Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Leap needs a nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force Leap needs a nerf

RaithHarth
12.27.2012 , 04:27 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
It's not worth changing.... your cause is one of little importance.

THIS is not the kinda thing I want the development team wasting their time with, especially with how little it gets used and the other fact that it takes 2 players to take advantage of it.

And like I said... it's not only leapers... it's also sorcs... hell... jump on a sniper and shoot someone close to the edge. You're wasting your time on this one. Not... that... serious.
So what would you suggest then? Have Bioware put force fields around the gap too so the leapers can't get across? because besides nerfing force leap that would be the only option.
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

UGLYMRJ
12.27.2012 , 04:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
So what would you suggest then? Have Bioware put force fields around the gap too so the leapers can't get across? because besides nerfing force leap that would be the only option.
What I am suggesting is nothing... don't waste the time to fix something that isn't broken. Do... nothing.

Personally I like it because it adds another element to the match. A sorc goes to pull a friendly back over to defend... but BAM! get's knocked off. As just one example...

But yeah... my suggestion is to change nothing about the ability or the map. Not that serious.

criminalheretic
12.27.2012 , 04:40 PM | #23
Take 2 steps back. Problem solved without making drastic changes to class mechanics. Seriously, someone cant just leap to an area, they leap to a person. The only reason someone would stand there to begin with is if they are trying to grapple someone, or they are hoping they get leapt to, and the person then falls. No reason for sour grapes if your plan backfires.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

RaithHarth
12.27.2012 , 04:47 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Take 2 steps back. Problem solved without making drastic changes to class mechanics. Seriously, someone cant just leap to an area, they leap to a person. The only reason someone would stand there to begin with is if they are trying to grapple someone, or they are hoping they get leapt to, and the person then falls. No reason for sour grapes if your plan backfires.
Like I said above it wasn't me who was standing there, but a teammate, I just think the distance between the two sides and being able to leap there with someone standing there is abit over the top.
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

MiaRB
12.27.2012 , 04:50 PM | #25
shadows/assasins can get across that gap as well, if they are really good at timing their jump and force speed.
can't wait for this game to come out!

PlagaNerezza
12.27.2012 , 04:50 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ventvisor View Post
lol...you use to be able to jump it with out a leap. Haven't seen it in awhile, so maybe they changed the gap or something. Anyway, being able to leap the gap is fine. It goes both ways
You are correct. When they tweaked the pvp maps that took away all the short cuts and fun additions the developers originally put in to allow some fun variety. Its exploiting apparently.

The map changes I hated. Especially to Civil War. I wish on Nova Coast you could get on the roof of the bunker. they want everything so vanilla. I like a little chocalate and don't know who complained about the maps, but I hey. To each their own.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

criminalheretic
12.27.2012 , 05:38 PM | #27
Like I said above it wasn't me who was standing there, but a teammate, I just think the distance between the two sides and being able to leap there with someone standing there is abit over the top.
Then change the map, not the ability.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Stncold
12.27.2012 , 05:46 PM | #28
Then don't stand near the edge?

I jump to people across that ledge all the time and I successfully manage to plant maybe 5% of the time because there is usually somebody else there too.

What happened to you was pretty much an anomaly.

Here's what you do in the future; Don't stand in front of it. As others have said it's a long gap and somebody has to be standing pretty much right by the ledge for you to make it.
Selthia-Guardian
Zarrec- Gunslinger Yorenec-Commando
POT5.
RIP The Fatman

Monoth
12.27.2012 , 05:56 PM | #29
It still needs a nerf regardless, maybe shorten the distance of the leap abit
How does it need a nerf? It's been this way since th game started, Bioware gave Jedi/Sith a 30m gap closer for pvp against range classes, in voidstar they made the gap 28m, it's an oversight by Bioware, if anything needs fixing its the map NOT nerfing force leap.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Monoth
12.27.2012 , 05:57 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Vin_of_Vinheim View Post
I was in a lowbie VS game yesterday and two leapers on defense jumped the gap and made it harder for us to get the bridges down. Never saw it before, I've seen sorcs pull friendlies over the gap before but I guess leapers can do it on their own now.
They can only jump if a person is standing there for them to jump to PERIOD.

I love how people don't know how a class works yet calls for nerfs lol
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile