Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How many subscriptions SWTOR still have?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How many subscriptions SWTOR still have?

Flamehunter
12.24.2012 , 10:01 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Connll View Post
So, according to posters opinion, SWTOR amount of active subscripstions is between 300k-600k.

An average of 450k then? WoW. less than 20% of the top number.

Not sure about how I feel about this... I wanted this game to be the next WoW, you know... What did we do wrong?
whining for little thing like bug , transfer sever, sub fee as a result, EA fire half of f bioware team if you were not so difficult we would more content now. Each mmo comme out there you dont like you guys get mad said Unsub spot beig picky the game will grow fine. i am trying to mean i just want the game to be succesfull that all.

even if the is not big now that dosent matter what is if you keep subscribing the will grow eventualy.

spectreclees
12.24.2012 , 10:04 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Flamehunter View Post
whining for little thing like bug , transfer sever, sub fee all the result EA fire half of f bioware team if you were not so difficult we would more content now. Each mmo comme out there you dont like you guys get mad said Unsub spot beig picky the game will grow fine. i am trying to mean i just want the game to be succesfull that all.

even if the is not big now that dosent matter what is if you keep subscribing the will grow eventualy.
No, just no. None of those things caused EA to fire anyone or let go people. You don't know anything about business at all. Is English not your first language?

Flamehunter
12.24.2012 , 10:18 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
No, just no. None of those things caused EA to fire anyone or let go people. You don't know anything about business at all. Is English not your first language?
No my fist language is french sorry for my spelling. and i am just saying if we have all the sub in the the game would be fine bye now. the player expect to much.

spectreclees
12.24.2012 , 10:28 AM | #164
No my fist language is french sorry for my spelling. and i am just saying if we have all the sub in the the game would be fine bye now. the player expect to much.
Yes, this player base does ask too much of Bioware. Bioware also fails to deliver a lot. When I go over to the wow forums, I realize how well established everything is for them, granted the game is in the gutter imo. The latest patch that will be coming up in January introduces more rep grinds and dailies which is something the community is dead set against. I miss the golden days of WoW.

BobaTed
12.24.2012 , 10:30 AM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Connll View Post
Not sure about how I feel about this... I wanted this game to be the next WoW, you know... What did we do wrong?
There will be no next WoW. Ever. WoW is a fluke - the result of a confluence of technological developments, name recognition, and closure of a division in the gaming market that can never be reproduced in the MMO genre. As I've said before, even if WoW suddenly disappeared tomorrow, no single MMO will take its place (though we'd probably see a flurry of new development activity as every publisher tried to grab a piece of the pie).

That said, within the realm of non-WoW MMOs, 450k subscribers is pretty good. Whether it's enough for SWTOR specifically, I have no way of knowing.

LegendaryBlade
12.24.2012 , 10:32 AM | #166
Unfortunately this is how it works. If your game doesn't meet expectations, people don't support it. SWTOR already got way more leniancy than most MMOs, in that a lot of people supported it out of love for either Bioware or StarWars.

Unfortunately what we got and all we will ever have is an 'eh, it's okay' tier MMO.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

Flamehunter
12.24.2012 , 10:38 AM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
Yes, this player base does ask too much of Bioware. Bioware also fails to deliver a lot. When I go over to the wow forums, I realize how well established everything is for them, granted the game is in the gutter imo. The latest patch that will be coming up in January introduces more rep grinds and dailies which is something the community is dead set against. I miss the golden days of WoW.
i am preatty sure that wow was not perfec wen it fist came out .

darklordpotter
12.24.2012 , 10:39 AM | #168
i am preatty wow not perfec wen it fist came out .
Yeah but that was 8 years ago.

Flamehunter
12.24.2012 , 10:44 AM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by darklordpotter View Post
Yeah but that was 8 years ago.
If player keep subscribing mabey, in 8 years star wars could get better .

Bhemont
12.24.2012 , 10:56 AM | #170
whining for little thing like bug , transfer sever, sub fee as a result, EA fire half of f bioware team if you were not so difficult we would more content now. Each mmo comme out there you dont like you guys get mad said Unsub spot beig picky the game will grow fine. i am trying to mean i just want the game to be succesfull that all.

LOL!

Blaming subscription loss on the users, classy.
Proud owner of the CE Imperial Agent since day one
- Red Zone