Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
12.24.2012 , 12:50 PM | #331
I would like to focus on the fact that the drop matches the bosses severity, Dr Lorrick is one of the harder bosses in the entire flashpoint system, he is complex both on a mechanic level and on a pure damage in + damage out level. However the other two bosses in the flashpoint don't match that in any way, the first droid don't do any heavy load of damage, the only problem with him is the mechanics, and on the second boss you only have to deal with a great deal of unavoidable damage, however few problematic mechanics.

I would say that most flashpoint bosses matches the severity level of Story Mode EV/KP, however I wouldn't say that Dr Lorrick matches Soa in Hardmode as well as Toth and Zorn/Terror from Beyond in Storymode (the other place were chest drops). So, in my opinion the loot from LI is actually very good considering what drops and what else you need to do in order to obtain the same loot.
Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress - The Eternal Warrior
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.24.2012 , 01:29 PM | #332
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I would like to focus on the fact that the drop matches the bosses severity, Dr Lorrick is one of the harder bosses in the entire flashpoint system, he is complex both on a mechanic level and on a pure damage in + damage out level. However the other two bosses in the flashpoint don't match that in any way, the first droid don't do any heavy load of damage, the only problem with him is the mechanics, and on the second boss you only have to deal with a great deal of unavoidable damage, however few problematic mechanics.

I would say that most flashpoint bosses matches the severity level of Story Mode EV/KP, however I wouldn't say that Dr Lorrick matches Soa in Hardmode as well as Toth and Zorn/Terror from Beyond in Storymode (the other place were chest drops). So, in my opinion the loot from LI is actually very good considering what drops and what else you need to do in order to obtain the same loot.
LR-5 is mostly about the whole team handle things well, sure he does not do huge damage unless you don't interrupt his fireaoe but there are a lot of sources which could cause damage, if there are melee DPS it could get more difficult. It's no doubt harder than all of the Tier 1 HM and around the same level as Sav-Rak/Lorrick.

Sav Rak is not just about avoid damage, it has a very tight enrage timer at least since 1.5. Even Columi could get him to enrage sometimes, the gear requirement is even higher than Lorrick.

Overall, the 3 bosses are around the same level, just different mechanics and challenges.

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
12.24.2012 , 03:02 PM | #333
I am afraid I have to disagree with you there, if you look on the damage output from Lorrick and compare it to LR-5 the difference is significant. However I agree with you that the fight CAN contain loads of damage, however that is only if the group handles the mechanics incorrect. Standing in fire/lava and/or lightning is easily avoided and yes, having two melee DPS instead of two range makes it a bit harder, however not that much more complex. In the case of three range and one melee tank, tank hardly ever have to move and for him it becomes a standstill-tank-spank fight. However if there is two or one melee he has to move the boss to avoid standing in lightning pillars, not that much of a problem TBH. I think that you are correct that the mechanics is much harder then any other fight in another flashpoint.

Sav Rak is almost all about avoiding huge damage spikes, like getting pushbacked into the lava, messing up the fire on pillars so he contines spreading out his hard hitting poision on all players. The enrage might be thight, never had any problems with it on any of my chars, and then I have done the entire then in full Tionese (entire group was in full tionese) so I guess that part is more about personal skill then a short enrage timer.

The three bosses are not that far away from eachother in severity, however Dr Lorrick is significantly harder then the other two and also rewards very good loot, the rakata chest.
Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress - The Eternal Warrior
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.24.2012 , 04:07 PM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I am afraid I have to disagree with you there, if you look on the damage output from Lorrick and compare it to LR-5 the difference is significant. However I agree with you that the fight CAN contain loads of damage, however that is only if the group handles the mechanics incorrect. Standing in fire/lava and/or lightning is easily avoided and yes, having two melee DPS instead of two range makes it a bit harder, however not that much more complex. In the case of three range and one melee tank, tank hardly ever have to move and for him it becomes a standstill-tank-spank fight. However if there is two or one melee he has to move the boss to avoid standing in lightning pillars, not that much of a problem TBH. I think that you are correct that the mechanics is much harder then any other fight in another flashpoint.
All of Lorrick's high damage abilities are avoidable in phase 1 and 2, phase 3 is a DPS race but all you have to do is stack on the wall and DPS him down, but LR-5 require a lot of movement and take on the adds. The difficulty of Lorrick is mostly DPS and tank position him right.

Quote:
Sav Rak is almost all about avoiding huge damage spikes, like getting pushbacked into the lava, messing up the fire on pillars so he contines spreading out his hard hitting poision on all players. The enrage might be thight, never had any problems with it on any of my chars, and then I have done the entire then in full Tionese (entire group was in full tionese) so I guess that part is more about personal skill then a short enrage timer.
Same thing for Lorrick, his tricks and circles are all avoidable.
At least since 1.5 its enrage timer is very tight, tionese really has to beat the **** out of it to catch up. The DPS requirement is as high as Lorrick.

Quote:
The three bosses are not that far away from eachother in severity, however Dr Lorrick is significantly harder then the other two and also rewards very good loot, the rakata chest.
Not at all, Lorrick is a challenge to DPS that's all, and it's not higher than Sav Rak. Other than that it's just the tank position him right.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.24.2012 , 05:21 PM | #335
Also, please balance it a bit to reduce the difficulty for melee DPS. It's doable but range dps has big advantage in LR-5 and Lorrick, Snipers also don't have to worry about Sav Rak's smash.

