Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Joushigun
12.25.2012 , 09:11 PM | #4441
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
You could always just mess around in the character creator for a while, maybe?

If you need any support though, just say
Thanks

It's just....scary. I wish I knew why men make me want to hide and cry.

That's actually wrong....I have a good idea, but I'm not sure why I have a bunch of memories that shouldn't be there at all.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

MoobooMagoo
12.25.2012 , 10:19 PM | #4442
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
I had lactose free eggnog. It wasn't bad. I'm just having trouble dealing with an idea. I've wondered if I could confront my androphobia by making and playing a male character, but I'm not sure right now.
That sounds like a good idea. I know that with 'irrational' fears like this one it could go either way, really, but I think it would be worth a shot, and I hope it helps!
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

VelvetSanity
12.25.2012 , 10:44 PM | #4443
Thanks

It's just....scary. I wish I knew why men make me want to hide and cry.

That's actually wrong....I have a good idea, but I'm not sure why I have a bunch of memories that shouldn't be there at all.
Ick. I hope you can get past the fear. I myself am a RL male who plays ONLY female characters (who tend to prefer the company of other girls), for a number of reasons I won't go into here...and I've been involved in RP for a long time (though mostly tabletop games. I haven't had much luck in finding RP in MMOs). I can say that some guys aren't worth giving the time of day to, but many are decent people (if a bit incomprehensible and too often fixated on things like sports. I've never understood that part, myself...but people in general tend to be confusing to me).
Pre-CU Bria refugee
www.therepopulation.com - sandbox MMO currently in alpha
classless, levelless, 3 playable factions, it even has ENTERTAINERS!
EA/BW: Thanks for the SGR update. Please tell us if timetables change again

Evolution
12.25.2012 , 11:22 PM | #4444
Well I've reached the limit that I can progress my characters' storylines without SGRs. And in a story based MMO, if you don't have story, what do you have?
I had continued to subscribe for a few months stuck in this limbo, but no more. If I can't play, then I won't pay. Moments ago I cancelled my subscription, BW will not get another cent from me until this issue is addressed.

I wish you all the best of luck, keep up the fight.

Lent_San
12.26.2012 , 12:09 AM | #4445
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post

You guys are great! I'm absorbing all the conversation and learning a bunch as I go. Too bad I probably won't play the ME series; it looks more like a FPS with roleplaying elements. I'm not really into FPS'..
Ooh, wow *coughs*, how am I gonna make this on topic...

I seriously suggest to reconsider. ME has the most amazing story, spanning over three games (so far), and the combat element is really negligent, believe me. I'm not into FPS either and I loved it. I ended up loving this more than I expected, more than DA (never thought this could be possible), and the game has even had me crying here and there. You'd really miss out on a great experience, a true Bioware gem that you could only wish would stand as an example for SWTOR, writing-wise... I'd recommend playing at least ME3, since ME1 may look a little old-ish and ME2 is a little more action oriented than both other games. The full experience of it is really worth playing through all of them though.

Especially ME3 has been mentioned a few times as an example how companions can turn out with a sexuality different than previously perceived and still be believable. If they adopted this model for SWTOR, I really think having some of our favourite comps as SGR options could be quite possible. I'm looking at you, Corso....

On a different note, merry Christmas everyone! Gonna have go to work now, yeah, life sucks at times.

Joushigun
12.26.2012 , 12:47 AM | #4446
I wanted to thank everyone for the encouragement

I made a male bounty hunter. Weird part is....the first interaction I had with a male NPC...I guess I got into character too much.

I looked for the flirt dialogue

Sigh...I'm hopeless.

On the other hand....if Doctor Who can have interspecies lesbian romances- why can't TOR!
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Kioma
12.26.2012 , 12:55 AM | #4447
On the other hand....if Doctor Who can have interspecies lesbian romances- why can't TOR!
While I do love Star Wars, TOR has quite a long way to go before it's as awesome as Doctor Who. The Christmas Special airs in Australia in about an hour and a half and I'm far more eagerly anticipating that than I am any TOR expansion.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Joushigun
12.26.2012 , 01:00 AM | #4448
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
While I do love Star Wars, TOR has quite a long way to go before it's as awesome as Doctor Who. The Christmas Special airs in Australia in about an hour and a half and I'm far more eagerly anticipating that than I am any TOR expansion.
Well, since this isn't spoilers or anything...Vastra and Jenny are great

I did steal one thing Vastra says to make into my sig, though.

I can't help but think that the BW-Austin team made some bad mistakes early on. I don't see any reason why we can't play, say, Rodian and Trandoshian.

Palar
12.26.2012 , 01:02 AM | #4449
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Huh... and I was just going to watch because I'm bored. Wasn't even aware of those characters.

VelvetSanity
12.26.2012 , 03:43 AM | #4450
I can't help but think that the BW-Austin team made some bad mistakes early on. I don't see any reason why we can't play, say, Rodian and Trandoshian.
Or wookiees, mon cal, ithorians, or bothans, while we're bringing up playable species in SWG
Pre-CU Bria refugee
www.therepopulation.com - sandbox MMO currently in alpha
classless, levelless, 3 playable factions, it even has ENTERTAINERS!
EA/BW: Thanks for the SGR update. Please tell us if timetables change again