad of a thing, what I would add wiping isn't bad if you and the group are learning from the wipe. We wiped I know 6 times in a row on Kephess in HM TfB, we learned from the mistakes and all it did was make the next time all the more rewarding when we beat him...(not really sure how many times it took. Sawbones...I dropped out of combat a few times when they yelled wipe it up, so I didn't die everytime. Still point stands wiping isn't the end all if you are learning from the wipe. If you go right back and do the exact same thing and expect a different outcome, then yeah wipping is a problem.
You know, I for the longest time couldn't finish EV SM with my juggernaut (vengeance spec) be cause the tanks would always get wiped out to quickly and the healers weren't keeping up there HP (and this was only the first boss!). But after three torturous experiences I finally completed the whole quest, and I wouldn't change a thing because it taught me when to use certain powers as my main toon. Now from that experience I am almost in complete BH gear.
"Those who know me by reputation say I am a creature of the cold darkness, a monster if you will. Now you too shall fear me." - Darth Crios, lord of icy wrath

RikuvonDrake
12.28.2012 , 03:33 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
I think the game tutorial should explain about this being harder kind of FP for new players and make people do it story mode first before they use GF for hm.

You are aware that LI is tier 2, right? Should be enough of an explanation for people, if not, then they will learn the hard way.
Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress - The Eternal Warrior
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

sang
12.29.2012 , 12:40 PM | #30
As many have said before, LI is the fastest HM FP when done with a good group and the easiest way to get the 5 BH comms from the GF daily. My guild solely runs LI HM for our GF daily multiple times a day (most of us have at least two 50s in at least 61+ gear). The big problem I see, as many have mentioned, is inexperienced or vastly undergeared players.

LI HM can absolutely be completed in columi if the group actually full knows and understands the mechanics of the fights. Part of the problem is that there are so many people who have gone into LI HM and have been carried through. When my guild runs 3 person GF q's we usually have a tank, dps, and healer. On more than one occasion, the second "random" dps would die during the first two bosses. Instead, of wiping and waiting for them, we usually just continue on and kill the boss ourselves. Even if the 4th or 3rd member of our group isn't that bad, there is often quite a bit going on that we as a partial guild group are taking care of.

Most of the time I try to be nice and help explain mechanics and stuff to people, but sometimes you can't cure stupid/bad. Yesterday, as an example, I was tanking LI HM on my Jugg alt (full 61s augmented) and was put into a LI already in progress on the second boss. I get in, make sure everyone knows the mechanics, which pipe console they are going to, etc. I then pull the boss and within a matter of minutes proceed to die. Three pulls later and it is quite apparent our healer is terrible. I talk to him about it to help his rotation (my first main was an op healer), but he still keeps failing. Upon closer inspection, I realize he is in full war hero with some elite war hero gear. I make the comment that this might be easier if he was in PvE gear, but he then responds by telling me I'm stupid and why would he want a few extra stats when he could get the player healing bonus provided by expertise. I almost facepalmed in disbelief of the stupidity. I tried to explain that's not how expertise worked, but he wouldn't hear any of it. Perhaps the worst part of all this is that LI HM can be healed in WH with partial EWH pieces if the healer is actually good. Unfortunately, this guy was both bad and dumb.
Sang - Sangz - Sanglol - Sanglul - Sangrawr - Sangocity