Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is with the slave outfit wearing companions.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What is with the slave outfit wearing companions.

internaty
12.24.2012 , 05:53 PM | #1
Not sure if it belongs here but:

Why do people equip there companions(or themself)
With the slave outfit.
And dont tell me because they want to look at a sexy charater.

There are plenty of ways to look at sexy people that doesnt even invole effort.

So i want to know the real reson why people dress up there charaters.
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

Abbyssion
12.24.2012 , 06:03 PM | #2
Well when you think about a lot of these characters stay with you for no good reason past the planet quest line and do menial labor for you (crew skills) it kinda fits...I kid I kid

Spartanik
12.24.2012 , 06:19 PM | #3
What you realy think hotshot? oh look a way to dress my toon with bikini (slaveoutfit)
Its realy no brainer, its so basic realy.
Why there are only pretty chics on TV, or movies etc? why baywacth was very wacthed?!
cashing....

Just saying.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

JediMB
12.24.2012 , 06:30 PM | #4
Supposedly "Slave Leia" is a common sexual fantasy.

It doesn't appeal to me, personally, but I suppose I get why others like it.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Athena-Nike
12.24.2012 , 10:29 PM | #5
It is attractive to some people

Another reason is its cheap and easy low level revealing modable armor, making it practical to those that want more revealing outfits early.

MsMalice
12.24.2012 , 10:47 PM | #6
Because there are a lot of men who play this game. Need I say more?
Personally, I'm still waiting for a slave boy outfit just to humiliate Quinn and because it would totally suit him (for the lulz).
RAYESAUCYNlPPLES
<Samurai Pizza Cats>
<Just Relax>

Joushigun
12.24.2012 , 11:41 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MsMalice View Post
Personally, I'm still waiting for a slave boy outfit just to humiliate Quinn and because it would totally suit him (for the lulz).
Well....there's a fairly good number of lesbians who play the game too...
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

GoreGieger
12.24.2012 , 11:54 PM | #8
1. Someone gave me the outfit pieces and the mods to put in them at low level (Elegant Loungewear set rather than the slave set, but I imagine they aren't that different from each other).

2. It's better than what my companion was currently wearing.

3. Getting replacement mods is cheaper and easier than buying new gear (friends I play with can craft what I need and do it for cost).

4. Most of the outfits I've encountered in game thus far look like crap on female characters (hooded robes that make them bald, outfits that don't unify colors properly, robes that make their butts look huge compared to their waist line, etc.).

I'm not too crazy about the color on the Elegant Loungewear set (way too much white for my tastes), but I can hide the head slot so they aren't bald, the colors do unify properly, and they don't suffer from thunder butt like they would if they were wearing a bath robe.

I'm sure there are some decent looking outfits in the game later on, but from level 1 to level 20 (as far as I've gotten thus far) I haven't found anything that I think looks decent (and the things that look kinda decent are way out of my price range so far).

No doubt some peoples' reasons vary, but there's mine. Take it for what it's worth to you.

Sinapus
12.25.2012 , 12:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MsMalice View Post
That probably accounts for a lot of it, though as I mentioned elsewhere there are women who dress in that "Leia's metal bikini" outfit so it's probably not all men.

Quote:
Well, it would bring balance to the eye-candy options... though my eyes might melt if it's a male character w/body 4 though. Haven't started a Sith character, but noticed comments about the Sith Warrior's master being overweight. Would not like to see him in something like that.
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

chuixupu
12.25.2012 , 03:19 AM | #10
For me, it's just humor. I'm just sad I can't make my male companions wear it.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant