Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

arunav
12.26.2012 , 10:33 PM | #501
A proper expansion would be better, but if we get new skills and maybe a new AC, alongside a WZ, FP and Op, I'm okay with $10. I would prefer 2 WZs as a PvP'er, but that's not going to happen.

A real expansion with the new space game should have class stories, imo, and that would be in 2014 I'm assuming, if it happens.

Honestly, I don't mind this model, adventure packs, if it means new planets/story on a faster face, like 2-3 planets a year. The story and questing is the best part of SWTOR, even the planetary arcs. They are generally well done, and, in some cases, I liked them better than parts of the class stories. At the very least, I didn't think the class stories were written better.

So: if we get a planetary story with quests as good as the Revanite quests, for example, it will be a fun week of casual leveling with good story, and will bring some other new things into the game.

This is good for SWTOR. I just wish they'd stuck to their original announcement and we were playing Makeb now.

Bomyne
12.26.2012 , 10:40 PM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Coruscant is not as big as outland, have you even played wow? Coruscant is just repetitive alley ways in an enclosed environment. Either you have a distorted perception of size or you are a troll.
And you are rude. You can't win an argument by insulting the opposition.

Maybe Coruscant was a bad example, I don't know. I do know that I believe Bioware when they state that it'll take me quite a while to work my way though all the content.

The original point I was making is that, one planet IS an expansion. Sony did it. Blizzard did it. Blizzard did it again with Northrend and Pandaria. (Those weren't planets, those were landmasses but they still count).

Cataclysm seemed to spoil people. It had everything Burning Crusade had (5 new zones. 7 if you count all of Vash'ir's zone as separate), but it revamped the entire Kalimdore and Eastern Kingdoms, some zones getting a complete overhaul, some getting minor touch ups as well as two new races, complete with starting zones. Stop expecting every MMO company to do what Blizzard did with Cataclysm.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel is also only $19.99. $9.99 if you are a subscriber. Burning Crusade was, how much at release? $40? $50? For what I believe is going to be a similar amount of content.

On a personal note, I hope they release an overhaul of the space system but a fun space combat experience is probably too much to ask. Meh.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

Ignicity
12.26.2012 , 10:45 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post

Maybe Coruscant was a bad example, I don't know. I do know that I believe Bioware when they state that it'll take me quite a while to work my way though all the content.
Quite a while? Quite a while! Yup, Bioware is on the money with that accurate assumption. It's no wonder you believe them.

People will be 55 in 24 hours or less after head start launches. That really is "quite" a while, isn't it?

Altyrell
12.26.2012 , 10:51 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
Quite a while? Quite a while! Yup, Bioware is on the money with that accurate assumption. It's no wonder you believe them.

People will be 55 in 24 hours or less after head start launches. That really is "quite" a while, isn't it?
And now you're making assumptions as well.

Bomyne
12.26.2012 , 10:57 PM | #505

You will note I said "It'd take ME quite a while.". I'm not a speeder. I don't rush though content then whine that there's nothing to do. I level up at a normal pace. I go though content at a normal pace.

Let's put it in perspective. Mists of Pandaria. I was starting to get "X had earned [Server First level 90]" style achievements within 5 or 10 hours of the expansion coming out.I hit level 90 after two weeks, like most people.

People who rush though the content of a story driven MMO need to have their head examined. That's all I can say about that. Don't space bar your way though the dialogue. Take the time to examine your surroundings. Explore. Take part in the new flashpoint(s) and warzone(s), or even space missions if it comes with them. Level professions.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

Spartanik
12.26.2012 , 10:58 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post

The original point I was making is that, one planet IS an expansion. Sony did it. Blizzard did it. Blizzard did it again with Northrend and Pandaria. (Those weren't planets, those were landmasses but they still count).

Cataclysm seemed to spoil people. It had everything Burning Crusade had (5 new zones. 7 if you count all of Vash'ir's zone as separate), but it revamped the entire Kalimdore and Eastern Kingdoms, some zones getting a complete overhaul, some getting minor touch ups as well as two new races, complete with starting zones. Stop expecting every MMO company to do what Blizzard did with Cataclysm.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel is also only $19.99. $9.99 if you are a subscriber. Burning Crusade was, how much at release? $40? $50? For what I believe is going to be a similar amount of content.

On a personal note, I hope they release an overhaul of the space system but a fun space combat experience is probably too much to ask. Meh.
I pretty much agree with you, i would want more stuff out of fighting being developed for this game, is actualy what this game needs to have realy strong foundations. space combat will folow in that category i think, not sure if even i would play it though, as i dont even touch it as it is. But other activities need to be developed for this game, stuff like swoop racing you can even make pvp out if it if one chose, same with any other minigames that are part of sw lore.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Clevelandboy
12.26.2012 , 10:59 PM | #507

and you know this how? Stop making an *** out of yourself, if you hate the game so much why are you still paying to play it?

jedimasterjac
12.26.2012 , 11:02 PM | #508
Give them the money it took to make this game, and the time, and sure! 10brand new planets!
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

Altyrell
12.26.2012 , 11:03 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
Give them the money it took to make this game, and the time, and sure! 10brand new planets!
10 brand new planets... really?

I'm guessing that you don't know just how hard it would be to create, code, make sure everything is good, nobody can fall through the word, etc.

Just out of curiosity, but what 10 brand new planets did/would you have in mind?

Ignicity
12.26.2012 , 11:18 PM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by Clevelandboy View Post
and you know this how? Stop making an *** out of yourself, if you hate the game so much why are you still paying to play it?
Who said I hated the game?

Quit trolling bish