Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slowpokeking
12.26.2012 , 04:20 PM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Actually, the developers included that because most players, when they're learning content, need better gear than what it was designed for in order to not die horribly. If someone already knows HM LI, they can queue up in pure Tionese and have no problems whatsoever. It's the same reason why the developers want people in Tionese in order to do the baseline HM FPs: even though they're not designed with Tionese in mind, the average new player can't handle them without overgearing them so they have to recommend people overgear them until they actually understand what they're doing (since those tooltips are for new players rather than experienced ones).
Wait, the drops should not base upon new players and the majority but those who already did it and run it for BH comm? It is recommended to go with Columi in the game. How is columi overgearing?

Sure it's totally possible to beat it with Tionese or even companion but most people could not do it nor is it recommended to do, many of these "tionese groups" already beat it before many times with better gear, then try it for a challenge or they only have 1-2 members with tionese in the group, that's a lot different than "it's recommended to do with Tionese". I've run it through with many groups, but pug groups with tionese usually failed horribly in LR-5. Are you saying the drop should base on the elite people rather than new players who are trying it for gear?

Hovergame
12.26.2012 , 04:58 PM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Run LI with columi is not overgearing it, thus the boss should drop something better than it.
Run EC HM with BH/Campaign is overgearing it ? Seriously, I'm getting tired of hearing you. you are bad enough to wipe on LI, even in BH/Campaign, and you don't even understand that goodplayers can do it in Tionese, and you must overgearing it, then whine about hw yo don't get stuff for the achievement.

Good players can do it in Tionese.
Decent players can do it in Columi.
Bad players need more.

Same story for EC HM/NiM and Asation HM. Do you know that EC HM can be done with Rakata without augments ?

Saphra
12.26.2012 , 05:19 PM | #373
Do LI HM with columi is not overgearing it.
As i recall, the first few times I did HM LI, I had a couple pieces of Tionese on, and I think I was able to replace my leg armor, mainhand and chest within a few runs. This was while still learning the place with the group, as it was a new FP. You assume that everyone has farmed all of the T1 HMs for all their Columi before ever setting foot in HM LI. I did not. Several people that i know have not. I did HM LI yesterday with 2 people that needed items from HM LI, and not just the Rakata. They were decent players that had done the place maybe twice before, and they were rewarded for their skill.

Totally different bosses and tactics, that's not practice.
That is why you fail. - Yoda

Learning to respond to mechanics IS great practice. Maybe they're not the exact same mechanics, but you learn to RESPOND to the many "move out of this" mechanics, the interrupt mechanics, and the "do this or die" mechanics.

Slowpokeking
12.26.2012 , 05:23 PM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by Hovergame View Post
Run EC HM with BH/Campaign is overgearing it ? Seriously, I'm getting tired of hearing you. you are bad enough to wipe on LI, even in BH/Campaign, and you don't even understand that goodplayers can do it in Tionese, and you must overgearing it, then whine about hw yo don't get stuff for the achievement.

Good players can do it in Tionese.
Decent players can do it in Columi.
Bad players need more.

Same story for EC HM/NiM and Asation HM. Do you know that EC HM can be done with Rakata without augments ?
OK seriously, why did you switch to EC HM?

Quote:
Tier 2 Hard Mode Flashpoint require gear with an average rating 136 or better(For example, Columi Gear)
Columi is recommended by the group finder in the game, thus do it with Columi is NOT overgearing it , period. How come do Tier 2 HM with Tier 1 HM's drop is overgearing it? Does it make sense at all?

Sure it's possible to do it with Tionese or even companions, but it's not the majority, and these people mostly already did it better gear before, only try it as challenge. Some people can do some OPS with 4 so should it be FP rather than OPS?

Slowpokeking
12.26.2012 , 05:29 PM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by Saphra View Post
As i recall, the first few times I did HM LI, I had a couple pieces of Tionese on, and I think I was able to replace my leg armor, mainhand and chest within a few runs. This was while still learning the place with the group, as it was a new FP. You assume that everyone has farmed all of the T1 HMs for all their Columi before ever setting foot in HM LI. I did not. Several people that i know have not. I did HM LI yesterday with 2 people that needed items from HM LI, and not just the Rakata. They were decent players that had done the place maybe twice before, and they were rewarded for their skill.
Not everyone, but people mostly need columi to beat it and it's what recommended by the Group Finder. I won't tell a player to try it unless he has mostly columi covered. In a pug if a player has several pieces of tionese then we are mostly going to fail horribly, and it's mostly the truth. I never quit in the beginning but it always happens.

