Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Hood On/Off Toggle?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Hood On/Off Toggle?
 

ShinyRedKnight's Avatar


ShinyRedKnight
12.24.2012 , 09:13 PM | #911
I honestly don't understand why this is such an issue. I mean, they have created hood down armors, yet put all the Jedi ones on the market for around $15. And they still haven't added hood toggle to the game, despite this thread being up for a year now. I've stopped playing my Jedi Knight, mostly due to this. When I spend tens, if not hundreds of hours with one character, details like this become very important. If every time I look at my character and am annoyed at the design, I won't invest anymore time in that character. That's why other MMOs, like WoW, can charge so much for race change, even customization- the aesthetic matters.

jrnuke's Avatar


jrnuke
12.26.2012 , 03:24 AM | #912
I just started playing a few days ago and at first my JK wore armor without hoods. Then when I progressed, I got hooded armor that had better stats and I thought "OK, let's give it a try". But now it seems to me that hood just kills the enjoyment of all dialogues as I can barely see my character's face. I really hoped that I'll find better armor without hood but after reading that thread it seems there's a problem with that. Too bad, I guess I have to start another class char.

MimicUnleashed's Avatar


MimicUnleashed
12.26.2012 , 03:30 AM | #913
It just pulls you out of the scenes so much. Not to mention that when we asked for the hood-down armor from the splash screen we asked for the EXISTING robe to have the hood down, not some trench coat with body armor. Then factor in that they INTENTIONALLY put 2 hoods on Revan's chest piece (the hood down from Maelstrom and the hood up shoulder-wrap-towel-pool-noodle thing) just made it worse. Now for Marauders I KNOW I want a hood-up version of the Jedi Myrmidon robe. That would be amazing. Even a few of the Juggernaut ones. But neither side has been thrown a bone here.

There's no winning. And honestly I'm contemplating waiting for Marvel Online just because I KNOW they wont screw up iconic looks.
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
Show me on the doll where Bioware touched you
Never Forget
Never Surrender

WaywardOne's Avatar


WaywardOne
12.26.2012 , 06:21 PM | #914
Quote: Originally Posted by MimicUnleashed View Post
It just pulls you out of the scenes so much. Not to mention that when we asked for the hood-down armor from the splash screen we asked for the EXISTING robe to have the hood down, not some trench coat with body armor. Then factor in that they INTENTIONALLY put 2 hoods on Revan's chest piece (the hood down from Maelstrom and the hood up shoulder-wrap-towel-pool-noodle thing) just made it worse. Now for Marauders I KNOW I want a hood-up version of the Jedi Myrmidon robe. That would be amazing. Even a few of the Juggernaut ones. But neither side has been thrown a bone here.

There's no winning. And honestly I'm contemplating waiting for Marvel Online just because I KNOW they wont screw up iconic looks.
CoX had an almost limitless variety of costumes; I could sit for hours in their costume designer. RIP CoX (and "boo" Champion's). In Marvel Online it looks like you're stuck playing an actual marvel hero/villain (not inventing your own variation) - not too interested.

I agree that many of the cut scenes in this game are bad with hoods and it is mind boggling that we're now paying lots of extra $ for a hood down option (I see a smiley face in the Indian design/pattern they put on the butt of the Aspiring Knight's vest - can't wear it without feeling way too goofy).

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
12.26.2012 , 07:42 PM | #915
Well... Makeb is the only chance. It is the only major patch since 1.2, to be honest...
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

MimicUnleashed's Avatar


MimicUnleashed
12.31.2012 , 05:35 PM | #916
Well there is one spot of bright news coming our way, Alec. A few more pages and we HAVE to get a yellow post on this thread. Ya know. Re-opening it so we can keep asking for a yellow post, but still. I'm looking forward to the irony.
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
Show me on the doll where Bioware touched you
Never Forget
Never Surrender

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
12.31.2012 , 05:41 PM | #917
Quote: Originally Posted by MimicUnleashed View Post
Well there is one spot of bright news coming our way, Alec. A few more pages and we HAVE to get a yellow post on this thread. Ya know. Re-opening it so we can keep asking for a yellow post, but still. I'm looking forward to the irony.
Well, then let's make it happen!

Here is some bad news. First actual character creation screen set made it to the CM. The Sith Raider one is actually a Warrior character creation armor set... I have a bad feeling about the Jedi Knight one...
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
12.31.2012 , 05:47 PM | #918
Quote: Originally Posted by MimicUnleashed View Post
Well there is one spot of bright news coming our way, Alec. A few more pages and we HAVE to get a yellow post on this thread. Ya know. Re-opening it so we can keep asking for a yellow post, but still. I'm looking forward to the irony.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but they don't close threads that go over a hundred pages anymore. Also, didn't the hood Toggle thread in General get one or two posts from Mr. Gonzalez?

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
12.31.2012 , 06:00 PM | #919
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but they don't close threads that go over a hundred pages anymore. Also, didn't the hood Toggle thread in General get one or two posts from Mr. Gonzalez?
Those said nothing. "Oh, it's so hard to implement we had to put it farther on the priority list. But it helped us to develop companion head slot toggle and unify colour."

No ETA, not any work in progress details. Nothing.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
12.31.2012 , 06:08 PM | #920
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Those said nothing. "Oh, it's so hard to implement we had to put it farther on the priority list. But it helped us to develop companion head slot toggle and unify colour."

No ETA, not any work in progress details. Nothing.
Maybe they're trying to make hoods that work for Twi'leks as well?

._. They'll just chop off my lekku again.