Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What am i supposed to do?

ripamorame's Avatar


ripamorame
12.25.2012 , 02:59 AM | #1
18.3k health buffed 1.283 expertise ( i know i need to min max) leaped to by 19.3k health marauder ravaged down to 5400 health how is this balanced i don't get how they can justify this damage done by a channeled attack . Am i under geared or are marauders allowed to hit this hard? And finally will it get better i have not looked at notes etc for future buffs.

Karkais's Avatar


Karkais
12.25.2012 , 03:01 AM | #2
Try using your stun or knockback in response when you see ravage castbar or gore animation? (note: you cannot use interrupt cause ravage is uninterruptible, use the other tricks) Not sure what the sage one is called but inquisitor stun is electrocute.

And yes, Marauders do hit that hard if you let them. The fun part is not letting them.

The gore animation looks like stab with both sabers simultaneously. Its your cue to get the hell outta there.

In our guilds pre-christmas party I lost couple duels to a sorcerer as my marauder, Im sure you can do it too.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

ripamorame's Avatar


ripamorame
12.25.2012 , 04:05 AM | #3
Thank you for the advice ill kb i think in future i dont like stunning as i save it for UR i just find myself getting trained 24/7 in warzones which is irritating. Any tips for vengeance jugg they seem to get a lot of up time on me due to unstoppable

Phinub's Avatar


Phinub
12.25.2012 , 06:23 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ripamorame View Post
Thank you for the advice ill kb i think in future i dont like stunning as i save it for UR i just find myself getting trained 24/7 in warzones which is irritating. Any tips for vengeance jugg they seem to get a lot of up time on me due to unstoppable
They're kinda tricky, but try to get the kb off as soon as unstoppable ends and kite them <15m and stay out of melee range so you won't get pushed and jumped on again. Be careful with using sprint to stay out of range, getting charged->pushed->charged is worse than getting caught in melee range and only getting pushed and charged.
Perí
The Red Eclipse

RTCBrad's Avatar


RTCBrad
12.25.2012 , 07:47 AM | #5
Sadly JK\SW is biowares favourite class. They are constantly buffed and improved to the point we are at now where they actually steam roll everyone.

I have a guardian myself and even in vig spec its still harder to lose than it is to win. And well if someone is losing to sages in focus spec, honestly my advice to is one of two things either 1. unsub or 2. delete your JK/SW.

Sage need some serious buffing not just a lame bubble stun to keep us quiet for a little while. We are by miles the squishiest class in the game yet strangely we are the only class without a real nuke skill please don't compare fib to the ridiculous amounts of damage other classes can put out in the same time.

ripamorame's Avatar


ripamorame
12.25.2012 , 08:15 AM | #6
Last one and then im done thank you all btw operatives as balance i seem to get a large portion of health dropped when they open is there a good tactic for beating operatives concealment spec ofc i know how to beat lethality.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
12.25.2012 , 06:44 PM | #7
One important thing with a concealment OP is not to panic. They are designed so they get all of their burst out of their opening shots while they stun you and hit you from behind. Use your self heal and medpac, knock them back, use your slow. Their best moves are melee.

This is what someone else was alluding to earlier. With melee, their leaps are generally outside of 15 meters. So if you can stay at around 10 meters using your slows and stuns and knockbacks, they will spend a lot of time chasing you around while you are hitting them.

MusicRider's Avatar


MusicRider
12.30.2012 , 01:08 PM | #8
A ravage should be interrupted in the sense of cc, particularly if it comes with gore. Even mara vs mara do not let a ravage pass full duration. Regarding ops, if you are bubblestun specced then you have zero problems as you literally nullify their game.

MusicRider's Avatar


MusicRider
12.30.2012 , 01:10 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
One important thing with a concealment OP is not to panic. They are designed so they get all of their burst out of their opening shots while they stun you and hit you from behind. Use your self heal and medpac, knock them back, use your slow. Their best moves are melee.

This is what someone else was alluding to earlier. With melee, their leaps are generally outside of 15 meters. So if you can stay at around 10 meters using your slows and stuns and knockbacks, they will spend a lot of time chasing you around while you are hitting them.
Leap is at >= 10m. If rage specced there is a second leap at < 10m. Jugs have also force push so they can reset their leap and the required distance.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
12.30.2012 , 05:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
Leap is at >= 10m. If rage specced there is a second leap at < 10m. Jugs have also force push so they can reset their leap and the required distance.
Right. The point is, if you can stay at 8 or 9 meters, you limit many of your melee opponents' options.