Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Heats: General Grievous vs Mandalore the Ultimate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: General Grievous vs Mandalore the Ultimate

Aurbere
12.27.2012 , 01:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
(Ok, last post for a couple days! Help me, Grievous supporters!)
I'll hold down the fort while you're gone.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Aurbere
12.27.2012 , 01:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Err, quintillions actually, just saying.
Yeah, that's what I meant by 'not exact numbers'. I could have just said a random number, but I was sure on the trillions number.

Anywho, that still puts the edge in Grievous' hands. The Mandalorians just don't have it where it counts. They don't have some of the most powerful Jedi commanding their forces. They don't have billions(again, not sure on that number) of warriors like the Clones. They don't have the production capabilities that the Galactic Republic had at the time of the Clone Wars.

Grievous wins this one.

Edit: Not sure you saw it in my one post, but I would like to see Jan Dodonna in a future battle.
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

MasterMe
12.27.2012 , 01:34 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
If that was true, there would still be 900 billion advanced and specialized droids for Mandos to kill.
Holy crap! That's a good point!

*claps*

Bravo! Bravo!

MasterMe
12.27.2012 , 01:47 PM | #24
I feel that almost everything that needs to be said here has been said. The Mandos just don't have the numbers, industry, or Jedi that the Republic had while fighting the CIS. They will lose.

However I'd like to make a point concerning the droid army: look at how what happened at Naboo. Droid armies always have that all-important generator. Once it is down, the army is useless. It can't be TOO hard to shut down a army of droids, after all: a small fighter squad was able to do that. We need to consider if/how Mando strike teams could do such a thing. Regardless, I'm sure this will take an effect on the battle somehow.

Also: if/when these droids are shut down, would it be possible for the Mandos to re-program these droids? I don't know if the Mandos are capable of such a thing, but if they could pull this off, it'd make a difference.

If the Mandos can do what I just suggested then they'll make it an interesting fight, but I'm afraid they'll still lose the war. In the end, it won't be a landslide win for the Greivous, but it won't be close either.

Canino
12.27.2012 , 02:22 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I feel that almost everything that needs to be said here has been said. The Mandos just don't have the numbers, industry, or Jedi that the Republic had while fighting the CIS. They will lose.

However I'd like to make a point concerning the droid army: look at how what happened at Naboo. Droid armies always have that all-important generator. Once it is down, the army is useless. It can't be TOO hard to shut down a army of droids, after all: a small fighter squad was able to do that. We need to consider if/how Mando strike teams could do such a thing. Regardless, I'm sure this will take an effect on the battle somehow.

Also: if/when these droids are shut down, would it be possible for the Mandos to re-program these droids? I don't know if the Mandos are capable of such a thing, but if they could pull this off, it'd make a difference.

If the Mandos can do what I just suggested then they'll make it an interesting fight, but I'm afraid they'll still lose the war. In the end, it won't be a landslide win for the Greivous, but it won't be close either.
This is a good point. As much as I would like to see Mandalore win, I know he won't. But, I figure I'll play devils advocate and help him along so you guys can debate some more

Anyway, Mando commandos might/probably be able to take down the program ships, which powered the droids. See Battle of Naboo for details. Also, I think I know what could beat the super tanks....

Bombs/grenades/explosives. Super Tanks have weak undersides, and thus explosive planted in the ground, or tossed under them will destroy the tank. This method was used to destroy 20 of them.

Also, the tanks were experimental. The number is unknown, but the least amount is only 24, and those are the only ones ever recorded in battle.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Aurbere
12.27.2012 , 02:25 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post

Actually, the CIS eliminated that key flaw. After the failure at Naboo, the Trade Federation enhanced the Droid Armies to allow them to operate without the need for a Droid Control Ship. As it stands now, the Lucrehulk-class Battleship no longer acts as a Droid Control ship. It now serves as a blockade vessel and transport ship armed to the teeth with heavy firepower. It is capable of carrying over 100,000 droids and almost 7,000 AATs.

Canino
12.27.2012 , 02:37 PM | #27
Sorry about that, wrong forum

Also, I never knew that Aurbere, so that was useful. There goes one argument out the window!
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Segastorm
12.27.2012 , 02:40 PM | #28
I was gonna say Mandalore, but Aubre's analysis kinda changed my mind....

Mandalore's armies are gonna have quite a bit of trouble dealing with droidekas, so that right there is in favor of grievous

Grievous can replenish his armies a lot faster than mandalore can, unless it takes you month to build a battle droid...

Now, if I remember correctly, Ventress is an assassin, so she could be used to target anyone coordinating Mandalore's armies, causing them to become commandos with no battle plan really...

Trying to fight for mandalore's side....

Unless Ventress had more than just lightsabers to fight with, Mandalore's Armor would give him a win over Ventress, or Grievous too if it came down to it (unless grievous runs like he always does).

Yeah, that's all I got, this goes to Grievous for sure.

steaktrooper
12.27.2012 , 02:53 PM | #29
I'm gonna say Grievous will win. Mandalore will probably use guerrilla tactics to harass Grievous's forces with hit and run attacks, and eventually Grievous will catch his fleet someplace and destroy them along with Mandalore.
Lembar Romdoro Agenros Cavteff
Sith Covenant / Jedi Covenant @ The Harbinger

MasterMe
12.27.2012 , 03:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Actually, the CIS eliminated that key flaw. After the failure at Naboo, the Trade Federation enhanced the Droid Armies to allow them to operate without the need for a Droid Control Ship. As it stands now, the Lucrehulk-class Battleship no longer acts as a Droid Control ship. It now serves as a blockade vessel and transport ship armed to the teeth with heavy firepower. It is capable of carrying over 100,000 droids and almost 7,000 AATs.
Excellent point. This makes my previous point... pointless.