Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So you're the top Player, can you beat the top Sorc?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So you're the top Player, can you beat the top Sorc?

Boops
12.26.2012 , 08:35 PM | #1
The answer is always, YES.

Take the top Imp players on your server. Duel your best DPS Sorc on DK spaceport (wide open). See who wins.
Yes, the sorc can beat decent players. But rarely, if ever, against the other Best in Class players. QQ.

If this post were just ''can you beat the top Sorc on your server'' there would be 100's of replies. Keep that in mind before you start posting 'hybrid heal' spec, etc. Like to see any Sorc beat Wakalord/assassin, Cialy/Marauder, Grugharina/PT . - Bastion.

cashogy
12.26.2012 , 08:56 PM | #2
try playing a Merc

Boops
12.26.2012 , 08:58 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
try playing a Merc
you're one step above, but not by much but I share your sentiments.

eavn
12.26.2012 , 09:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Boops View Post

Take the top Imp players on your server. Duel your best DPS Sorc on DK spaceport (wide open). See who wins.
Yes, the sorc can beat decent players. But rarely, if ever, against the other Best in Class players. QQ.

If this post were just ''can you beat the top Sorc on your server'' there would be 100's of replies. Keep that in mind before you start posting 'hybrid heal' spec, etc. Like to see any Sorc beat Wakalord/assassin, Cialy/Marauder, Grugharina/PT . - Bastion.

that's like saying the top pt/mara on your server can beat the top commando/merc on your server, the question is self answering

we all know sorc dps sucks, stop making threads about it.

Jherad
12.26.2012 , 11:56 PM | #5
you're one step above, but not by much but I share your sentiments.
If by above, you mean below, then I completely agree.

At least sorcs are desirable for RWZs, even if it is just the bubblestun spec that people want right now.
Zacharďah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

NoTomorrow
12.27.2012 , 12:24 AM | #6
A duel in plain open terrain doesn't demonstrate anything. Warzones are full with line of sight obstructions that have a tremendous impact on many classes performance, including sage/sorcerer.

Who would win in a Sniper vs MAdness sorc fight in plain terrain? Of course sniper. Who usually wins this fight in a warzone? If the Sorc is good, most of the time he will win.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Totaltrash
12.27.2012 , 12:29 AM | #7

And what has a duel to do with the warzone OBJECTIVE?
Are you suggesting we should balance PVP around 1vs1 combat?

I play a DPS Sorc and DPS Sage and I can kill any sniper in a duel (and I play a 50 sniper as well).
If you don't know how, learn your class. Tell me, which class is vulerable to a DPS merc/commando?

These sorc/sages just whine because they cannot go toe-to-toe with the lolsmashers and PTs.

The class was never meant to do that, but they have plenty of utility to contribute to the team.
For crying out loud, Huttball was made for Sorc/Sages!

Nevermind the F2P'ers who think otherwise - SWTOR WARZONES ARE NOT DEATHMATCHES!

DPS Merc/Commando is a whole different story!
Mediocre damage AND lack of utility makes their complaints much more credible.

WaywardOne
12.27.2012 , 01:19 AM | #8
Sorcs have a multiplying effect. Solo, they aren't the best (but can be very good), but a bunch of them together can easily beat a bunch of sentinels.

SWCwall
12.27.2012 , 01:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
try playing a Merc
This

Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
A duel in plain open terrain doesn't demonstrate anything. Warzones are full with line of sight obstructions that have a tremendous impact on many classes performance, including sage/sorcerer.

Who would win in a Sniper vs MAdness sorc fight in plain terrain? Of course sniper. Who usually wins this fight in a warzone? If the Sorc is good, most of the time he will win.
This

Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
And what has a duel to do with the warzone OBJECTIVE?
Are you suggesting we should balance PVP around 1vs1 combat?

I play a DPS Sorc and DPS Sage and I can kill any sniper in a duel (and I play a 50 sniper as well).
If you don't know how, learn your class. Tell me, which class is vulerable to a DPS merc/commando?

These sorc/sages just whine because they cannot go toe-to-toe with the lolsmashers and PTs.

The class was never meant to do that, but they have plenty of utility to contribute to the team.
For crying out loud, Huttball was made for Sorc/Sages!

Nevermind the F2P'ers who think otherwise - SWTOR WARZONES ARE NOT DEATHMATCHES!

DPS Merc/Commando is a whole different story!
Mediocre damage AND lack of utility makes their complaints much more credible.
And that

Ottoattack
12.27.2012 , 05:43 PM | #10
Winning solo has nothing to do with winning a WZs, because winning a WZs is about team work and synergy between different classes. If WZs are measured by how effective you can win solo everyone will roll a sin/shadwo!

Also, in small battle situations (2v2, 3v3, 4v4) sorceress has strong impact (specifically lighting/corruption hybrid) as bubble becomes much more effective.