Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glorthox
12.23.2012 , 05:40 PM | #481
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

So no extra chapters in a classes story? Just a lame amount of 5 levels, seriously! Guess bioware is taking page our of WOW's experience by stalling for more time by only increasing the levels by 5 instead of 10. But this would mean they would have to get off their butts and actually try to make a good expansion instead of a stalling tactic...

infedele
12.23.2012 , 08:49 PM | #482
i have afraid ...
old flashpoint revamped to 55...
5 level in 3 day
many daily to farm ("section X" style)
4 datacron maybe 5
1 or 2 ability 5 talent point --> 3+2
and no more .........

it's becoming boring i need more
more event
space mission pvp
cooperative space mission
arena
pazaak
swoop
a duel floor on fleet
a good open pvp
chance to attack different planet faction maybe with a guild ship
different skin tier ... 1 ops -> 1 tier pls
only normal and hard mode ops....nightmare is boring i realt hate repeat 3 times a boss
let normal mode to group finder.
give me more.....and more is differet than FARM
there's realy a galaxy of possibilities....but you are not exploring it

i'm sub from the early access, and i realy hope on the rise of swtor..but you must give us more

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen out of holy writ,
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.
- Shakespeare - Richard III 1, 3
http://imageshack.com/a/img197/3664/uv93.gif

Styxx
12.23.2012 , 10:48 PM | #483
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
So its a second Belsavis or Taris. Included 4-5 main hubs + 3-4 more for bonus. Add fancy "faction-specific storyline", which is basically some mumbo-jumbo that nobody cares about...

As for the fair amount of time.. you can either calculate XP to give 5 levels worth of XP for all content - which means basically calculating the amount of xp needed/awarded per mob / quest + heroics, or whatever levels you want to force us to "grind" flashpoints/ops for level cap.

So, basically, you ask us to pay for another Belsavis / Taris / Hoth.

Now, please do come in here and explain to me why am I wrong, with clear specifics, so we can compare what you say with what we`ll see in the actual "expansion".

Also, if my game is not running from planet to planet eating all the useless content... what else have you got for me? Anything "end-game" related in there?
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Devlonir
12.24.2012 , 01:33 AM | #484
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
Just wait. Once they find out the "new ability" is an ability the current NPC's already have.
Wait... you mean like.. Frostfirebolt? :-)
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Devlonir
12.24.2012 , 01:39 AM | #485
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyOldMystic View Post
For now they will receive no money from me for a pre order, unless they show me something special, and out of the ordinary for this expansion.
And this is the best way to show you feel unhappy with the amount of content announced so far for RotHC. Not pages and pages of whine and entitlement so many other posters have shown in this thread.

Bravo you crazy old mystic, for being one of the few with something against this thing who is showing some clear decency and intelligence.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

ufarax
12.24.2012 , 01:17 PM | #486
"Unable to retrieve server list. Please follow the help center link below for more information" This was my Christmas gift from EAWARE. And they are trying to sell an "expansion pack". Can the defenders defend this...please try, I dare you.

SickTag
12.24.2012 , 01:30 PM | #487
FIx the game then we can talk about BUYING new expacs But seriously, I don't think the planet is THAT big. 4 areas to do quests in like all other planets? Probably. Oh and world pvp. Herms.

Bomyne
12.26.2012 , 11:39 AM | #488
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.
When Trials of Obiwan dropped, Sony simply gave SWG players one planet. When Burning Crusade dropped, Blizzard simply gave players one planet.

This is what MMO companies have been doing for years. I don't see what's wrong with it.
RIP Star Wars
1976-2014

#BoycottEpisode7

Bhemont
12.26.2012 , 11:45 AM | #489
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.
Please for the love of all that is the force, DO NOT listen to this badger! He knows not what he has done!

One big planet with several zones is so much better then 10 planets which equals one zone each. Think about it OP and others that agree with the badger, it's pretty much what ruined the game in the first place, to feel isolated in one zone all alone with only 4 people around you, and everything seems desolated like a bad case of a wasteland in the Fallout series. Boooh badger, go awai and repent your sins evil demon! You heathen blasphemer!
Proud owner of the CE Imperial Agent since day one
- Red Zone

Glorthox
12.26.2012 , 11:48 AM | #490
Quote: Originally Posted by byteresistor View Post
You don't know how big Makeb is. Stop with the damn hyperbole.
Well guess what, no matter what people speculate people usually go through a planet in about an hour and they bigger planets maybe 4-5 hours. A 5 level increase just shows me that the planet is going to be small enough to just add more daily crap, more of same looking gear and weapons, and 1 Fp, 1 opt and 1 more pvp thing. So YES it is nothing more than a content patch and not an expansion. So if anything subscribers shouldn't have to pay whereas the F2P should have to. Most who are defending this so called "expansion" are being nothing but optimists. Just face facts, this new content seems like a rush job considering they have all of these outstanding bugs already they have yet to fix and yet focus more on the cartel market than anything else....