Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best PvP Heal & PVP Dps Class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best PvP Heal & PVP Dps Class?

JediMasterYoung
12.24.2012 , 04:07 PM | #1
I'd like to know (As of Patch 1.6.1) what the best current DPS class is and what the best current Heal class is for PVP.

I know a lot of people are going to post: "Play whatever class you enjoy" or "We can't tell until we have meters" but I don't want that. I'd just like to know, from what you've all seen, what are the best current healing classes, and dps classes in PVP.

Thanks!

Codle
12.24.2012 , 04:15 PM | #2
Heals, IMO, operatives stand completely unchallenged in that respect. The combination of Kolto Probe and it's proc, combined with Kolto Injection, means that an operative hardly ever has to stay still and channel. Plus they get a couple of decent stuns, along with stealth. They're just awesome.

For DPS, it can vary in my experience. The main two I have noticed are Assassins and PT's (for their amazing potential burst damage). I imagine many would say marauders, but I have never watched my health bar drop when facing a marauder as when I'm against a Deception Sin or an AP PT. Painful.

Obviously these are my opinions based on observations, I imagine many people would think differently :P
The Red Eclipse - Khaar Legacy
'Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot.'

R.I.P. OPOD

JediMasterYoung
12.24.2012 , 04:24 PM | #3
Makes me want to re-roll as an operative. Right now I'm playing a sorc. I made the class when the game first came out and it was awesome, but I heard they got nerfd hard in 1.2... I feel like my heals suck now. I like playing a heal/dps class that I can re-spec whenever I want without having to switch gear. Are operatives good dps in pvp though?

RendValor
12.24.2012 , 05:34 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Codle View Post
I imagine many would say marauders, but I have never watched my health bar drop when facing a marauder as when I'm against a Deception Sin or an AP PT. Painful.
Sorry, but you just lost all credibility with that line right there.
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Sanctioned
12.24.2012 , 08:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterYoung View Post
Makes me want to re-roll as an operative. Right now I'm playing a sorc. I made the class when the game first came out and it was awesome, but I heard they got nerfd hard in 1.2... I feel like my heals suck now. I like playing a heal/dps class that I can re-spec whenever I want without having to switch gear. Are operatives good dps in pvp though?
lol. You seemed to have arrived in a little predicament, there.

Do I stay with the great DPS but under-performing heals class? Or do I jump ship to the best-heals but the worst-DPS-in-the-game class?

Decisions decisions.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler

JediMasterYoung
12.25.2012 , 09:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
lol. You seemed to have arrived in a little predicament, there.

Do I stay with the great DPS but under-performing heals class? Or do I jump ship to the best-heals but the worst-DPS-in-the-game class?

Decisions decisions.
Are Scoundrels really worst DPS in the game? for pvp?

Codle
12.25.2012 , 09:08 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RendValor View Post
Sorry, but you just lost all credibility with that line right there.
Sorry, you must have missed a line at the end of my post, so I'll post it again...

'Obviously these are my opinions based on observations, I imagine many people would think differently'

I said what I said because that's what I've seen. You have obviously seen differently.

Regardless, PT's and Deception Sins (IN MY EXPERIENCE) have the best burst in the game. Marauders (IN MY EXPERIENCE) don't quite have the same damage output in a short space of time. What makes a Marauder so good as DPS are the quality of their defensive CDs, and the fact that whilst these CDs are on they can put out a decent amount of damage. But again, not as much burst (and I'm talking strictly burst here) as a PT or Deception Sin.
The Red Eclipse - Khaar Legacy
'Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot.'

R.I.P. OPOD

Kitru
12.25.2012 , 09:34 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Codle View Post
Regardless, PT's and Deception Sins (IN MY EXPERIENCE) have the best burst in the game. Marauders (IN MY EXPERIENCE) don't quite have the same damage output in a short space of time.
A lot of it depends on the spec you're dealing with. A Focus Sentinel gets pretty good burst out of being lolSmash, and Combat Sentinels can do some disgusting things with Zen + Precision Slash (100% arpen 1 sec GCD Blade Rush spam). Watchman doesn't really have much appreciable burst, which is the what I have to assume you're used to dealing with.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.