What reward? The reward should match the difficulty, so these players get Rakata rather than columi is not reward?

Quote:
That is why you fail. - Yoda

Learning to respond to mechanics IS great practice. Maybe they're not the exact same mechanics, but you learn to RESPOND to the many "move out of this" mechanics, the interrupt mechanics, and the "do this or die" mechanics.
Then try it with SM, not HM, just like Bioware does not let HM TFB drop campaign except the last boss to let people practice. And how is the "practice" affected if they drop rakata?

Saphra
12.26.2012 , 05:36 PM | #376
What reward? The reward should match the difficulty, so these players get Rakata rather than columi is not reward?
What i`m saying is that these people were rewarded with Columi pieces that they did not have, AND a piece of Rakata at the end. Only one piece of gear went to waste in the entire run, and nothing went to companions. If that`s not a reward for skilled players, I`m not sure what more you want.

(Edit) Deleted a reference to WoW, and the loot rewards given by said game. I shouldn't subject anyone to that torture.

Khevar
12.26.2012 , 05:43 PM | #377
Oh really? Let's what the group finder said

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...1&d=1356557140

Why did you people still say it's for Tionese when the GF clearly told us it's columi and it's what most of the players need to do.
Actually, I hadn't seen that before. So that's interesting.

So due to the tireless efforts of people who don't like difficult content, HM LI has been nerfed twice, and now publically stated to suggest Columi gear, against the designers original view.

Soon HM LI will be nerfed again, or you will get what you want with lots of Rakata, and you will slowly turn this game into something that doesn't reward skill.

Then, the ONLY flashpoint that possesses any requirement of skill will have gone the way of the dodo.

I'm saddened and not a little annoyed.

And in Four G*****m Months of arguing in this thread, all my valorous attempts to budge your viewpoint ONE IOTA have been worthless.

Someone else needs to take up the torch. I'm sick of arguing on this point.

Slowpokeking
12.26.2012 , 05:44 PM | #378
Quote: Originally Posted by Saphra View Post
What i`m saying is that these people were rewarded with Columi pieces that they did not have, AND a piece of Rakata at the end. Only one piece of gear went to waste in the entire run, and nothing went to companions.
So if LR-5 and Sav Rak drop Rakata what's gonna to get worse?

Let's make this simple, LI HM is not impossible to beat with Tionese, some people could do it with companions. But the majority need mostly Columi to beat it, especially those who didn't run this FP many many times, if they ran this many times they usually don't need its drop beside the egg/pet/speeder. Columi is the drop from Tier 1 HM, run Tier 2 HM with Tier 1 HM's gear is not overgearing it. And Columi is recommended in the game by the developers.

So since Columi is recommended and it's exactly what most of the people need to beat this FP, and its 3 bosses are on the same level, all of them are significantly more difficult than all Tier 1 HM bosses, require columi to beat usually, and none of them is skippable. Why shouldn't they drop upgrade like Rakata implants/earpieces/relics/bracers/belts to players rather than useless columi?

Slowpokeking
12.26.2012 , 05:50 PM | #379
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post

So due to the tireless efforts of people who don't like difficult content, HM LI has been nerfed twice, and now publically stated to suggest Columi gear, against the designers original view.

Soon HM LI will be nerfed again, or you will get what you want with lots of Rakata, and you will slowly turn this game into something that doesn't reward skill.

Then, the ONLY flashpoint that possesses any requirement of skill will have gone the way of the dodo.

And in Four G*****m Months of arguing in this thread, all my valorous attempts to budge your viewpoint ONE IOTA have been worthless.

I'm not asking Bioware to nerf it, the fight is quite cool and does not take too long if we don't wipe horribly. I don't need anything from it anymore but I still love to try it.

Sure if possible, I hope LR-5 and Lorrick fight can be a bit more friendly to melee DPS.

Saphra
12.26.2012 , 05:55 PM | #380
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post

You, Sir, are a gentleman, a scholar, and a champion for those of us that enjoy challenges. Quitting will only allow the voice of "MOAR EZ DROPZ!" and "OMGZZZ ITS TO HARD!!!" to prevail.