Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lodestone: A Wynston/Ruth Alternate Universe

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
Lodestone: A Wynston/Ruth Alternate Universe

bright_ephemera
12.22.2012 , 10:40 AM | #51
L + 14 years 10 months, part 1

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler

L + 14 years 10 months, part 2

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
12.22.2012 , 11:10 AM | #52
L+14y10mp1
Oh ouch, the talk. Knew it had to be coming.

L+14y10mp2
"The blonde squinted up at the Sith. "Uggh. Why have you not died in a fire yet?""
Hahahahahahaha!
I actually love Larr Gith as a character. She so damn flawed, just fabulous.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
12.23.2012 , 12:25 PM | #53
L + 14 years 11 months

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

bright_ephemera
12.24.2012 , 12:11 AM | #54
L + 15 years, part 1

Spoiler

L + 15 years, part 2

Spoiler

L + 15 years, part 3

Spoiler

L + 15 years, part 4

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads

irishfino
12.24.2012 , 12:46 AM | #55
And now Ruth gets a taste. MUAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

[coughs]
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Vesaniae
12.24.2012 , 09:06 AM | #56
Eeee, the plot thickens! It's really interesting to see the differences between the two universes--Colrand in particular reads as a completely different character from Rylon. And Quinn being, for lack of a better word, all Quinn-y out of the blue? Delightful. I'm eagerly awaiting more, more, more!
There's always lightning.

iamthehoyden
12.24.2012 , 09:55 AM | #57
Quote:
"I'm sorry" was the only warning he had.
O.O OMG!
Quote:
Opposite him was his older image.
OMG again!!! Also, I love Colrand. He's stable in ways Rylon never was. The results of having a loving, stable mother and a regular, stable male in the household who loves him.

Ugh, I hate that Ruth thinks she might for a second be even a little bit like Quinn. I hate that.
Edit: I also hate that Quinn gets to feel a little bit justified because he THINKS Ruth is doing the same thing he did. Bastard.
---------------

Estelindis
12.24.2012 , 10:11 AM | #58
It's so interesting to see the differences between the universes. I agree that Cole in particular is a much more sympathetic character in this version.

I'm a little surprised that Wynston hasn't considered the possibility that the Emperor might have understood what he's been doing from going through Ruth's mind.

bright_ephemera
12.24.2012 , 10:34 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
And now Ruth gets a taste. MUAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

[coughs]
Because one awful turn deserves another?

Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
It's really interesting to see the differences between the two universes--Colrand in particular reads as a completely different character from Rylon.
- and -
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Also, I love Colrand. He's stable in ways Rylon never was. The results of having a loving, stable mother and a regular, stable male in the household who loves him.
It really does help not being in a toxic paranoid situation with a parent who cannot begin to account for the differences between her (old habitual and sort of reasonable-sounding) rhetoric and her (Wrath smash) actions. She has trusted friends. What passes for a father figure might not be around much but he is a loving presence when he shows up. Rylon was struggling to be Sith as the only thing that made sense from the darkness he had been taught. Cole's got a much, much more constructive basis to work from. As was intended from the day Rylon was assigned the name of a treacherous agent as a standing reminder and Colrand was named after a Light Side healer and family.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Ugh, I hate that Ruth thinks she might for a second be even a little bit like Quinn. I hate that.
Edit: I also hate that Quinn gets to feel a little bit justified because he THINKS Ruth is doing the same thing he did. Bastard.
That is not going to get better anytime soon. The human brain has a terrible tendency to seek to reconcile cognitive dissonance and may do so by working overtime to justify actions it can't make sense of. "If I just did something horrible, I must have had a reason. Huh, and I've seen that particular behavior before. Makes sense...more than any other explanation does, anyway."

Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I'm a little surprised that Wynston hasn't considered the possibility that the Emperor might have understood what he's been doing from going through Ruth's mind.
I never properly elaborated Wynston's full thought process. He knew from day one the order might go out. He knew from the moment Ruth trampled his warnings that the order might be binding. From there it was a juggling act between "not telling her anything directly incriminating" and "trying to direct her job implementation away from killing all activists ever because we kind of need those guys." He also had a choice between "introduce Larr Gith knowing that history suggests the Emperor's summons and game-ending attention might come at any minute" and "allow one more priority job knowing it risks being a bad one." I don't think any of that knowledge especially lessens the gut impact of her opening fire.

I kinda want to curl up and cry rather than continuing at the moment, but stuff definitely has to happen. Soon.
Bright's Fanfic Threads

iamthehoyden
12.24.2012 , 11:07 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
I kinda want to curl up and cry rather than continuing at the moment, but stuff definitely has to happen. Soon.
It's a sad situation, but Ruth's a tough cookie. Our Lady of Never Tell Me the Odds (Still one of my favorite W/Q tales.)
---------------