Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Easiest healer to play

Dabrixmgp
12.25.2012 , 12:38 PM | #1
Just came back and resubbed and thinking about making a healer. Have played all healers in WoW and also a cleric and mage healer in Rift but havent made a healer in this game yet. Just wondering what the easiest healer to play is where if I make a small mistake it wont cause a wipe. Also a decent DPS offspec would be nice as well. Been thinking about an Operative just because I heard their story was one of the bests but I also heard they have the worst DPS specs by far so wont that make leveling harder?

Kavu
12.25.2012 , 12:46 PM | #2
I can only speak from experience regarding Commando healers. I find it ridiculously easy to heal as long as you pay attention to whats going on.
Kritz'krieg 55 Commando Kapowy 50 guardian
Kalim' ti 50 Sentinel Kavu 55 Gunslinger
Desolation 50 Marauder

Canino
12.25.2012 , 12:50 PM | #3
Operatives have good dps if you know the class. If not, they suck. It has a very hard learning curve, but it can be done if you devote a little time to it. Also, they are great healers. I speak from Scoundrel experience.

Hope this helps.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Kitru
12.25.2012 , 01:02 PM | #4
Sage/Sorc healing is almost painfully easy: resource management is laughably simply, AoE healing is just dropping your puddle and laughing your way to the bank, and ST healing is 3 buttons at most (Rejuvenation>Healing Trance and then Deliverance if more is needed while those are on CD) not to mention Force Shield for "pre-healing". The only thing that it can't do well is heal on the move, but that's not a major consideration except in PvP and a few endgame boss fights.

Sage/Sorc also has respectable and effective DPS, and, since it's a pure Force spec, you can pretty much jump from DPS to heal spec and vice versa without needing to reitemize appreciably (all heal specs want to have some degree of alacrity but DPS other than Sage has little to no use for it; in addition, Scoundrel and Commando DPS both want accuracy, which you should never have as a healer).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

djmothra
12.25.2012 , 01:08 PM | #5
Sorc/Sage healer is very similar to WoW priest (I played a holy priest through WotLK) the other healers are good, I'm also working on a Merc (BH) Healer...it's a different skill style, but still plausible.

If you want a Holy Priest copy, Sage/Sorc is the way to go.
Not a Valued Subscriber
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

Sivar
12.25.2012 , 02:21 PM | #6
The Operative/Scoundrel is hard to raid heal with if you're inexperienced with the class, reason being that if you're not up on your resource management then you'll be out of energy faster than any of the other healing classes.

If you're looking for easy, then hit the Sorcerer/Sage as it has the easiest learning curve.
The Nyris Legacy
Jedi Covenant

Dabrixmgp
12.25.2012 , 02:40 PM | #7
what about for soloing heroic quests and also easy leveling? I recently had an assassin and stealth seemed mandatory for questing. Also for DPSing while I level Scoundrels/Operatives have to get buffed soon when it comes to both their DPS trees and resource management. I mean they have sucked since like March and I have never heard of a class being that bad for 9+ months in any game ever made.

Sivar
12.25.2012 , 02:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
what about for soloing heroic quests and also easy leveling? I recently had an assassin and stealth seemed mandatory for questing. Also for DPSing while I level Scoundrels/Operatives have to get buffed soon when it comes to both their DPS trees and resource management. I mean they have sucked since like March and I have never heard of a class being that bad for 9+ months.
Soloing a heroic is hit or miss for any class as it really depends on the heroic in question.

When I leveled my Operative months ago, I did as a dps and only switched to healing as I wanted to do flashpoints and it wasn't bad leveling wise. Sorcerer/Sage is fairly easy to do as you could (I assume you still can) level up in the healing tree and still put out solid dps. As for the Merc, I haven't actually done one, but my Commando was leveled from the dps standpoint as well just like I did for the Operative, and that was easy enough.
The Nyris Legacy
Jedi Covenant

Kitru
12.25.2012 , 03:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
When I leveled my Operative months ago, I did as a dps and only switched to healing as I wanted to do flashpoints and it wasn't bad leveling wise. Sorcerer/Sage is fairly easy to do as you could (I assume you still can) level up in the healing tree and still put out solid dps. As for the Merc, I haven't actually done one, but my Commando was leveled from the dps standpoint as well just like I did for the Operative, and that was easy enough.
I actually found it easiest to level a healer as Commando since most of what you're doing is Hammer Shot spam followed by Charged Bolts spam when you activate Supercharge Cells, not to mention that you get Mortar Volley and Pulse Cannon for AoE amazitude. Sage gets easier when you get Forcequake but, even then, you're not going to deal as much damage as a Commando heals. Scoundrel heal DPS is just painfully low, especially considering the terrible state of companion threat generation. Of course, they get stealth so a lot of the heroics that are impossible/difficult for a Commando/Sage to do because of that are laughably easy as a Scoundrel.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

GeneralShade
12.27.2012 , 06:30 PM | #10
Sorc is the easiest healer by far.