Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
12.25.2012 , 04:41 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Ergecrs View Post
Not to mention alot more gear drops in the ops then the FP's !!!!
Let me understand you correctly?

You actually say that a new player should equip Tionese, ignore to do any heroic flashpoints and go straight to operations?

I canīt even begin to comprehend how much complications that would bring, especially both lack of experience and lack of gear.

It might work if a guild carries you through or a pickupgroup has a good day and actually copes with you but in general that would end in disaster.

I do not believe that is a good way to start out endgame playing for anyone.

Now, please back to the topic regarding hardmode flashpoints

RikHar's Avatar


RikHar
12.25.2012 , 05:30 PM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
If you can skip bosses you should, if you know you need something from that boss then say that to your group if they are skipping it and they will naturally kill it, if not, just pull and they have to kill it



That's it!

I don't understanding all the whining and crying over this. Just do as above and case closed.

ZeroPlus's Avatar


ZeroPlus
12.26.2012 , 02:56 AM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
If you can skip bosses you should, if you know you need something from that boss then say that to your group if they are skipping it and they will naturally kill it, if not, just pull and they have to kill it
That's it!

I don't understanding all the whining and crying over this. Just do as above and case closed.
You should try this in Battle of Ilum sometime and then come back here and tell us how it worked out for you.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Nucairion's Avatar


Nucairion
12.26.2012 , 03:20 AM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by Twolightsabers View Post
No it's not wrong. If you want to see the story, do all bosses, etc then go in guild. BW just introduced a welfare system as it is giving all 50's a free set of Tier 1 gear that most of us had to work for back in the day. It's fascinating to see people who think skippers "have no respect" for them, yet have zero issue with making people who have done these FPs dozens of times and need nothing but the comms sit through every convo without spacebaring, kill literally every extraeneous mob and do obsolete bosses for gear that's made redundant or worse by the new welfare system.

Making a FP incomplete until all bosses are dead is both a joke and an insult. What happens when you get a group of horrid pugs (don't laugh, they're out there in droves with F2P now) who can't kill a boss? Then you're just ff-d. Hard as it may be to believe, some people don't have a ton of time to spend grinding the same FPs over and over and some have to do several a day and don't want it to be an all day extravaganza.

You want thoughts so here's one: how about those players who have done said FPs more times then they can count automatically receive 5 BH comms upon logging in once per day? It eliminates the need for them to carry people and allows you to do the FPs with like-minded and poorly-geared people who can then kill anything and everything that moves till your heart's content. Everybody wins!
if you want to see story then do story mode fps not hard mode. in hm people want the quickest route to end fp to get gear and move on. ppl just dont give a dam about story in HM FP'S. and no people shouldnt be given 5 bh comms every day. takes away the point of earning wot u want to get
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies

Griad's Avatar


Griad
12.26.2012 , 03:30 AM | #245
I think that if BW decides to make the players have to kill all the bosses chances are you will wait alot longer for FP pop as people who already have gear and only do it for the coms will not waste time doin the group finder.

I personally dont wanna do all the bosses not even on my fresh 50 toons and especialy bonus bosses where you have to kill certain amount of trash to get them its just a waste of time. i usually have a full columi set ready when my alts get to 50 from the random last boss drops.

Starting your gear progression with heroics and dailys is just not the best way to spend your time, get your free tionese set, start building the BH coms and outfit you tionese set with 61 mods can be done in a very short time around 4 weeks and you can be best in slot 61 mods.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Zaxem's Avatar


Zaxem
12.26.2012 , 03:33 AM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
I think that if BW decides to make the players have to kill all the bosses chances are you will wait alot longer for FP pop as people who already have gear and only do it for the coms will not waste time doin the group finder.

I personally dont wanna do all the bosses not even on my fresh 50 toons and especialy bonus bosses where you have to kill certain amount of trash to get them its just a waste of time. i usually have a full columi set ready when my alts get to 50 from the random last boss drops.

Starting your gear progression with heroics and dailys is just not the best way to spend your time, get your free tionese set, start building the BH coms and outfit you tionese set with 61 mods can be done in a very short time around 4 weeks and you can be best in slot.
as long as you don't have to do the bonus bosses i'm fine. I would like however it to be mandatory to kill those few bosses you can skip because it takes what 5 extra minutes at the most to kill it
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Griad's Avatar


Griad
12.26.2012 , 03:36 AM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
as long as you don't have to do the bonus bosses i'm fine. I would like however it to be mandatory to kill those few bosses you can skip because it takes what 5 extra minutes at the most to kill it
MIght only take 5 mins to kill one boss now add that to having 8 alts, then its alot of time wasted
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Nucairion's Avatar


Nucairion
12.26.2012 , 03:49 AM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
I think that if BW decides to make the players have to kill all the bosses chances are you will wait alot longer for FP pop as people who already have gear and only do it for the coms will not waste time doin the group finder.

I personally dont wanna do all the bosses not even on my fresh 50 toons and especialy bonus bosses where you have to kill certain amount of trash to get them its just a waste of time. i usually have a full columi set ready when my alts get to 50 from the random last boss drops.

Starting your gear progression with heroics and dailys is just not the best way to spend your time, get your free tionese set, start building the BH coms and outfit you tionese set with 61 mods can be done in a very short time around 4 weeks and you can be best in slot 61 mods.
slight problem you can gear up quicker than 4 weeks doing fps everyday. or if u have guild crafters that can craft 61/63 mods and such u can jsut use your bh comms to get campaign armours for set bonuses
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies

Griad's Avatar


Griad
12.26.2012 , 03:53 AM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by Nucairion View Post
slight problem you can gear up quicker than 4 weeks doing fps everyday. or if u have guild crafters that can craft 61/63 mods and such u can jsut use your bh comms to get campaign armours for set bonuses
True but not everyone have millions of credits for the 61/63 mods so still a reasonable time frame i would say is 4 weeks give or take a few days
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Nucairion's Avatar


Nucairion
12.26.2012 , 03:57 AM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
True but not everyone have millions of credits for the 61/63 mods so still a reasonable time frame i would say is 4 weeks give or take a few days
when i got my vanguard to 50 i had near enoguh full columi from running fps in 2 days then i had 4 peices of bh gear in 4 days having done all dailies all rad weekly and some capain gear from hm ec. in less in 2 weeks i had 3 dread guard peices. im just saying that u gear up quicker running fps and ops that skiping them and getting hands on mods
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies