Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Zaxem
12.26.2012 , 04:08 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
MIght only take 5 mins to kill one boss now add that to having 8 alts, then its alot of time wasted
not everyone does it on every character but i do see your point
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Griad
12.26.2012 , 04:09 AM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by Nucairion View Post
when i got my vanguard to 50 i had near enoguh full columi from running fps in 2 days then i had 4 peices of bh gear in 4 days having done all dailies all rad weekly and some capain gear from hm ec. in less in 2 weeks i had 3 dread guard peices. im just saying that u gear up quicker running fps and ops that skiping them and getting hands on mods

i am saying 4 weeks considering its your first level 50, off course you can do it much faster with a few level 50 toons.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Icestar
12.26.2012 , 06:27 AM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Nucairion View Post
slight problem you can gear up quicker than 4 weeks doing fps everyday. or if u have guild crafters that can craft 61/63 mods and such u can jsut use your bh comms to get campaign armours for set bonuses
Not everyone has a guild that can provide good mods and gear OR the credits to buy from the GTN so that discussion belongs in another thread ( perhaps the crew skill forum )

Icestar
12.26.2012 , 06:37 AM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake
If you can skip bosses you should, if you know you need something from that boss then say that to your group if they are skipping it and they will naturally kill it, if not, just pull and they have to kill it
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
That's it!

I don't understanding all the whining and crying over this. Just do as above and case closed.
It is not as simple as that, if it were things would be fine. What this 26 pages, 253 posts and 14,487 views thread discuss is the phenomenon of bosskilling in SWTOR. RikHar, I suggest you read through some of it before you dismiss it as whining and crying.

The only way to make things better is to discuss in a constructive way and provide feedback to Bioware. Time will tell if they care, even if they do not change their current FPs they might use this feedback for future creations.

Ephesia
12.26.2012 , 06:40 AM | #255
First of all it's much easier to get gear in operations than flashpoints. I have witnessed it first hand when I first leveled to 50. Let's not forget that SM operations are also very forgiving and very easy to learn. But just to be safe anyone can check some websites to get basic idea of what each boss is about. Someone in full Tionese can easily complete it, especialy in pug circumstances where you will also have a few geared and experienced people going as well. I disagree with your opinion on this Icestar. But even so if the flashpoint bosses have a direct upgrade for a Tionese geared people, I don't mind killing them -- But I will always reserme my right to refuse killing them too.

I do disagree that having forced to kill every boss by mechanics in a flashpoint would suddenly make a lot of people stop doing flashpoints, it would remove some people but I don't think it would be too much. With the potential to get 35 BH comms a week - not to mention the FP weeklies, flashpoint will continue to be done by geared people, just lesser than it used to before. Slowly people who are done with BiS'ing their gear (like me) stop doing HM fp's altogether. I am full DG now I haven't been going to any hard modes for 2 weeks now.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Icestar
12.26.2012 , 06:49 AM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
First of all it's much easier to get gear in operations than flashpoints. I have witnessed it first hand when I first leveled to 50. Let's not forget that SM operations are also very forgiving and very easy to learn. But just to be safe anyone can check some websites to get basic idea of what each boss is about. Someone in full Tionese can easily complete it, especialy in pug circumstances where you will also have a few geared and experienced people going as well. I disagree with your opinion on this Icestar. But even so if the flashpoint bosses have a direct upgrade for a Tionese geared people, I don't mind killing them -- But I will always reserme my right to refuse killing them too.
This thread is about HM flashpoints, that is why I donīt go into detail discussing how easy or not it is to get gear in operations. Feel free to start a thread of your own how everyone should skip HMs and go directly to operations since it is so much better according to you.

I do disagree that having forced to kill every boss by mechanics in a flashpoint would suddenly make a lot of people stop doing flashpoints, it would remove some people but I don't think it would be too much. With the potential to get 35 BH comms a week - not to mention the FP weeklies, flashpoint will continue to be done by geared people, just lesser than it used to before. Slowly people who are done with BiS'ing their gear (like me) stop doing HM fp's altogether. I am full DG now I haven't been going to any hard modes for 2 weeks now.
This thread is NOT about killing every boss in a flashpoint it is about bosskipping of the mobs players need to kill for loot. Even in Taral V there is a final boss that players skip eventhough he drops columni and players needs to beg the team for a bosskill.

Please leave operations out of this thread since it is off-topic

Ephesia
12.26.2012 , 06:59 AM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
This thread is about HM flashpoints, that is why I donīt go into detail discussing how easy or not it is to get gear in operations. Feel free to start a thread of your own how everyone should skip HMs and go directly to operations since it is so much better according to you.

This thread is NOT about killing every boss in a flashpoint it is about bosskipping of the mobs players need to kill for loot. Even in Taral V there is a final boss that players skip eventhough he drops columni and players needs to beg the team for a bosskill.

Please leave operations out of this thread since it is off-topic
Quite ironic this is coming from you, I responded to your opinion one page ago about operations loot. I DID NOT bring up that topic. And this topic is not about killing every boss in a flashpoint? Ha. hahahahahahahhahahaha. You have been arguing FOR this for many pages now, your starting to become completely ridiculous.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Icestar
12.26.2012 , 07:26 AM | #258
Quite ironic this is coming from you, I responded to your opinion one page ago about operations loot. I DID NOT bring up that topic. And this topic is not about killing every boss in a flashpoint? Ha. hahahahahahahhahahaha. You have been arguing FOR this for many pages now, your starting to become completely ridiculous.
Sorry, my bad your username is to close to Ergecrs that I DID have this discussion with.

A bit confusing trying to remember what all debaters want and what they are trying to say

By the way, I have not argued that all bosses should be killed only the ones the players need to kill. If a system is needed for that be my guest but there should not be a gamebreaking ingame discussion around it.

Ergecrs
12.26.2012 , 08:32 AM | #259
There has always been some kind of mobskipping in either small or large scale in flashpoints but the latest trend is simply wrong.

It seems that teams doing flashpoints skip some of the bosses and have no respect for the ones that are signing up to get better gear.

Please respect the players that join flashpoints with groupfinder to gear up, it is enough to wait for ages for them to pop.

Alternatively Bioware could make the flashpoint not complete unless all bosses are dead (the way it should be)Thoughts?

Is it fair to ignore players in the team that needs gear and steamroll through the flashpoint not listening at all?
Just incase you forgot my friend. You have clearly stated that you think Bioware should make it where you can not skip any of the bosses. I changed the color red underlined it Italicized and bolded it to refresh your memory of your opening statement.

Ergecrs
12.26.2012 , 08:34 AM | #260
Sorry, my bad your username is to close to Ergecrs that I DID have this discussion with.

A bit confusing trying to remember what all debaters want and what they are trying to say

By the way, I have not argued that all bosses should be killed only the ones the players need to kill. If a system is needed for that be my guest but there should not be a gamebreaking ingame discussion around it.

You have in your op as I posted above this. The people that skip 90% have no problem helping those that want to kill a boss. What WE are arguing about its not to take away the ability to skip if we are RUNNING with Like Minded People.