Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So. Ninjas yea?


Lord_Erman's Avatar


Lord_Erman
12.26.2012 , 09:00 AM | #21
This is why I try to avoid low level flashpoints alltogether. These kinds of things happen a lot less when you're running a HM flashpoints.

I've seen tanks who were dps spec'ed, I've seen Commando dps's join as healer because it's faster to get a group, I've seen sentinels in Willpower light armor with Cunning gear mixed in between, and heck I even saw a level 22 trooper! Not a commando or vanguard, a level 22 trooper!!

I understand that it takes time for new players to understand and learn the rules, and most of the time I'm a calm person who tries to explain things. But I've seen so many idiots (sorry to say that) and at the end I lost my will to struggle with all those things. Now I'm leveling a Shadow tank and nope, I won't be doing any low level flashpoints.

It's fine to ask the group if you want something for a companion. If everyone is fine with that, you take it and give it to your beloved Qyzen. But please try to remember that those other 3 people are not there to gear up your companions.

Errtai - Jedi Sentinel
<Nexus X> - The Red Eclipse

DataBeaver's Avatar


DataBeaver
12.26.2012 , 10:59 AM | #22
Sort of related: What about needing on crafting schematics or materials in operations? Is it okay to need on a schematic that's for my profession but creates an item that's of no use to myself? Or materials for an item I can't make myself but could hire a crafter to make for me?

VigDiath's Avatar


VigDiath
12.26.2012 , 02:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
Sort of related: What about needing on crafting schematics or materials in operations? Is it okay to need on a schematic that's for my profession but creates an item that's of no use to myself? Or materials for an item I can't make myself but could hire a crafter to make for me?
Just make sure everyone knows you have that profession. I will need it if I'm the only one with that profession in the group. Happens quite often with BioChem and less so with CyberTech or Armormech.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Zarakaar's Avatar


Zarakaar
12.26.2012 , 02:50 PM | #24
So...let's just imagine I want a Power crystal, which isn't available in any weapon available to my class at the 5man tier. If I ask if I'm allowed to roll on other people's tokens to mod rip...do you tell me I can't and brand me a ninja? Do you ninja roll against me? Do you tell me I'm not allowed because you don't think I deserve a shot at the reason I signed up for the run?

If I paid loads of credits it out gear a place, and I just want things for cosmetic reasons or companions, why shouldn't I get my 25% shot to win anything I might want?

VigDiath's Avatar


VigDiath
12.26.2012 , 03:03 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarakaar View Post
So...let's just imagine I want a Power crystal, which isn't available in any weapon available to my class at the 5man tier. If I ask if I'm allowed to roll on other people's tokens to mod rip...do you tell me I can't and brand me a ninja? Do you ninja roll against me? Do you tell me I'm not allowed because you don't think I deserve a shot at the reason I signed up for the run?

If I paid loads of credits it out gear a place, and I just want things for cosmetic reasons or companions, why shouldn't I get my 25% shot to win anything I might want?
You do have the option to break something down instead of selecting need If all you want is a part or component. But some people actually need the actual piece as an upgrade so why deprive them of that for a part or piece that is usually obtainable by questing or class story quests?
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Ergecrs's Avatar


Ergecrs
12.26.2012 , 03:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarakaar View Post
So...let's just imagine I want a Power crystal, which isn't available in any weapon available to my class at the 5man tier. If I ask if I'm allowed to roll on other people's tokens to mod rip...do you tell me I can't and brand me a ninja? Do you ninja roll against me? Do you tell me I'm not allowed because you don't think I deserve a shot at the reason I signed up for the run?

If I paid loads of credits it out gear a place, and I just want things for cosmetic reasons or companions, why shouldn't I get my 25% shot to win anything I might want?
You could buy a power crystal off the GTN. on my server they are about 100k at the most for a 41 and you can prolly find one alot cheaper.

Athena-Nike's Avatar


Athena-Nike
12.26.2012 , 03:34 PM | #27
See there are people that somehow don't get it and will defend need rolling everything....

TheOne's Avatar


TheOne
12.26.2012 , 03:37 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
See there are people that somehow don't get it and will defend need rolling everything....
No , you don't have the right to make a decision on what another player rolls . Do I behave this way ? Sometimes, its my choice not yours.

Athena-Nike's Avatar


Athena-Nike
12.26.2012 , 05:12 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
No , you don't have the right to make a decision on what another player rolls . Do I behave this way ? Sometimes, its my choice not yours.
And this is whats going wrong with the world. People can only think of themselves and not others. Yes you took time to run the FP, you deserve your items, but so did the others that ran it and they deserve theirs just as much. Unless you can solo the FP you NEED THEIR HELP so respect them.

I am not telling you how you HAVE to act just how you should. No I cannot force someone to be thoughtful and courteous but I can encourage that behavior and /kick or /ignore those that wish not to act like human beings and/or adults. That is my choice. So yes you can need roll everything just to be a selfish a** but everyone else in that group can /votekick and/or /ignore you. So ask yourself, is need rolling that one comp item worth missing out on the rest of the FP loot (that you may ACTUALLY NEED) and dealing with ever increasing queue times due to being mass ignored

Zarakaar's Avatar


Zarakaar
12.26.2012 , 06:27 PM | #30
Can't buy a purple power crystal on the GTN. Gotta pull it from non-Warrior Columi gear. I'm not talking about disassembling, which is a variant of a greed roll, I'm talking about taking something to mod-rip because you want the crystal or enhancement (which have no main stat.)

You aren't entitled to every piece of loot with your main stat on it. I wouldn't roll against anyone for a companion, but if I'm running a FP for a specific drop I intend to use, I don't care what other people there feel my priorities should be.