Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why IMPS are so bad? (PvP)

Carter_Mathis
12.20.2012 , 12:02 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjanevek View Post
The real reason why imp are "bad" is because they give up on a team that are not running objectives and the reason why people aren't running objectives is because the rewards are minimal. Numbers get you the recognition you never got running the objective, don't hate the players hate the game.
No, you can still pull the highest numbers while running objectives in every map, maybe with the exclusion of huttball. Most people may have not figured out how to do this, but that is a personal fault and not a good excuse
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

ninjanevek
12.20.2012 , 01:19 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
No, you can still pull the highest numbers while running objectives in every map, maybe with the exclusion of huttball. Most people may have not figured out how to do this, but that is a personal fault and not a good excuse
That's dependent on what situation you are in, sure you can run the objective and push numbers at the same if the situation allows it. Without the backing of other people 9 times of 10 running an objective will either get you killed or waste your time and decrease your potential numbers. Which would be better spent crunching numbers in close proximity to your team. Besides my comment was never intended to excuse anyone only point out why people may choose to run numbers instead of objectives. Running numbers even earns more mvp votes, people don't recognize objective runners with a few exceptions ofc.

nidalad
12.20.2012 , 01:45 PM | #63
You guy's all lie, Imps kick ***, 9 for 9 on my weekly Tuesday.
Moonrunner

ninjanevek
12.20.2012 , 02:43 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by nidalad View Post
You guy's all lie, Imps kick ***, 9 for 9 on my weekly Tuesday.
lol i thought for a minute you put limp *****

darthgamer
12.24.2012 , 10:22 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjanevek View Post
lol i thought for a minute you put limp *****
I thought that too at first lol
Squadron 11-11-11

SpaniardInfinity
12.24.2012 , 10:45 AM | #66
Well, if it's an consolation for you Imps, at least you guys don't have players in your warzones without advanced classes. I've seen full War Hero Jedi Knights. It almost sounds cool until you realize they do a grand total of 20k damage in a full round Civil War. BIG NUMBERS.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

Expostar
12.24.2012 , 05:57 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Partygurl View Post
I also think dps need to stop trying to farm numbers and focus on objectives too which I noticed some don't more than on repub side.
Playing on both sides in the 50 bracket, I would agree this is the main problem. Majority of Imperials just think KILL-KILL-KILL and tunnel while a larger amount of Republic players will make smarter objective decisions. Lets be honest though, there is plenty of derp on both sides to go around.

Jinxs licks the glass.
Jinxaz Sniper Jinxstra Operative

feefty
12.24.2012 , 08:23 PM | #68
[QUOTE=SpaniardInfinity;5628719]Well, if it's an consolation for you Imps, at least you guys don't have players in your warzones without advanced classes. I've seen full War Hero Jedi Knights. It almost sounds cool until you realize they do a grand total of 20k damage in a full round Civil War. BIG NUMBERS.

He's um fun to kill gotta be a joke or something.
Cybox- Sniper
Triality- Sorc
Feefty- Jugg
Cybo-Op

JacksonMo
12.25.2012 , 10:34 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Mojitin View Post
Every WoW kiddie wants to be the evil horde-type guy shooting lightning and being evil, which is why Imperial pvp is pretty much a joke. Granted, Republic side has the 50 year-olds that want to RP Luke Skywalker, but they don't queue for warzones.
I think this sums it up pretty well. The younger set was the first to leave. Older gamers are more likely to play a game long term. We aren't compelled by hype to rush out and buy every game and race to level cap so we can whine in general chat how bored we are and there's nothing to do, and then make a big show of quitting on the forums when a new game rolls out or WoW releases new content.
I'm not 50, nor do I want to RP Luke. He was a whining brat like his father.
But don't be surprised if I'm still here when they turn the lights out, soloing EV with my level 90 gunslinger.

Dabrixmgp
12.25.2012 , 12:42 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Mojitin View Post
Every WoW kiddie wants to be the evil horde-type guy shooting lightning and being evil, which is why Imperial pvp is pretty much a joke. Granted, Republic side has the 50 year-olds that want to RP Luke Skywalker, but they don't queue for warzones.
Then why was Horde always superior to Alliance in WoW PvP if all the Kiddies were playing the evil-horde characters? My alliance win rates when I quit were around 30-34% depending on the character so I dont see how it can be any worse here. I quit quite a few months ago and Imps were just horrible, Certainly over several months they had to have gotten better.