Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why can Sins combat stealth then use out of combat healing infront of you?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why can Sins combat stealth then use out of combat healing infront of you?

Individual
12.25.2012 , 03:35 PM | #1
Pretty annoying and overpowered. Don't think Bioware thought this one through. A shadow or sin can be almost dead, pop their combat stealth, cc you while in stealth, then come out of stealth and use their out of combat heal to heal to full just about. Awesomeness. I really really wish Bioware would do something about it. Not to mention they have 4 CC abilities.

cloudblade
12.25.2012 , 03:37 PM | #2
Operatives/scoundrels can also do this? What's your point?
Bitte, Beefcakestud, Filet, Slant
Pansy, Choco
GM of <Wrath> and <Wrth>
The Ebon Hawk

Philelectric
12.25.2012 , 03:41 PM | #3
Lets make a post like the op did.

A player can outplay me by using all the tools he have, I dont think Bioware saw that coming. Being outplayed is very overpowered plz nerf players' brain
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

Marisblood
12.25.2012 , 03:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
Pretty annoying and overpowered. Don't think Bioware thought this one through. A shadow or sin can be almost dead, pop their combat stealth, cc you while in stealth, then come out of stealth and use their out of combat heal to heal to full just about. Awesomeness. I really really wish Bioware would do something about it. Not to mention they have 4 CC abilities.
I bet you are a VG/PT that duno to play. Healing out of combat is skill.

Xienive
12.25.2012 , 03:48 PM | #5
Oh that's one of my favorite tricks! It drives people mad sometimes!
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

Rynis
12.25.2012 , 03:55 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
Oh that's one of my favorite tricks! It drives people mad sometimes!
Not only do I heal up in front of the scrub who let me do that to them, I also throw in a /flap or /chuckle maybe even a couple /sits.
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz

foxmob
12.25.2012 , 04:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
Not only do I heal up in front of the scrub who let me do that to them, I also throw in a /flap or /chuckle maybe even a couple /sits.
there's no counter to that. it's not a matter of "letting you do" anything. a quick stealthscan is possible. a quick punt to catch you stealthed is possible. they both rely on educated guesses (luck). it's a cheap trick to take a pylon. and, imo, should be banned from duels, since "out of combat" = duel over. imo. imo means my opinion. don't blast me for having one. in a general wz fight, however, I see nothing wrong with it. I don't think it abuses any rules. stealthing away and healing up out of combat is what stealth classes should be able to do always (not counting mara/sents as stealth classes). thanks. bye.
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
dealing over 50% of a target's health in a single GCD is just insipid in terms of quality of gaming experience.

JP_Legatus
12.25.2012 , 04:04 PM | #8
No counter? It's called a cc breaker
You deserve to get /flap after letting someone do that to you by using your breaker on something stupid like spike or electrocute

Smashbrother
12.25.2012 , 04:08 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
there's no counter to that. it's not a matter of "letting you do" anything. a quick stealthscan is possible. a quick punt to catch you stealthed is possible. they both rely on educated guesses (luck). it's a cheap trick to take a pylon. and, imo, should be banned from duels, since "out of combat" = duel over. imo. imo means my opinion. don't blast me for having one. in a general wz fight, however, I see nothing wrong with it. I don't think it abuses any rules. stealthing away and healing up out of combat is what stealth classes should be able to do always (not counting mara/sents as stealth classes). thanks. bye.
Decide on rules before dueling someone?

Rynis
12.25.2012 , 04:22 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Decide on rules before dueling someone?
This...and you have to realize being able to leave combat is part of the stealth class toolkit. If you told me (Deception Assassin) I can't use my vanish, I'd have to say you can't use rail shot or force scream or whatever is important to your class.

It refreshes my damage reduction/force regen and finishes the cooldown on blackout and allows me to use spike. I use and abuse force cloak every chance I get.
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz