Do all light saber classes need a ton of keybinds?

Dabrixmgp

Been wanting to try out either a Jugg/Mara or their Pub classes but every PvP video I watch they have like 4 hotbars of stuff keybound. I dont have a fancy gaming mouse or keyboard but I still want to try one of them out because they look like a lot of fun to play. But Im not very good at juggling a bunch of abilities. Do you really need all of those abilities in the first place? Also every time I do a /who for those classes it turns up the most people. I dont think so many people would be playing them if they were very difficult and required a ton of keybinds because I highly doubt all of them are pro gamers using expensive gaming mice.

Been wanting to try out either a Jugg/Mara or their Pub classes but every PvP video I watch they have like 4 hotbars of stuff keybound. I dont have a fancy gaming mouse or keyboard but I still want to try one of them out because they look like a lot of fun to play. But Im not very good at juggling a bunch of abilities. Do you really need all of those abilities in the first place? Also every time I do a /who for those classes it turns up the most people. I dont think so many people would be playing them if they were very difficult and required a ton of keybinds because I highly doubt all of them are pro gamers using expensive gaming mice.

Player Vs. Player is a different animal then pve. Yes, you can get by by just using a few abilities, but to be honest you will not be able to compete against someone that uses them all. The players that you see juggling abilities are doing so to be more effective. If I were you I would start with the main 2 toolbars and go from there. Remember that if you are clicking you are playing a different game then the ppl who are hotkeying. Clicking by nature has to be slower do to the fact that you are using the mouse to click attacks while others are using mouse strictly for movement and targeting. There are many guides that teach you how to hotkey without using a special keyboard and mouse.

Player Vs. Player is a different animal then pve. Yes, you can get by by just using a few abilities, but to be honest you will not be able to compete against someone that uses them all. The players that you see juggling abilities are doing so to be more effective. If I were you I would start with the main 2 toolbars and go from there. Remember that if you are clicking you are playing a different game then the ppl who are hotkeying. Clicking by nature has to be slower do to the fact that you are using the mouse to click attacks while others are using mouse strictly for movement and targeting. There are many guides that teach you how to hotkey without using a special keyboard and mouse.

I cant click anyways as I use my mouse to move not wasd or whatever so having to click would mean stopping. Also I dont plan on doing rated stuff so I assume I will be playing against fellow bads in normal PuG WZs. But out of the light saber classes which one requires least keys? Id at least like to learn my keybinds at a slow pace as I gain levels rather than getting slammed with like 20 abilities at a low level. Also Sage/Sorcerer doesnt count as they just have light sabers for stat sticks.

Edited by Dabrixmgp

Guess you didn't bother reading my post... :(

All of the classes have the same structure for moves... does not matter which class you choose, you either use the keybinds, or you don't. If you don't then you won't be as effective as those who do.. which is fine in pve, but pvp and flashpoints/operations, etc you might feel the sting a bit.

Learning the shift/key combo for 2 hotbars is all you really need.

Guess you didn't bother reading my post... :(

All of the classes have the same structure for moves... does not matter which class you choose, you either use the keybinds, or you don't. If you don't then you won't be as effective as those who do.. which is fine in pve, but pvp and flashpoints/operations, etc you might feel the sting a bit.

Learning the shift/key combo for 2 hotbars is all you really need.

yea except when I look at Noxxic the rotations for say a madness sorcerer is like 4 abilities and then the Juggs/Maras have like 12. I know you dont use a rotation in PvP but obviously some classes use more abilities than others.

Well, for normal PvE (class missions, etc) a rotation can be small, which is why I listed there are 3 or so main moves each class does for damage... but no class is just 4 buttons to play.... well maybe a Merc LOL, tracer missile, tracer missiles... :p

But that was kinda fixed, so.... I don't know what it is you are asking for? Which class can get away with pressing the fewest buttons?

I looked at that Noxxic thing... it is.... over simplified...

Anyways, guide on keybinding and using them http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/gameplay/key-binding

And I looked at the rotations, and ummm, Sorcerer and Juggernaut have the same amount of moves that are being used, not including defensive abilities.... Hate to burst your force bubble..

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith-inquisitor/sith-sorcerer/lightning/dps-rotation-and-cooldowns

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith-warrior/sith-juggernaut/vengeance/dps-rotation-and-cooldowns#

I cant click anyways as I use my mouse to move not wasd or whatever so having to click would mean stopping. Also I dont plan on doing rated stuff so I assume I will be playing against fellow bads in normal PuG WZs. But out of the light saber classes which one requires least keys? Id at least like to learn my keybinds at a slow pace as I gain levels rather than getting slammed with like 20 abilities at a low level. Also Sage/Sorcerer doesnt count as they just have light sabers for stat sticks.

Maybe this will be helpful to you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkcrr1JGfA

Edited by Freedannad