Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Malavai Quinn


shava's Avatar


shava
12.24.2012 , 12:19 AM | #61
Sometimes I feel like an alien... But part of that is, I spent a good deal of my career working in politics and international relations, and it colors my interpretation of the warrior storyline.

My post on the Transponder Station in the Warrior forum here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=100

is probably a whole different take than 99.44% of the player population. But I hold to it as more consistent with Sith and storyline reality than the alternatives.

Enjoy!
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
12.24.2012 , 03:04 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by shava View Post
Sometimes I feel like an alien... But part of that is, I spent a good deal of my career working in politics and international relations, and it colors my interpretation of the warrior storyline.

My post on the Transponder Station in the Warrior forum here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=100

is probably a whole different take than 99.44% of the player population. But I hold to it as more consistent with Sith and storyline reality than the alternatives.

Enjoy!
oh my oh my you write about your job - - - again. your whole post is a wishful thinking and inconsistent writing of a mentioned quest.

Sith that follows the Dark Side would tear Quinn apart just for trying. Warrior is powerful, hes not an inquisitor, he doesnt even like conspirators, he would punish Quinn.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

AhsokaTanorules's Avatar


AhsokaTanorules
12.24.2012 , 10:27 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
The option was there in beta.
And many players killed him off. Afterwards the majority of players that killed him off, submitted complaints to bring him back because they missed having a healing companion.
So, BW removed the ability to kill off companions.
Here is what they could have done. If you killed a companion off perhaps they could make it that replacement with similar abilities immediately turns up. ((i.e. You kill Malavai for his treachery, one of the Emperor's servants joins you as a replacement healer). It is almost like in Suikoden 2, if you let Anubis get killed, that golden retriever dude joins you instead.

I thought a good one would be ((Mako spoiler))

Spoiler

shava's Avatar


shava
12.24.2012 , 11:54 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
oh my oh my you write about your job - - - again. your whole post is a wishful thinking and inconsistent writing of a mentioned quest.

Sith that follows the Dark Side would tear Quinn apart just for trying. Warrior is powerful, hes not an inquisitor, he doesnt even like conspirators, he would punish Quinn.
In our world, a warrior at the top of his game trained in the best academy is able to operate in the world of politics and diplomacy - this is the product that Annapolis or Norwich University would produce in a field officer, and I don't imagine Korriban would demand less, in that culture. Likewise any candidate fi r diplomatic service had better have read Clauswitz and taken enough military history and military science to at least have good relations with his/her counterparts.

You don't have an empire based entirely on mad Sith. It isn't consistent with lore or good sense. Trust me, our own colonial history, which inspired much of the empire setting, was Dark enough with exactly this sort of coldly pragmatic thinking. It is the exact basis of most of what is called evil in the world today - not madness, but power plays within selfish contexts, and the rest of the world go hang. Nothing else is required for the world to go to hell.

It's fun to play a totally mad Sith, as a player who doesn't get that stretch presumably in real life. But were it my empire, I'd be rooting out the powerful truly mad ones early (and there's also evidence of that in lore - madness overtakes Sith later, and many are ruthless, but only so much waste of resources is tolerated without self-policing).

You seem to mistake power for a lack of intelligence or self reflection. They are not exclusive in the extraordinary individual. The warrior can be played as a rugby jock, but the storyline wraps itself around a dark version of Peter Deth Wimsey very nicely -one of the great joys of Bioware games.

And I write about my work as an academic reference. It shows where I am drawing information from in a lore based discussion. If that sounds like bragging to you, then maybe you haven't got relevant experience and come from some culture where talking about your work implies you are better, smarter, richer, higher status? That's what you brought to that, my dear. I am just relating my experience in decades in academia and NGOs for the most part - a career that does not make you richer and by dark side interpretation impairs your advancement, probably implying poor things about your intelligence. Your ego has nothing to fear from the likes of me.

Shava Nerad
===
/* formerly Ashtara, the only female trandoshan (TKM/scout/sword) on Chilastra */

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
12.24.2012 , 01:15 PM | #65
there is no need for intelligent approach if you can simply raze your enemies. overthinking simple things is a waste of the most important resource, time. Theres no "mad" choice for SW, nothing that I encountered.

