Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force bubble way OP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force bubble way OP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

snine
12.10.2012 , 04:22 PM | #621
Cat and mouse is my favorite game of all time! I think they should implement a cat and mouse mechanic into every warzone!! Oh wait......

LarryRow
12.11.2012 , 10:14 AM | #622
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Changing an ability that put an aoe mez on every player in your team into an aoe stun- so it could then be turned from a buff you could place on your team into one that you yourself are the only beneficiary of- is a bugfix to you?

<snip>

If my ability to assist taking objectives and survive is going to be heavily penalized- I consider that a nerf.
Snipped for length.

It seems like you didn't read my post very well because you don't seem to realize what aspects of the bubble I consider bugged. Changing it to a stun was a very understandable tweak that made the bubble worthwhile as a defensive measure that didn't just give someone free resolve.

I also don't consider putting it on teammates a "bug." But there is a case to be made that having 1 or 2 of these guys on each team makes warzones unfun stunfests. A very sloppy solution by Bioware.

It clearly is a bug that you can trigger the effect by clicking it off. I shouldn't be able to stun you while stunned myself.

I also happen to think the resolve amount is a bug. People make the argument that the stun is not [supposed to be] on demand, so the resolve amount is appropriate. Not a bad point, but did the old mez bubble give 150 resolve?

Once again, I'm very sorry that once these are fixed you will actually have to carefully consider who you bubble and when instead of handing them out like candy and seeing if you can get all 16 people in the warzone simul-stunned.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

jedimasterjac
12.26.2012 , 01:01 PM | #623
Do you realize your DPS must be very low? My DPS can break Force Bubble in 1-4 hits, easily breaking stun.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

AdmiralParmesan
12.26.2012 , 01:07 PM | #624
Quote: Originally Posted by Dovahbrah View Post
More feedback in the PvP forum?
No, its basically a copy/paste of the last thing they said about the bubble stun. Which was nothing constructive
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

To-le
12.26.2012 , 02:37 PM | #625
If force bubble stuns are changed, it needs to be so the outcome keeps sages on par with smuggler healers. Not widen the gap further.

Rincewend
12.26.2012 , 06:43 PM | #626
Played 3 back to back WZ's this morning we had 3 sorcs with stun bubble, and the other team had 6 smashmonkeys. We lost every match, and all of us were in WH with some EWH. The bubbles only slowed the monkeys but we got rolled every match so again I do not see the bubble or having more than two sorcs changing a match, however have 3 or more smash monkeys always seems to swing the match (likely why I keep seeing so money in WZ's).

If the nerf bat needs to be swinged, I can see many other places it needs to hit other than sorcs.

fungihoujo
12.26.2012 , 07:33 PM | #627
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Snipped for length.

It seems like you didn't read my post very well because you don't seem to realize what aspects of the bubble I consider bugged. Changing it to a stun was a very understandable tweak that made the bubble worthwhile as a defensive measure that didn't just give someone free resolve.

I also don't consider putting it on teammates a "bug." But there is a case to be made that having 1 or 2 of these guys on each team makes warzones unfun stunfests. A very sloppy solution by Bioware.

It clearly is a bug that you can trigger the effect by clicking it off. I shouldn't be able to stun you while stunned myself.

I also happen to think the resolve amount is a bug. People make the argument that the stun is not [supposed to be] on demand, so the resolve amount is appropriate. Not a bad point, but did the old mez bubble give 150 resolve?

Once again, I'm very sorry that once these are fixed you will actually have to carefully consider who you bubble and when instead of handing them out like candy and seeing if you can get all 16 people in the warzone simul-stunned.
So ask for being clicked off to be fixed- that does sound like a bugfix- but you're telling me to change everything I've said about the bubble being nerfed should be called a bugfix.... when in fact, I've never said that the clicking the buff off should be kept.

That's a bugfix- all the other things being asked for are nerfs- whether you think they're needed nerfs or not is irrelevant, it is a nerf in every way- and it is a nerf that will remove the one useful thing sorcs bring to RWZ, and the one bit of survivability that isn't a piece of cake to counter.

Really- this thread is a bunch of melee whining about sorc CC when that's all sorcs offer- because it sucks to be chain bubbled. I just played a match with three sents, a jugg and two sins- spent 90% of the game stunned or mezzed, and then spent the entirety of my white bar rooted, and rooted, and rooted, and rooted.

Thing is- people here are eager to whine about CC when it'll get another class (in this case, sorcs) nerfed- but point out that the biggest CC class in the game is also the most mobile, has some of the heaviest damage and healer killing abilities, and has the best defensives too; and those same people freak out and start screaming about how anyone who asks for nerfs is a whiner who sucks at the game- again, the exact same people who have spent the last 8 months defending their precious marauders by saying anyone who asks for a nerf sucks are whining nonstop for one of the weakest classes to get a nerf.

Of course- since BW bends over any time marauders ask- this is a nerf that's going to happen, and it'll undoubtedly be huge and break the class so all will be good (there's barely any sorcs left to complain anyway).

Anishor
12.26.2012 , 07:37 PM | #628
I would change the stun to an increase to an increase in dmg reduction on break say 25% for hte current duration of the stun.
Transcendence, Jung Ma
Theoros ( Vengeance *main* ) Theor'os ( Marauder *alt* )
Council
"The Light in the Shadow."

Rincewend
12.26.2012 , 08:17 PM | #629
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
So ask for being clicked off to be fixed- that does sound like a bugfix- but you're telling me to change everything I've said about the bubble being nerfed should be called a bugfix.... when in fact, I've never said that the clicking the buff off should be kept.

That's a bugfix- all the other things being asked for are nerfs- whether you think they're needed nerfs or not is irrelevant, it is a nerf in every way- and it is a nerf that will remove the one useful thing sorcs bring to RWZ, and the one bit of survivability that isn't a piece of cake to counter.

Really- this thread is a bunch of melee whining about sorc CC when that's all sorcs offer- because it sucks to be chain bubbled. I just played a match with three sents, a jugg and two sins- spent 90% of the game stunned or mezzed, and then spent the entirety of my white bar rooted, and rooted, and rooted, and rooted.

Thing is- people here are eager to whine about CC when it'll get another class (in this case, sorcs) nerfed- but point out that the biggest CC class in the game is also the most mobile, has some of the heaviest damage and healer killing abilities, and has the best defensives too; and those same people freak out and start screaming about how anyone who asks for nerfs is a whiner who sucks at the game- again, the exact same people who have spent the last 8 months defending their precious marauders by saying anyone who asks for a nerf sucks are whining nonstop for one of the weakest classes to get a nerf.

Of course- since BW bends over any time marauders ask- this is a nerf that's going to happen, and it'll undoubtedly be huge and break the class so all will be good (there's barely any sorcs left to complain anyway).
fungihoujo has it all correct again, been PVP all week on my sorc on Shadowlands, and at the most I have seen 2-3 others sorc on the imperial side. Where I see 4-6 smashers in every WZ. They nerf this without applying some balance the rest of us will retire our lighting and bubbles and pick up our smash monkeys. I assume this is BW/EA goal, to just have a endless smash fest in every WZ.

DarthRaika
12.26.2012 , 08:22 PM | #630
Not reading all the posts so prob has been said but bubble stun is not OP. However, it can make for boring pvp condidering the resolve system this game has.

This is what we should talk about and ask for it nerfed in this fashion. I think even most people that use it understand it makes for boring pvp.

Best solution imo is to make it caster only and give sorcs that high up in that tree some other boost. Maybe make it do dmg instead of stun when casted on others. Or make it set off a hot on the target (or both).