Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To shield or not to shield

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To shield or not to shield

Smashbrother
12.25.2012 , 05:48 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
You sir are obviously not pvping or have never player a tank assassin with dps gear.
Well my sin is only 49, but shielding gives you lower shroud cd and you have that talent that inc shield chance. Hybrid tankasin is about surviving the other guy, not out dpsing them.

But the real answer to the OP's question is, it depends on enemy comp. Are they mostly white damage classes (lots of snipers, combat sents, vig guardians, deception sins, etc?) or are the mostly yellow damage classes. Use a shield when the enemies have a lot of white damage classes.

Evolixe
12.25.2012 , 07:10 PM | #42
Hybrid spec is for soloing things and making life easy on your fellow allies. Survival is important but does not fall in line with your main objective. Taking a node on your own must be done as swiftly as posseble, to finish the enemy off and cap the node before reinforcements can even arrive. A shield generator does not help you here.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

stephenalandavie
12.25.2012 , 11:30 PM | #43
Its a good class but by no means op. I have been beaten by most classes when well played, As i am sure most shadows have.

vimm
12.26.2012 , 12:04 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Its a good class but by no means op. I have been beaten by most classes when well played, As i am sure most shadows have.
I consider Assassin/Shadow Tank/DPS hybrid to be the most OP spec in the game, lol.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

TonyDragonflame
12.26.2012 , 03:05 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
I consider Assassin/Shadow Tank/DPS hybrid to be the most OP spec in the game, lol.
^ this.
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

stephenalandavie
12.26.2012 , 06:52 AM | #46
Hardly, Dont get me wrong it is a brilliant class and spec, Its just is has to be well played it is not a facerolling class. I have seen operatives burn down shadows when they come out of stealth.

Shadows Were already Nerfed some patches back, they had their armor rating decreased and healing abilities decreased so they become negligible.

Since when does a shadow have an Aoe hit for 6.5k? I could keep going on but i need to eat

_Zhatan_
12.26.2012 , 08:57 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Hardly, Dont get me wrong it is a brilliant class and spec, Its just is has to be well played it is not a facerolling class. I have seen operatives burn down shadows when they come out of stealth.

Shadows Were already Nerfed some patches back, they had their armor rating decreased and healing abilities decreased so they become negligible.

Since when does a shadow have an Aoe hit for 6.5k? I could keep going on but i need to eat
Mi Aoe is 4,5k Deathfield (Recklessness-ed) followed of a + 3900 +1475 shock and coming from Stealth so ..I think is a really nice opening for a tankasin. (the best opening is spike+electrocute+deathfield+shock)

The operatives coming from stealth is also awesome, really annyoning.
SWG----------------- 8 years played, 7 active accounts at June 2011.
SWTOR------------- 6 months played. BACK ONLY FOR PATCHS .

BW...Something is failing here, don't you think?

TheBabyEater
12.26.2012 , 09:28 AM | #48
After this thread I went ahead and bought a shield generator to test it out.

My spec is 27/0/14 with optimized dps gear.

TBH I don't see that much higher survival rate than when I was using focus generator, granted I play the greasy snake style where I LOS all the time and I'm pretty self sufficient when it comes to healing, maybe if you don't have as good gear as I have a generator is the better choise.

cycao
12.26.2012 , 09:39 AM | #49
Thankfully most people don't play the spec correctly.

NoTomorrow
12.26.2012 , 09:46 AM | #50
Since sniper population is so damn low, shield is quite worthless.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.