Saphra's Avatar


Saphra
12.24.2012 , 06:58 PM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
Dreaming. Comps ain't gonna survive the droid's area damage and have zero chance against Savrak.
Apologies for not reading all 34 pages, in case this has already been posted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPRr7LOVcgs

The sentinel's gear is Rakata/BH, campaign MH, Columi OH.
The sage's gear is BH/campaign, Rakata MH, BH OH.
Companions are a mix of level 50 blues, BH, and everything in between.

(Edit) It should be stated that we're not awesome players. As is plainly seen in the video, there are sloppy mistakes happening (mostly the sentinel :P). We've barely cleared HM EC, and have just started to attempt HM TFB. We are NOT high end raiders, by any means. We were simply looking for a challenge, as there's no small group content that offers any sort of sporting challenge outside of HM LI.

We're going to try 3 manning LI HM in nothing higher than Tionese next =D. When (if?) we're successful, I hope the whole "nerf HM LI!" argument is put to rest, since if an experienced group can do it with 3 people, you'd think that a group with less experience, but 33% more manpower (well, ok, the companion still counts as a half man.... I guess) SHOULD be able to complete the same thing.

Saphra's Avatar


Saphra
12.24.2012 , 08:05 PM | #337
Quote: Originally Posted by khevar View Post
@ashlaboga, exactly.

I wish people would post like "how can i do better on hm li", or "what do i do to heal through sav-rak spits", or "how do i avoid damage on lorick"

this is a much healthier attitude than "hm li is too hard", or "you have to outgear hm li to pass it"

what really astounds me are the people that are advising others that "you have to be in rakata/bh to heal hm li" or some other silly claim. if someone is bad at hm li, they're not an expert and should stop trying to give advice.

instead ask advice from other people who are good at it.
this! ^^^

Hovergame's Avatar


Hovergame
12.25.2012 , 08:05 AM | #338
Quote: Originally Posted by Saphra View Post
Apologies for not reading all 34 pages, in case this has already been posted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPRr7LOVcgs

The sentinel's gear is Rakata/BH, campaign MH, Columi OH.
The sage's gear is BH/campaign, Rakata MH, BH OH.
Companions are a mix of level 50 blues, BH, and everything in between.

(Edit) It should be stated that we're not awesome players. As is plainly seen in the video, there are sloppy mistakes happening (mostly the sentinel :P). We've barely cleared HM EC, and have just started to attempt HM TFB. We are NOT high end raiders, by any means. We were simply looking for a challenge, as there's no small group content that offers any sort of sporting challenge outside of HM LI.

We're going to try 3 manning LI HM in nothing higher than Tionese next =D. When (if?) we're successful, I hope the whole "nerf HM LI!" argument is put to rest, since if an experienced group can do it with 3 people, you'd think that a group with less experience, but 33% more manpower (well, ok, the companion still counts as a half man.... I guess) SHOULD be able to complete the same thing.
You are still better than 80% (or even more) of them
Thank you for this video My challenge is similar : I'm trying to do some 50 HM FP alone (with a compagnion, of course). Actually, I can clean Taral V HM with a sentinel and False Emperor HM with my Trooper + a few bosses. I should try Esseless now, probably doable.

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.25.2012 , 09:04 AM | #339
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
LR-5 is mostly about the whole team handle things well, sure he does not do huge damage unless you don't interrupt his fireaoe but there are a lot of sources which could cause damage, if there are melee DPS it could get more difficult. It's no doubt harder than all of the Tier 1 HM and around the same level as Sav-Rak/Lorrick.

Sav Rak is not just about avoid damage, it has a very tight enrage timer at least since 1.5. Even Columi could get him to enrage sometimes, the gear requirement is even higher than Lorrick.

Overall, the 3 bosses are around the same level, just different mechanics and challenges.
If you already admit that the 3 bosses are on the same level, why the hell would someone in their sane mind choose to kill 2 bosses but leave the third alive, and EXPECT the drop of the 3rd boss to drop for them ANYWAY. This is just making no sense whatsoever. And btw in no Tier 1 HM FP will you get 3 Columi pieces and 1 Rakata piece, 1 rare pet, 1 rare speeder. It is a flashpoint that rewards the player quite well for what they do. Let's not ignore the 8 + 5 BH comms we get.

Oh, and your calls to nerfing this Flashpoint when it has already been nerfed is ridiculous. If you are struggling with it you better improvise.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.25.2012 , 12:03 PM | #340
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
If you already admit that the 3 bosses are on the same level, why the hell would someone in their sane mind choose to kill 2 bosses but leave the third alive, and EXPECT the drop of the 3rd boss to drop for them ANYWAY. This is just making no sense whatsoever. And btw in no Tier 1 HM FP will you get 3 Columi pieces and 1 Rakata piece, 1 rare pet, 1 rare speeder. It is a flashpoint that rewards the player quite well for what they do. Let's not ignore the 8 + 5 BH comms we get.

Oh, and your calls to nerfing this Flashpoint when it has already been nerfed is ridiculous. If you are struggling with it you better improvise.
Because the time and repair bill? Not many people can spend many many hours on this and pay tons of repair bill.

What makes no sense? Other HM all drop stuff that can give upgrade to most of the people. Why didn' HM EC drops 1 campaign+many Rakata or HM TFB drops 1 dreadguard+ many campaign? LI HM is the only exception.