Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Sincere Question from a DPS PvPer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A Sincere Question from a DPS PvPer

CommanderKeeva
12.26.2012 , 03:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by eavn View Post
gunnery commando or arsenal merc dps are best node guards
This reminds me of one incident:

"Guard the node, Mandos are **** for everything else anyway."
"I don't think it's a good idea to send me alone, if a stealther comes I might not last very long."
"You have stealth scan use it."
"Yes but I still don't think it's a good idea."

Pre-typed "inc left" just in case and as expected, 2 Imperials were charging towards me before I could finish capping. Entered "inc left 2" immediately, did my best to stay alive but even so I couldn't last more than 7 or 8 seconds against 2 assassins.

So yeah, want the enemy team to start with 2 turrets? Definitely send a Commando/Merc to your home turret.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

islander
12.26.2012 , 03:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
Its a numbers game. If you don't control 2 nodes, you can't afford to put 2 guards on the node you do control or they will overpower the neutral node, or you won't be able to overpower the 2nd node they control.
Pretty much this.

Absolutely, leave two guarding a node when you control two of three. Or three if it's over long distance (think Alderaan east/west, or Novare south and north/far side).

In fact, a lot of times, if we control two nodes, I'll literally camp out in the middle of them, and get no defense medals at all. Helps when that oh crap moment comes and you can get to help and at least stall them while the others run to help.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Zunayson
12.26.2012 , 04:04 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
Its a numbers game. If you don't control 2 nodes, you can't afford to put 2 guards on the node you do control or they will overpower the neutral node, or you won't be able to overpower the 2nd node they control.
It would be a numbers game if and only if 2 players would, 100% of the time, kill a lone player. This is not the case given the unbalanced state of things and the fact that certain classes suck 1v1, and many other factors.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

CJAShadow
12.26.2012 , 04:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
It would be a numbers game if and only if 2 players would, 100% of the time, kill a lone player. This is not the case given the unbalanced state of things and the fact that certain classes suck 1v1, and many other factors.
While it is true that 2 players wont always kill another player 100% of the time, 2 players should be able to STALL 1 player until 1 dies and that one runs back. Civil War should be like this.

The main problem is that (Rep) players are sometimes idiots and think its smart in their recruit gear to stand next to a healer and get smashed for 6k while the healer is getting pressured. Use CCs/cooldowns/pushes for any class correctly and you can stall/kill any other player 1v1.

I remember defending a node as a healer with a sage dps with me, Sin comes out of stealth on me, we use every cooldown we have against each other in a 20 second fight and the sage simply could not keep up with the fight and does nothing. No bubble, no damage, nothing. I get beaten cause my disappearing act wasnt up and the sage promptly dies in 4 seconds to the Sin, who caps while i just landed.

Bad players will always be bad.... except when they are bubble stun sorcs and smash marauders. My god those classes are easy to play.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin
Cyann- Harbinger