Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightsaber Types

Erixander
12.22.2012 , 10:24 AM | #1
Good day people. I'm a relatively new player and have been enjoying the game. I was just wondering if there's any chance that they might loosen up the way weapons are restricted in the game.

As an example one day might we see a Shadow able to wield a double, single, or dual lightsabers and have all of the Shadow abilities work correctly?

caveslug
12.22.2012 , 11:25 AM | #2
Before the cash shop I would have said no.

But now I could very much see them doing this as a cash shop unlock, I don't think it would be much to switch animations for abilities. Only a few new animations would be needed, the rest would just be copy's of the current ones.

I for one would jump at the chance for my powertech to have a rifle, would love to have a carbine type weapon on them. Just have to think outside the classes also for animations, like if a trooper had a single blaster. Instead of say rocket punch which wouldn't really fit, he would have blaster whip from the scoundrel animations.

Anyway only way I see this happening is if they want more cash shop unlocks, and myself this would be the one of the only things I would buy so far. Yet to spend a single cartel coin on any of that junk.

Also to add its not like most of this is not already in game used by npc's and companions.
#1 reply to all PvP threads.....L2P

Erixander
12.22.2012 , 11:40 AM | #3
My highest character so far is a Shadow. Double-bladed lightsabers have always looked silly to me and I find it weird that an advanced class based off of the Consular is locked into using that instead of a single lightsaber or dual wielding.

NewserCoull
12.25.2012 , 10:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Erixander View Post
My highest character so far is a Shadow. Double-bladed lightsabers have always looked silly to me and I find it weird that an advanced class based off of the Consular is locked into using that instead of a single lightsaber or dual wielding.
what do you mean by locked? i still have my first saber and my double bladed and can equip both just fine
Peace and Justice

Kitru
12.25.2012 , 11:43 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by NewserCoull View Post
what do you mean by locked?
Some Shadow abilities require a DBLS (Shadow Strike, activating your Techniques, Low Slash, Force Breach), not to mention that standard Lightsabers deal less damage than DBLS (DBLS deal 120% of the damage that a standard LS does) so, even if you don't use one, you're hurting your DPS by a fair margin beyond the inability to use the previously mentioned abilities.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.