Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Khevar
12.26.2012 , 02:08 PM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
What majority? You are the ONLY PERSON arguing for this here, bring this majority of yours forward, come on.
Well, in Slowpoking's defense, I will say that the majority of players that do HM LI for the first time don't get much in the way of rewards, because they probably overgear it. I just disagree that this is a problem.

1. Overgear it,
2. Get carried through it. or
3. Become a better player.

Let's reward skill.

Slowpokeking
12.26.2012 , 03:19 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
What majority? You are the ONLY PERSON arguing for this here, bring this majority of yours forward, come on.
Are you saying the majority are doing LI HM with Tionese or most of the groups can do LI HM with Tionese?

Slowpokeking
12.26.2012 , 03:26 PM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I just wanted to speak to this one point.

Let me quote Allison from earlier in this thread.

A few pieces of Columi isn't particularly overgeared.

FULL Columi + Rakata Chestpiece + Columi MH is.

The fewer pieces of gear you have, the greater the rewards.

Also:

HM LI was turned for Tionese
HM EV/KP was tuned for Columi
HM EC was tuned for Rakata
HM TfB was turned for Campaign

MOST players, when they're new to level 50 will:

Bring Columi/BH into HM LI
Bring Rakata/BH into HM EV/KP
Bring BH into HM EC
Bring fully Augmented BH/Campaign into HM TfB
Oh really? Let's what the group finder said

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...1&d=1356557140

Quote:
Tier 2 Hard Mode Flashpoint require gear with an average rating 136 or better(For example, Columi Gear)
Why did you people still say it's for Tionese when the GF clearly told us it's columi and it's what most of the players need to do.

Ergecrs
12.26.2012 , 03:28 PM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Are you saying the majority are doing LI HM with Tionese or most of the groups can do LI HM with Tionese?
People have stated that the majority of people that are doing LI HM are over geared and only do it for the BH Coms just like the only reason we do HM FP are once again for the BH Coms. If you do it correctly and get lucky you can get kaon done as a random FP then only have to que for LI HM and you can escentially come away with what 18 coms with two HM FP. Which makes it very much worth the reward.

Slowpokeking
12.26.2012 , 03:30 PM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by Ergecrs View Post
People have stated that the majority of people that are doing LI HM are over geared and only do it for the BH Coms just like the only reason we do HM FP are once again for the BH Coms. If you do it correctly and get lucky you can get kaon done as a random FP then only have to que for LI HM and you can escentially come away with what 18 coms with two HM FP. Which makes it very much worth the reward.
I'm sorry but pls put your mouse to the GF of Tier 2 HM section and see what did it say. I already posted the picture.

Ergecrs
12.26.2012 , 03:33 PM | #366
Oh really? Let's what the group finder said

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...1&d=1356557140

Why did you people still say it's for Tionese when the GF clearly told us it's columi and it's what most of the players need to do.
If you cant take what a Developer of the game stated. Then there is no point even speaking with you about it. The dev clearly stated that it was geared specificly for Tionesse.

Ergecrs
12.26.2012 , 03:35 PM | #367
I'm sorry but pls put your mouse to the GF of Tier 2 HM section and see what did it say. I already posted the picture.
What did you pic have anything to do with the fact that I said the majority of players doing LI HM are over geared for it. The only reason they do it are for the COMS. What did that have anything to do with your pic ?

Slowpokeking
12.26.2012 , 03:37 PM | #368
If you cant take what a Developer of the game stated. Then there is no point even speaking with you about it. The dev clearly stated that it was geared specificly for Tionesse.
Are you saying the introduction in the GF is not works from the developers?

The introduction in the game represents the idea of the dev group right now(1.6 was out like weeks before?), that has more effort than 1 developer said a while ago. And in the game that's what most of the people need to beat the boss.

Slowpokeking
12.26.2012 , 03:40 PM | #369
What did you pic have anything to do with the fact that I said the majority of players doing LI HM are over geared for it. The only reason they do it are for the COMS. What did that have anything to do with your pic ?
Run LI with columi is not overgearing it, thus the boss should drop something better than it.

Kitru
12.26.2012 , 03:52 PM | #370
The introduction in the game represents the idea of the dev group right now(1.6 was out like weeks before?), that has more effort than 1 developer said a while ago. And in the game that's what most of the people need to beat the boss.
Actually, the developers included that because most players, when they're learning content, need better gear than what it was designed for in order to not die horribly. If someone already knows HM LI, they can queue up in pure Tionese and have no problems whatsoever. It's the same reason why the developers want people in Tionese in order to do the baseline HM FPs: even though they're not designed with Tionese in mind, the average new player can't handle them without overgearing them so they have to recommend people overgear them until they actually understand what they're doing (since those tooltips are for new players rather than experienced ones).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.