Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why can Sins combat stealth then use out of combat healing infront of you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why can Sins combat stealth then use out of combat healing infront of you?

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.25.2012 , 04:25 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
This...and you have to realize being able to leave combat is part of the stealth classes toolkit. If you told me (Deception Assassin) I can't use my vanish, I'd have to say you can't use rail shot or force scream or whatever is important to your class.

It refreshes my damage reduction/force regen and finishes the cooldown on blackout. I use and abuse force cloak every chance I get.
He's not saying you can't use vanish, he's saying it's "cheap" to mezz opponent and use OOC heal after using vanish.

I feel that is cheap too, but if I didn't set any rules before dueling, that's my fault.

Rynis's Avatar


Rynis
12.25.2012 , 04:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
He's not saying you can't use vanish, he's saying it's "cheap" to mezz opponent and use OOC heal after using vanish.

I feel that is cheap too, but if I didn't set any rules before dueling, that's my fault.
Alrighty, I see what you're saying. IMO it's not cheap, it's using the class to its full potential.

The fact is, if you go up against a stealth class then YOU KNOW he has the ability to do this. If you use your cc break on anything other than a sap/heal it's on you.

But like you said, definitely set/agree on rules beforehand.

Edit: Would it also be cheap for a merc to use their 8 second combat cc and heal up or an operative to flashbang and heal up?

Envyyyyyyy's Avatar


Envyyyyyyy
12.25.2012 , 05:04 PM | #13
It's not cheap if you are given a counter. YOUR CC BREAK. Since YOU wasted YOUR CC break on something else, or have it on cool down. That is YOUR fault. I have multiple 50s in full war hero I pvp on... I do this on my shadow all the time. However It's ONLY possible to do if my vanish is up, if they've already used their CC, and if its a true 1v1.

What's even better is if you do this to someone, heal back up, pop a medpack, and then stun them again with a combat stun and work them down.

Shadow's/Assassin's are some of the strongest 1v1 classes .... be very careful when using your cc break etc agaginst them.

Coming on here and complaining about this only shows people you're not an experienced player, thus giving your opinion no real merit.

Just save your CC break and when they do this, break the cc and kill them. They won't be able to vanish again for awhile so you'll be able to get the kill.
Vital (Shadow) Mondavi (Guardian) Midnight (Sage) Lavado (sorcerer) Enviously (Vanguard) Avaya (Operative) Anderson (Sentinel)
Thats No Moon (Founder / GM)

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.25.2012 , 06:07 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
Alrighty, I see what you're saying. IMO it's not cheap, it's using the class to its full potential.

The fact is, if you go up against a stealth class then YOU KNOW he has the ability to do this. If you use your cc break on anything other than a sap/heal it's on you.

But like you said, definitely set/agree on rules beforehand.

Edit: Would it also be cheap for a merc to use their 8 second combat cc and heal up or an operative to flashbang and heal up?
Those things keep you both in combat so they can't use OOC heals. That's fine.

thefishdude's Avatar


thefishdude
12.25.2012 , 06:51 PM | #15
All I read here was, "QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ, nerf sins."
Forum Warrior Apprentice

Rynis's Avatar


Rynis
12.25.2012 , 06:56 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Those things keep you both in combat so they can't use OOC heals. That's fine.
In both situations the result is the same (1 person stunned the other back to full heatlh), so I honestly don't understand why it matters if you are out of combat or not.

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.25.2012 , 07:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
In both situations the result is the same (1 person stunned the other back to full heatlh), so I honestly don't understand why it matters if you are out of combat or not.
It's not the same. OOC combat is free to use and restores your resource. A healer using his CC and healing himself doesn't regain his resource AND hp.

What's considered cheap just depends on people. Some people consider using grenades in duels cheap. Or companions and the legacy abilities.

This is why I say set rules before dueling.

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
12.25.2012 , 07:41 PM | #18
I honestly laugh when people complain about me using my abilities.

Simply rogue n' bandage tactics.

Carry on now.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
Army of One

Cial's Avatar


Cial
12.25.2012 , 07:59 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
It's not the same. OOC combat is free to use and restores your resource. A healer using his CC and healing himself doesn't regain his resource AND hp.

What's considered cheap just depends on people. Some people consider using grenades in duels cheap. Or companions and the legacy abilities.

This is why I say set rules before dueling.
Pretty much this.

However, mmo convention would definitely label this cheesy in a dueling environment. It's an I-Win that takes advantage of a loophole in combat break. Similarly how pots and other consumables are frowned upon in duels, unless they are agreed upon before the match.
Cialy - Mara
Cial - Sorc
The Bastion

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
12.25.2012 , 08:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cial View Post
Pretty much this.

However, mmo convention would definitely label this cheesy in a dueling environment. It's an I-Win that takes advantage of a loophole in combat break. Similarly how pots and other consumables are frowned upon in duels, unless they are agreed upon before the match.
Ya I dueled all the time in WoW, and it was generally agreed upon that pots, OOC healing, grenades, and abilities with over 15min cd weren't to be used.