Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else notice the faster walking, running speed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Anyone else notice the faster walking, running speed?

BaronV
12.26.2012 , 12:47 PM | #1
I have been away from SWTOR for about 2 weeks+ and I came back yesterday I found the game running at a blazing speed.. it was only a little later that I realised im running faster. Changed to walk mode and Im walking at a more realistic and lively pace

I like the new walk speed, but running with sprint on just feels too fast now. its a little disorienting. Maybe it needs getting used to... sure it is called sprint but its not like other games where you would fatigue from sprinting...

Anyone else realise they are walking and running faster??
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Thundergulch
12.26.2012 , 01:38 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
no, seems the same for me and I've been back almost a month.

FlippinFlapJack
12.26.2012 , 01:51 PM | #3
To be honest, 2 of my characters (Oporitive and Sage) do seem to be moving a bit faster. Everyone else is the same though.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

charleston_chew
12.26.2012 , 02:42 PM | #4
I never liked the way sprint looked. Too sped-up looking. The non-sprint run looks more realistic. Too bad everything's so spread out that you have no choice but to sprint everywhere.

bahdasz
12.26.2012 , 03:45 PM | #5
I've actually been suspicious that the two characters that I'm leveling right now seem to be running slower since the last update.

Darth-Rammstein
12.26.2012 , 03:47 PM | #6
speed hack!!!!1!....jk, speed is just fine where it's at.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

ckoneful
12.26.2012 , 04:40 PM | #7
Do you happen to have started playing an Operative? They get a speed boost in talents.

DarthKasadaRhur
12.27.2012 , 07:42 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
I have been away from SWTOR for about 2 weeks+ and I came back yesterday I found the game running at a blazing speed.. it was only a little later that I realised im running faster. Changed to walk mode and Im walking at a more realistic and lively pace

I like the new walk speed, but running with sprint on just feels too fast now. its a little disorienting. Maybe it needs getting used to... sure it is called sprint but its not like other games where you would fatigue from sprinting...

I resubbed about 3 days before F2P started. The only "quirk" that I have encountered is that whenever any of my toons exit a taxi, they begin their trek with what appears to be a River Dance-like motion. Too funny!!!!