Sith Warrior is not a soldier and politics and diplomacy are the least of his concerns especially that he belongs to Empire and operating within empire structures is quite simple. If he was even a little bit of politic animal then he would turn Dark Council against Baras, after all he tried to pose as the Voice. Probably dozen options to dispose of him.

theres no use for Quinn after his tratirous play other than decoy.

you like to write a lot but what I meant was that your job is irrelevant, and then considering human rights silliness it is simply useless information to me, but overall it is manipulation to audience - would be much easier if anyone was just simply a forum user, not an "expert".
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

DarthRamette's Avatar


DarthRamette
12.24.2012 , 02:09 PM | #66
In your world, yes RRRRRR KILL QUINN is your response. In others who are not just killing machines but playing politics killing Quinn is either an option or not. I let him live and took it out on Baras, in fact i had at my fight to Baras could see he had failed in his attempt to kill me. You see Baras was the string holder and Quinn did what he was told, once Baras is killed/imprisoned/exiled he is no longer doing anything to Quinn. Would I trust Quinn right away, hell no but knowing Baras is dead and failed in basically everything he tried was good enough for me. I don't feel the need to kill everything in my path when I get what I want w/out resorting to murder at every step. You wanna be the big bad DS 5 person killing everything in your path go right ahead, not all of us play our characters like this, we are more civilized in our game. To say how I play my story is wrong, sorry its MY story not yours. BTW do you think the Dark Council members just killed their way there or perhaps it was killing AND politics both that got them there?

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
12.24.2012 , 04:35 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
In your world, yes RRRRRR KILL QUINN is your response. In others who are not just killing machines but playing politics killing Quinn is either an option or not. I let him live and took it out on Baras, in fact i had at my fight to Baras could see he had failed in his attempt to kill me. You see Baras was the string holder and Quinn did what he was told, once Baras is killed/imprisoned/exiled he is no longer doing anything to Quinn. Would I trust Quinn right away, hell no but knowing Baras is dead and failed in basically everything he tried was good enough for me. I don't feel the need to kill everything in my path when I get what I want w/out resorting to murder at every step. You wanna be the big bad DS 5 person killing everything in your path go right ahead, not all of us play our characters like this, we are more civilized in our game. To say how I play my story is wrong, sorry its MY story not yours. BTW do you think the Dark Council members just killed their way there or perhaps it was killing AND politics both that got them there?
killing is a form of politics too. I would refrain from using word "civilized", civilisations were raised by endless competition, cut troaths and power struggles. Well, I think it is fuly justified to call other options than killing Quinn naive and pointless, well risky at very least. Murder is simple and effective solution, especially in the Star Wars universe where force exists. Few of them, weaker ones probably went thro mud and covert ops, web of intrigues etc. to get there, other maybe were granted their position only thanks to force power they wield. Also as mentioned before, killing is also a form of politics
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

DarthRamette's Avatar


DarthRamette
12.24.2012 , 08:18 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
killing is a form of politics too. I would refrain from using word "civilized", civilisations were raised by endless competition, cut troaths and power struggles. Well, I think it is fuly justified to call other options than killing Quinn naive and pointless, well risky at very least. Murder is simple and effective solution, especially in the Star Wars universe where force exists. Few of them, weaker ones probably went thro mud and covert ops, web of intrigues etc. to get there, other maybe were granted their position only thanks to force power they wield. Also as mentioned before, killing is also a form of politics
Naive and pointless, your blood lust it so cute and so sad. Just because someone doesn't see it your way doesnt make it any less pointless. Get over yourself.

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
12.25.2012 , 01:10 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
Naive and pointless, your blood lust it so cute and so sad. Just because someone doesn't see it your way doesnt make it any less pointless. Get over yourself.
I dont know about blood lust, I like to think it is strictly pragmatic approach. Well, yes, it is pointless from mission efficiency perspective.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

_Darkstar's Avatar


_Darkstar
01.02.2013 , 09:51 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by shava View Post
And I write about my work as an academic reference. It shows where I am drawing information from in a lore based discussion. If that sounds like bragging to you, then maybe you haven't got relevant experience and come from some culture where talking about your work implies you are better, smarter, richer, higher status? That's what you brought to that, my dear. I am just relating my experience in decades in academia and NGOs for the most part - a career that does not make you richer and by dark side interpretation impairs your advancement, probably implying poor things about your intelligence. Your ego has nothing to fear from the likes of me.

Shava Nerad
Actually you have that the wrong way round. Anyone who needs to do the whole "look at this piece of paper that shows I know what I am talking about" thing by talking about qualifications is not secure enough in themselves to just put a point out there and let other people judge them to be correct.

His point is that your prior experience is not important, and so should not be mentioned. Don't be right because of x background, just be right. Or not (I never bothered to read your link because I never read links as it is a lazy way of saying something).
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!